Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele Reforged vault marvel money Mask riot ghoul NPCs daryl machine dead boom Call boomers power Overhaul gauss Gear commonwealth body hunk mandalorian khan Ryse wolfenstein
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Doggo

Doggo

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 5:11 am

Sahaall wrote:
First off I want to say that dust was great, I really enjoyed it and the fact that it made me change my playstyle from "Ooo living thing, kill it." to "Run dude, you gonna die!". I do have a few questions you may or may not be able to answer, first off the screenshots of the snow look really bright, are you and your team planning on making it darker to kind of represent the atmosphere full of ash? My second question is; will there be anything to do with the Cabots?

The snow and brightness in the screens do not represent the final version. The game as a whole will be much darker and you will make constant use of your flashlight.
Back to top Go down
Zetman

Zetman

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 5:47 am

Well I'm certainly impressed. By the trailer audio especially. Very well put together sound work.
Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 5:58 am

I know its a little early for "Cut content" but I'm a little disappointed this idea was brought down. So I was at work the other day and had about an hour to do nothing, my gaming PC is a desktop and I keep it at home, and there isn't anywhere good to eat near where I work besides panera. So I decided to work on FROST. So I had this one idea which started with me asking the question: If I had to improve fallout 4's dialogue using the same system that exists, how would I do it? I know fallout uses a flowchart 'If they say X then Person says Y' so I wrote an interaction in the form of a flowchart.
So FROST has a lot of side quests and things to discover, however none of it is marked. Naugrim really wants to deviate from the traditional open world "go here to quest" and now that you die really easily it makes it even more difficult. So here's what I came up with: there is a building that has scavengers attacking a group of soldiers in it, the soldiers barricaded themselves from the scavengers, its pretty similar to when you meet preston garvey in hindsight. So you get to the soldiers and it starts this conversation:
Spoiler:

You could help the soldiers clear out the rest of the scavengers or you could just leave them. You're might be thinking "why would I leave them? They'll reward me pretty well. And thats true, however the scavengers outnumber you and you die just as easily as they do and likely have just as shitty of weapons as they do. So do you want to risk getting your ass handed to you for a ammo and money? (there is a place you can barter). Or would you rather play it safe and let the soldiers figure it out?
I didn't finish writing one of the speech trees, so thats why one is empty.
Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 6:14 am

After a long day of battlefield because I'm sick and cant go to work, I worked on frost, specifically graffiti, I made a lot of humourus ones but I really liked this one:
Spoiler:
I've asked Naugrim and this might be the tagline. Though thats subject to change, all thoughts are welcome!
Back to top Go down
Tactical308

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 3:41 pm

So that soldier idea is out? Shame. How come?  Tagline looks pretty cool btw, love the subtle USA

stormer361

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 5:07 pm

A quest mod? Say no more Iam interested! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 7:09 pm

@Tactical308 yeah I was pretty disappointed as well. We actually had to cut dialogue as a whole, I know that sounds bad. But it actually caters a lot to our style. There are a TON of side quests, and options in those, your character just doesn't speak. I got a lot of inspiration for the graffiti from things like homefront, left 4 dead, ect. So you can expect a lot of messages and notes scribbled onto walls, they can vary from funny messages to warnings about your environment (ghouls, scavengers, mutants, ect.)

So TL;DR: the storytelling is almost the same as DUST, but it has more layers of depth and there is just more overall.

@Stormer361 It's a little bit bigger than a quest mod. It changes almost every aspect of the game. It's a squeal to fallout new vegas's DUST mod, and its huge.
Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 11:26 pm

FALLOUT; FROST Main theme: https://soundcloud.com/cameron-mckinley-travels/frost-main-titles-begin-again
The Talented Cameron McKinley has worked very hard to bring FROST to life through sound, FROST will have its own OST available for free at launch.
Back to top Go down
Tactical308

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 12:30 am

@Doggo Ah, I see. That's a shame, but ultimately it does contribute to naugrim's vision as a whole, so it's best to do frost justice instead of adding gimmicks for lack of a better word. 
By the way, you said squeal instead of sequel. Thought it was kind of fitting though, cause that's what people are gonna be doing a lot of in Frost haha.

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 5:46 am

Tactical308 wrote:
@Doggo Ah, I see. That's a shame, but ultimately it does contribute to naugrim's vision as a whole, so it's best to do frost justice instead of adding gimmicks for lack of a better word. 
By the way, you said squeal instead of sequel. Thought it was kind of fitting though, cause that's what people are gonna be doing a lot of in Frost haha.

