Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead ghoul power khan marvel Call Ryse riot boomers wolfenstein commonwealth mandalorian vault NPCs daryl machine Overhaul boom Reforged money hunk Superpele gauss Mask Gear body
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby professorlicme8 Today at 5:32 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby Xehonort Yesterday at 7:33 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 11:20 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby Elean April 30th 2024, 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby SilverInc April 28th 2024, 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby monke gaming April 27th 2024, 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby Athallah Akbar April 25th 2024, 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby Nicward April 20th 2024, 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby Apoc April 17th 2024, 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby Meno April 16th 2024, 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby HardComma April 11th 2024, 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby noacctname1 April 10th 2024, 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby BellToadTall April 3rd 2024, 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby BellToadTall April 3rd 2024, 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby BellToadTall April 3rd 2024, 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby CosmoMods April 2nd 2024, 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby Evmeister March 31st 2024, 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby Lupinboi March 27th 2024, 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl March 20th 2024, 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Possible locations for next Fallout game Emptyby john96 March 20th 2024, 9:14 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Possible locations for next Fallout game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scubajones

Scubajones

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 19th 2021, 5:24 am

So I have been thinking a lot lately about where a cool setting for a Fallout game would be and I think Texas would be awesome. Hear me out, it has the same aesthetic as New Vegas but more potential for fallout 3-esque downtown areas. You could put it smack down between Austin, Houston and San Antonio and have 3 large metropolitan areas. Plus the new kind of lore that could be created is limitless. Instead of factions we have seen over and over again we could see something akin to Texas Rangers as sort of a militia like the Desert Rangers were. Also Texas has really diverse cultural roots so you can have Texan culture and Mexican Culture shown in the game and reflected in the various factions. How cool would it be to have raider gangs that look like cattle rustlers or banditos?? And think of the DLC possibilities like going to Mexico. Idk we have had the east and west coast properly shown in the fallout universe I think its time we see a new area of the USA.

But what would you like to see as a future location for Fallout?
Gunslinger
Back to top Go down
Yokidahai

Yokidahai

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 20th 2021, 12:06 am

I'd like to see it take place somewhere in the South, such as the Bayou. So somewhere like Louisiana, or even a fully fledged game based in Florida. There's so much potential to explore in the swamp creatures, not to mention areas like New Orleans. Or they could also go for something cold, like Montana, or up north in general, like North Dakota. It'd be nice to see some snow, pines, etc.

Weirdly enough, I'd also like to see places like Idaho, while yes, it'd be flat as hell everywhere, it's an interesting concept for a Fallout game.

Scubajones

Scubajones

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 20th 2021, 5:32 am

Yokidahai wrote:
I'd like to see it take place somewhere in the South, such as the Bayou. So somewhere like Louisiana, or even a fully fledged game based in Florida. There's so much potential to explore in the swamp creatures, not to mention areas like New Orleans. Or they could also go for something cold, like Montana, or up north in general, like North Dakota. It'd be nice to see some snow, pines, etc.

Weirdly enough, I'd also like to see places like Idaho, while yes, it'd be flat as hell everywhere, it's an interesting concept for a Fallout game.

Actually Louisiana was my second choice! It would be a really awesome setting, like an expanded point lookout. Plus it would be believable that there would be steam boats or something like the boat on point lookout used all throughout the canals of Louisiana. And New Orleans would be freakin sick to see in a fallout setting. Voodoo with a side of irradiated crawfish gumbo sign me up

Lol Idaho would be pretty interesting too. I feel the Legion remnants would make an appearance since they conquered Utah. Honestly, I would be down for a spinoff game like Tactics again where you go to various places in the wasteland. I just wanna know how the rest of the world is doing already
Back to top Go down
Yokidahai

Yokidahai

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 21st 2021, 3:26 am

Scubajones wrote:
Yokidahai wrote:

Actually Louisiana was my second choice! It would be a really awesome setting, like an expanded point lookout. Plus it would be believable that there would be steam boats or something like the boat on point lookout used all throughout the canals of Louisiana. And New Orleans would be freakin sick to see in a fallout setting. Voodoo with a side of irradiated crawfish gumbo sign me up

Lol Idaho would be pretty interesting too. I feel the Legion remnants would make an appearance since they conquered Utah. Honestly, I would be down for a spinoff game like Tactics again where you go to various places in the wasteland. I just wanna know how the rest of the world is doing already
Utah would be a great choice, ngl. Although I feel like they could also explore places outside of the mainland US, like the Caribbean.

But I'd say my hands down preference would either be the deep South, or the snowy North! Smile Never really see snow in fallout games.

ilovebees.com

ilovebees.com

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 25th 2021, 6:43 am

I personally think that it would be really interesting to have a Fallout set in Louisiana or another southern U.S. state. I think that the creatures and cultures of that area would allow for a lot of creativity and interesting beasts and factions to be created. Gators, snakes, and all kinds of insects and critters can be found in the swamps. They just need to be given a little mutation and you have a whole host of freaky new enemies. I also think that the swamp atmosphere could add a creepy, dangerous atmosphere, especially during the night.

Louisiana also has voodoo religions which could serve as the inspiration for an interesting faction, perhaps somewhat similar to the tribals from the Honest Hearts DLC, or even maybe the Night Folk from Red Dead Redemption 2.
Back to top Go down
gibons45

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 26th 2021, 9:24 am

Florida hands down!
It would be awesome to see what happened to Florida in the fallout world... Assuming Bethesda doesn't turn it into a flaming trash heap like 76.

