Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault riot gauss dead money marvel commonwealth NPCs khan power boom ghoul Mask machine Gear Reforged hunk wolfenstein Overhaul Ryse Call boomers daryl body mandalorian Superpele
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 10:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:06 am

» The Next fallout
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» Late Introduction
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:29 am

» Greetings!
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:55 pm

Inquisition was definitely great in that regard. It has around 80,000 lines of dialogue, and it shows!
Back to top Go down
tonyman210

tonyman210

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 2:34 am

I would prefer the speech mechanic from Fallout 3 because it is never a guaranteed success. In New Vegas, I would just upgrade speech and just convince everyone to do it for me which isn't fun at all.
Back to top Go down
Manan

Manan

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 10:19 am

I'm going to side with the New Vegas system - the percentage system promotes save scumming better than it keeps immersion, if you ask me. Saying something smart/convincing is a rather silly thing to have be weighed upon chance; otherwise, what's the point of upgrading it if it can still fail you when you've got a tongue of the purest silver in the wasteland? I think a better approach to get people off guard with skill checks would be using a greater variety, so people could use speech then drive their point home with facts you learn from another skill to back it up. I mean, what's the good of pointing out you know somebody's on drugs if you can't do it convincingly, etc.

Building on that, I think there ought to be more things you can be checked on, like DT or the armor/weapon you're using. Rather than always having flat out intimidation, you could remind who you're talking to what you have to back it up, perhaps requiring more power to back up your statements with lower speech. Then, you could finally go to a place like Little Lamplight and invite Macready to actually go ahead and shoot you like he threatens to and see what he thought he could do to Tesla Armor with an assault rifle - that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Cook-Cook

Cook-Cook

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 7:30 pm

One that doesn't let you skip epic fights
Back to top Go down
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 1:34 pm

I think it would be pretty cool if they used both the speech mechanics from fallout 3 and new vegas but mainly use the percentage mechanic, an example would be that the speech check is the percentage style of fallout 3 but whether you pass or fail the speech check you get a different result depending on how many points in your speech skill.
Back to top Go down
Nem

Nem

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 7:33 pm

I wish they would hijack BioWare's dialogue options. Just imagine the posibilities with voiceover mods for FO4.
Back to top Go down
dtobviousmcduh

dtobviousmcduh

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 8:18 pm

As a die hard New Vegas fan and fanatic for immersion, i rather the silent character with New Vegas speech mechanic. If you are not a carismatic character, you don't level speech or barter, otherwise, you do. So i think this should be more applied, like, you are a Old Hermit or a Misanthrope(if i recall correctly) you have lines with way less words, as you are a man who doesn't talk much, but still have a option to persuade using a skill where you are good, like intelligence, perception or strenght, etc. It is already is on New Vegas, can't recall if F3 is like this, but for F4 it should have more depth, giving you less or ever more options depending on your Charisma, rather than speech it self, because you can put charisma 1 and level your character puting points on speech, so it doesn't make much sense. Try in real life see a dude that doesn't talk much try to persuade someone using his "charisma", it doesn't happen.

And as for the voiced character, i liked voiced characters in games that the personality is already made. Because in games like TES, Fallout it's better not having a voice, 'cause when you read the sentence of your choice in a conversation, you are already being the character, and the voice you have in your head, or even if you read out loud, you are already giving your character voice. That is why it works in games like Mass effect, the witcher and stuff, they already have a personality, the only thing you do is choosing which way the wind is gonna blow.

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2