Yeah Frost and Dust have a dark souls type of storytelling, instead of talking and asking questions you can read notes, listen to holotapes, read graffiti, and listen to enemies. The voice acting is gonna be really really gucci.
Back to top Go down
onowrouzi

onowrouzi

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 5:58 am

@Doggo I had to give you rep just for using a diagram (especially one that resembles UML). Props. Smile

Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 6:07 am

onowrouzi wrote:
@Doggo I had to give you rep just for using a diagram (especially one that resembles UML). Props. Smile

Thanks man, when I wrote it out player choice was my goal, since I'm always talking about how bad I think the dialogue in Fallout 4 is, I thought I'd show you can still make some good dialogue from a crappy system.
Back to top Go down
Torki

Torki

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 11:46 am

Quote :
*Rub your fingers together harder* *failed* "I´m not wasting resources on an apocalyptic mime."

So sad that is gone, that conversation was pure gold. Also loved DUST, hope it all goes well.

Spoiler:

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 12:57 pm

As an Irish man, every time i played dust or obscurem, I decided not to be my usual nv player (Gun tooting badass), and have a bit of fun. In other words, I put on accents (Mostly Irish ones) and read allowed my own improviesed dialogue with the game, as well as being more sneaky and survival like. So when I saw this trailer all i could think of was Colins (My most recent dust playthrough characters) Reaction to being in a cold. Which was:
"First, I am almost torn to shit by desert beasties in the fucking splitting sun. Now, Im freezing whats left of me off. I miss the damn desert."
Just thought I would share this amusing (at least to me) thoughT, as well as say I am looking forward to Frosts Release. Very Happy Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
NewVegasMerc

NewVegasMerc

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 3:18 pm

Really looking forward to this. I never finished DUST but now I need to in order to prep myself for this mod. And I also have to look forward to Project brazil and the frontier...My social life is ruined. XD

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 8:15 pm

Oh man I am so excited that everyone is excited. This whole project is going great, we are on schedule, and the team's have been a dream to work with. I'm going to try and respond to as many people as I can.

@Torki I am also, but I understand why we aren't going with it: Dust and Frost have storytelling very similar to dark souls, which Naugrim cited as inspiration for the narrative. At some point we don't want the conversations to feel "gimmicky". However I am going to release my own .esp for the mod adding all these conversations in. I also plan on making a GUN specific release including GUN amours where I think they belong (Retextured Metro amours on the metro settlement guards, SAS operators wearing actual SAS gear, etc) Frost is heavily inspired by three different things: Dark Souls, Metro, and Honest Hearts. You'll really see what I mean on release.

@ZombieRedneck I agree 100%. I do the same thing. I can confirm that immigrant characters are part of what makes Frost a diverse world to explore. Without revealing too much I can confirm that there will be a lot of new lore on Europe, including Ireland and Britain. Considering your character was alive before the bombs fell, you can play as an Irish immigrant or just some poor bloke who was visiting family and got stranded when the bombs fell. There is a British character that comments on the environmental differences between the british and irish isles and america.

@JoJoman45 No time like the present. All the things people loved in DUST are expanded in FROST, with more people on the team and higher production value, FROST is vastly different from DUST, while also clearly the same idea.

I will keep this thread Updated with all news and updates we release. And do NOT be afraid to ask questions. Very Happy

Edit: The Ghost of the Reginment trailer.

Last edited by Doggo on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJHughes

JJHughes

Character sheet
Name: John
Faction: Lone Wolf
Level: Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 5:57 pm

looks like I should get a reshade ready Smile I already have an Idea for this, since the regiment trailer has a grayish hue and looks almost bleached out due to the weather, I'm thinking a bubblegum blue/pink sepia with navy mid tones (basically it would just be an adaption of what I am working on now with major differences in hdr)
Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 6:22 pm

@JJHughes I like what you're thinking mate. The mod itself will have it's own weather presets that come with it, but any fan reshades or ENB's are totally 100% appreciated. There actually was an ENB made by a fan of the DUST, here's Tru3th's video showcase of it and DUST:

Also if you want more screenshots and info on the mod you can go to our subreddit: reddit.com/r/fodust

Last edited by Doggo on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wealthywyatt

wealthywyatt

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 7:05 pm

Ever since the release of dust fallout has never been the same to me. I couldn't live without it. When my game would crash I'd uninstall everyother mod except dust. So Thank-you and I'm really looking forward to this.

JJHughes

Character sheet
Name: John
Faction: Lone Wolf
Level: Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 7:50 pm

@Doggo
thanks Unfortunately, I haven't got a fallout 4 to test on yet since I am still installing it, luckily I have fallout NV and some drag body armors. Since darkness seems to be an important part of your mod, It stands to reason I should ensure this reshade at least darkens the screen, though it's far from finished, I hope these (for some reason) low res pictures show you what I am going for.

Disclaimer- not fallout 4:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next