Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Reducing Lever Action Rifles' Rate of Fire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dmitri2033

PostSubject: Reducing Lever Action Rifles' Rate of Fire   Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:00 pm

Hey guys! So I made a lever-action rifle in the style of Killing Floor's, i.e. I just changed a buncha stats and used the cowboy repeater modded with the long tube's model. However, I can't get the ROF down a lot. I've set it to 0.3 in GECK, and my character's agility is about 8 or 9, so it still fires pretty damn fast. But it also fired pretty quickly when the ROF was set to 0.5 and I lowered my agility to 4. I'm assuming it has something to do with the animation for cocking, as the reload speed decreased to less hectic levels at 4 agility.

Any recommendations/ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tesvixen

PostSubject: Re: Reducing Lever Action Rifles' Rate of Fire   Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Try editing the Multiplier/Attack Multiplier. That's the best way to manage the attack speed of semi-automatic weapons. You can also increase the Semi-automatic Fire Delay max timer, but M/AM would be the best option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
CrimsonPhoenix7

PostSubject: Re: Reducing Lever Action Rifles' Rate of Fire   Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:14 pm

@Tesvixen wrote:
Try editing the Multiplier/Attack Multiplier.  That's the best way to manage the attack speed of semi-automatic weapons.  You can also increase the Semi-automatic Fire Delay max timer, but M/AM would be the best option.

To elaborate a little bit, you can also use this functionality to adjust the reload time as well:

-Attack Multiplier only affects ROF (increase to speed up ROF, reduce to slow down)
-Multiplier affects ROF/Reload/Jam times (increase to speed up ROF, make reload/jam longer)

Screenshot example below (you'll need to expand it to see it all):

PostSubject: Re: Reducing Lever Action Rifles' Rate of Fire   Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Hmm... So my best bet would be to reduce the attack multiplier then, and mebbe screw around with the delay times.

Alright, thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reducing Lever Action Rifles' Rate of Fire   Today at 6:10 am

Back to top Go down

Reducing Lever Action Rifles' Rate of Fire

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1