Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
commonwealth upgrades vault riot NPCs dead hunk Mask money ghoul mandalorian Ryse Superpele FCOM khan marvel boom space Call body boomers machine Reforged wolfenstein daryl Gear
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 3:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which mod did you like more?
DUST
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] I_vote_lcap73%What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] I_vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
FROST
What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] I_vote_lcap27%What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Empty
PostSubject: What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]   What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 6:23 am

The question is simple I suppose. What does GUN think about Naugrim's FROST mod? What about his DUST mod?

I have been watching some playthroughs on YouTube and its hard to tell if its really fun or pull-you-hair-out rage inducing. It is clear from the updates that Naugrim wants his mod to be hard. But at times it seems broken. How does it compare to DUST? I loved DUST personally. I found the lore, story, locations, enemies and locations to be creepy, harsh, terrifying and most importantly fun! For those who have played both, how does the balancing, lore, story and difficulty compare (obviously they are different games but still) to each other.

I am currently looking for a reason to get back into Fallout 4 after the disappointment of Nuka World. I have not touched in since I left for college and training and I would like to maybe play some before I go back. If anyone is wondering who's playthrouhs I have watched, it was KottaboseGames and Alchestbreach.

tl;dr Why do you love or hate FROST and how does it compare to DUST?

Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]   What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 6:34 am

I voted for DUST because I have not yet played FROST as I don't play Fallout 4 too often anymore. My opinion may change if I play it of course, but for now I'm voting for DUST.

Also, does FROST really tie into the story? I know DUST is the aftermath of the Elijah ending in Dead Money but I can't really think of anything in Fallout 4's story like that.
Back to top Go down
mpaz96

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]   What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 am

Both are incredible but I like DUST more for two reasons. One is that DUST, unlike FROST, is already finished and has every DLC implemented into the DUST lore. And second is that in DUST you have a purpose that is escaping the mojave while in FROST there is some sort of "quest" I never got why would the main character go through all that when he didn't need to.

Overall, even though I like DUST better I would still recommend FROST very much!!!

@Corvo I mean, I guess it does relate to the Fallout 4 lore, at least regarding the railroad.

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]   What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 12:56 am

@Corvo
Slight Spoilers Beyond This Point:

@mpaz96 Overall I agree that DUST felt like it had more of a purpose of escape, and not a note quest/blind scavenger hunt for notes. I forgot to mention and you most likely know as well that FROST is still in development so we might see more refined story and better polished balancing.

Back to top Go down
Linteater

Linteater

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]   What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 am

I didn't vote for either, because I haven't played Dust so I cannot compare the experiences. From playing Frost, I do feel it has loads of potential IF it is developed more and expanded on the post-bombing environment. As it is now, it's a fun experience to play through a few times, but feels more like a baseline or framework for something greater. Coming from survival mode in FO4, I enjoyed the difficulty, although it is a rather large jump up from vanilla survival. Ratcheting up the hardness does change the gameplay, as players that tend to be more patient and sneaky will live alot longer than those who charge in. I am excited to see where this mod is going to go, and cannot wait to see more features and content.

If you are looking at Frost as a reason to get back into Fallout 4, I would err on the side of caution and not recommend it. As I have stated previously, it is extremely challenging and can be frustrating. It also needs more development to be a more worthwhile mod, as there isn't alot of meat and bones to it yet other than "survive". It is a different experience, but if you are simply looking at a survival overhaul, I would point you towards the Horizon mod instead, but both are definitely worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Chromesthesia

Chromesthesia

PostSubject: Re: What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]   What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 3:00 pm

I loved Dust, really gave life to New Vegas after I got bored of it. Frost is no exception its just like already stated it doesn't really give you a purpose.

Dust was escape. You had an end goal to reach, but survive in Frosts terms? I didn't really see that as a perfect end goal because you'd never really reach the 'end' of surviving if you get me.
Back to top Go down
TitanTheDirewolf

TitanTheDirewolf

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]   What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm not going to go too indepth on this one, as I feel like I'd just be repeating the points others have already made but, as a player of both my favourite is DUST, mainly due to the whole aspect of it, the purpose, and that was what really gave DUST its flavour.

xxitsapotatoxx

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: NCR
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]   What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 3:10 am

stoobygacks wrote:
The question is simple I suppose. What does GUN think about Naugrim's FROST mod? What about his DUST mod?

I have been watching some playthroughs on YouTube and its hard to tell if its really fun or pull-you-hair-out rage inducing. It is clear from the updates that Naugrim wants his mod to be hard. But at times it seems broken. How does it compare to DUST? I loved DUST personally. I found the lore, story, locations, enemies and locations to be creepy, harsh, terrifying and most importantly fun! For those who have played both, how does the balancing, lore, story and difficulty compare (obviously they are different games but still) to each other.

I am currently looking for a reason to get back into Fallout 4 after the disappointment of Nuka World. I have not touched in since I left for college and training and I would like to maybe play some before I go back. If anyone is wondering who's playthrouhs I have watched, it was KottaboseGames and Alchestbreach.

tl;dr Why do you love or hate FROST and how does it compare to DUST?

I loved Dust and I really is a good Explanation on what would happen if the tunnelers came to the Mojave

PostSubject: Re: What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]   What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!] Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the GUN's opinion on FROST? [Poll included!]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1