Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
riot hunk marvel Gear commonwealth boom machine khan dead NPCs money mandalorian Call Mask vault Ryse ghoul daryl Superpele body Overhaul wolfenstein gauss Reforged power boomers
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Empty
PostSubject: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:07 am

On my play throughs it always bugged me Bethsda did not give the option when reuniting with your dad during your long discussion about why you are not in the vault anymore. That you can't tell him how The Over Seer killed Jonas and was going to kill you too. When you run into him he's like I left you safe in the vault! Why are you here? I so badly want to say really dad? You left the Vault and the over seer was going to kill me! Oh and by the way they killed Jonas. What do you think dad! Skeptic

Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?
Back to top Go down
TixIssence56

TixIssence56

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:53 am

Now that you mention it. WHY Bethesda!

But Maybe, JUST maybe, the Lone Wanderer didn't want to let Dad know since Dad would be blaming himself for the chaos. The toll could be too much for Dad.

Plus, I thought Dad knew already what would happen? (The Holotape he left with Jonas).

Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 1:02 pm

Precisely! Why did they decide to not include that dialogue. It always bothered me that he would question why I left the vault and berate me for it.  Big Slap

TixIssence56 wrote:

But Maybe, JUST maybe, the Lone Wanderer didn't want to let Dad know since Dad would be blaming himself for the chaos. The toll could be too much for Dad.

Plus, I thought Dad knew already what would happen? (The Holotape he left with Jonas).

That's plausible but keep in mind we were capable of making sociopathic comments while growing up in the vault. Then again if Dad already knew what would happen, why would he expose the Lone Wanderer to danger in the vault when he went there for safety in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Brigand231

Brigand231

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 2:19 pm

I'm with you. Granted not all kids want to tell their parents everything, but what the player was... I guess "allowed is sort of close to the right word... what the player was allowed to tell their dad was insanely limited.

My first time playing the game I had visited Oasis before finding James; you would think he'd be interested in knowing about that place too, but we're kind of forced to keep it a secret from him. Likewise, you are prevented from saying things like "Oh yeah, I've met Doctor Li at Rivet City, she's a real bitch. She helped me being born? Well I guess it's just as well I didn't shoot her in the face then."

I know they can't make dialog for every conceivable conversation we might want, but the fact that we're having this dicussion...

TixIssence56

TixIssence56

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Limitlessness wrote:
Precisely! Why did they decide to not include that dialogue. It always bothered me that he would question why I left the vault and berate me for it.  Big Slap

TixIssence56 wrote:

That's plausible but keep in mind we were capable of making sociopathic comments while growing up in the vault. Then again if Dad already knew what would happen, why would he expose the Lone Wanderer to danger in the vault when he went there for safety in the first place?

Yes, but I don't remember having bad dialogue (I mean, we got like spoiled brat dialogue when we were 10, but thats it I think) with Dad. So it just means that the Lone Wanderer respects Dad and doesn't want to worry him.
Back to top Go down
blaze1514

blaze1514

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 3:13 pm

TixIssence56 wrote:
Limitlessness wrote:

TixIssence56 wrote:

Yes, but I don't remember having bad dialogue (I mean, we got like spoiled brat dialogue when we were 10, but thats it I think) with Dad. So it just means that the Lone Wanderer respects Dad and doesn't want to worry him.

Realisticly, it just means that there was only so much they could do. I mean yes having a conversation with Leim on everything that had happened would have been nice, but no one has time to voice all that.

Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 4:38 pm

TixIssence56 wrote:

Fair enough, you make a good point. Also the whole purification quest line would not progress properly if the Lone Wanderer acts like a condescending moron to his father. The father would either lose hope or get someone else to help him.

blaze1514 wrote:
Realisticly, it just means that there was only so much they could do. I mean yes having a conversation with Leim on everything that had happened would have been nice, but no one has time to voice all that.

I agree, The game was already ambitious and adding such menial dialogue would be pointless when it can slow down the quest line. Its nice to speculate about the possibilities of what could happen. Still, it would add an interesting dynamic.
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 6:44 pm

Great points made by everyone. I don't think they needed to add hours of conversation or crush your fathers hopes and dreams. But he obviously catches up on your adventures and comments about your actions to you. Perhaps they could have added a few more lines for closure. You have the option of saying F you dad at one point.
I don't know just felt rushed but I guess as pointed out you can roll play as not wanting to worry him.
Still bugs me though.

Brigand231

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 7:32 pm

If they went to the trouble of having Three Dog comment on all the quests AND karma levels, why the blazes can't they add in dialog for James for the same things?

Limitlessness

Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 8:27 pm

Brigand231 wrote:
If they went to the trouble of having Three Dog comment on all the quests AND karma levels, why the blazes can't they add in dialog for James for the same things?

True. If I remember correctly James also comments on whether or not you disarmed or blew up Megaton. So why on earth would they exclude comments on any other events. They added dialogue for one of them so why not for the others? Considering how short that dialogue was it would have made sense to at least mention the Lone Wanderers antics across the wasteland. Even if the extra dialogue didn't change the story, it still would have been nice to have it included.
Back to top Go down
BillyJohn

BillyJohn

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:46 am

I've never thought of that actually. It does seem a little silly to leave one of the whole reasons you left out. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?   Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why can't you tell your dad what happend in 101?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1