RosenElytra

RosenElytra

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 26th 2021, 6:06 pm

I'd love to see the next Fallout take place in the western US again, obviously it's a well they've dipped into before but who knows, could be cool to see how San Francisco has changed and if the Shi are still holding it from the NCR.

The PNW could be cool too, the Puget Sound and Vancouver Island area.
Back to top Go down
BloodySister69

BloodySister69

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 26th 2021, 8:01 pm

gibons45 wrote:
Florida hands down!
It would be awesome to see what happened to Florida in the fallout world... Assuming Bethesda doesn't turn it into a flaming trash heap like 76.
It's called ash heap not trash heap and it makes a lot of sense lorewise since it was used for mining and literally set on fire to harvest and filter minerals out of the toxic smoke.
The mire area can also give you a good idea what Florida's swamps could look like.
You can keep piling on your baseless pathetic insults to this game and embarrass yourself, fine by me.

The next Fallout wherever it may take place should just have a well designed world with different areas that challenge the player in different ways, add to the worlds lore and change up enemies and visuals enough to not get boring too quickly. Maybe have some iconic locations that have changed substantially throughout the post-apocalypse. I could totally see Texas or Florida there.

shocktrooper666

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 28th 2021, 5:33 pm

Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
ilovebees.com

ilovebees.com

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 28th 2021, 9:37 pm

shocktrooper666 wrote:
Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.

I agree, it would be amazing to see what the "original vision" for Fallout 3 would play like, especially with modern visuals and gameplay. Would also be cool to see a pre-Legion Joshua Graham since he was originally intended to be a companion in Van Buren, if my memory serves me correctly.
Back to top Go down
Scubajones

Scubajones

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 29th 2021, 12:14 am

shocktrooper666 wrote:
Yeah that probably won't ever happen unfortunately. BUT hopefully future fallout games will use some cool aspects from Van Buren. I really want to see a good implementation of the New Plague from Van Buren because it pretty much works like the Genophage from Mass Effect. I bet some pretty cool story elements would come from that

shocktrooper666

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 29th 2021, 2:08 am

ilovebees.com wrote:
shocktrooper666 wrote:

I agree, it would be amazing to see what the "original vision" for Fallout 3 would play like, especially with modern visuals and gameplay. Would also be cool to see a pre-Legion Joshua Graham since he was originally intended to be a companion in Van Buren, if my memory serves me correctly.
We'd meet a post legion newly burned Graham who's very pissed off and is the same as the pariah dog in stats and effects aka he'd be a risk vs reward companion BUT as the good lord knows we cant expect god to do all the work "Pulls back 45.Auto"
Scubajones wrote:
shocktrooper666 wrote:
Yeah that probably won't ever happen unfortunately. BUT hopefully future fallout games will use some cool aspects from Van Buren. I really want to see a good implementation of the New Plague from Van Buren because it pretty much works like the Genophage from Mass Effect. I bet some pretty cool story elements would come from that
Yeah i know it's a pipedream at best but i agree there is a lot that can be done with the new plague but i doubt we'd see it in much then a nod sense Bethesda really are not the best at story crafting. Although i know it's doubtful to happen

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
ilovebees.com

ilovebees.com

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 29th 2021, 3:17 am

shocktrooper666 wrote:
ilovebees.com wrote:
shocktrooper666 wrote:

We'd meet a post legion newly burned Graham who's very pissed off and is the same as the pariah dog in stats and effects aka he'd be a risk vs reward companion BUT as the good lord knows we cant expect god to do all the work "Pulls back 45.Auto"
Scubajones wrote:
shocktrooper666 wrote:
Yeah i know it's a pipedream at best but i agree there is a lot that can be done with the new plague but i doubt we'd see it in much then a nod sense Bethesda really are not the best at story crafting. Although i know it's doubtful to happen

The original intention for Van Buren was for you to find him hanging by the neck, but still alive. If you cut him down, he would tag along with you. He was statistically the best companion in the game, but incredibly evil, so he would have put you into a lot of difficult situations that would require a very high speech skill to negotiate out of. There's a whole section on his Van Buren character on his Wiki page. It's worth a look. I'd post a link but I'm a new member so I can't yet. He essentially was a walking "risk vs. reward" companion for you.
Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 29th 2021, 8:12 am

ilovebees.com wrote:
shocktrooper666 wrote:
ilovebees.com wrote:
shocktrooper666 wrote:

Scubajones wrote:
shocktrooper666 wrote:

The original intention for Van Buren was for you to find him hanging by the neck, but still alive. If you cut him down, he would tag along with you. He was statistically the best companion in the game, but incredibly evil, so he would have put you into a lot of difficult situations that would require a very high speech skill to negotiate out of. There's a whole section on his Van Buren character on his Wiki page. It's worth a look. I'd post a link but I'm a new member so I can't yet. He essentially was a walking "risk vs. reward" companion for you.
I know in fact it sounds just like the Retcon raider playlist i listened to about Van Buren back in the day

Back to top Go down
ar380

ar380

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyJune 30th 2021, 6:41 pm

I would like one set in Africa it would be cool to see mutated lions and such.
Back to top Go down
Ekronsus

Ekronsus

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyAugust 5th 2021, 1:11 am

There are a handful of locations I think it would be fun to explore. The thing I really like about 76's concept is that it takes place in Appalachia (where I'm from), and it's really an overlooked area in a lot of media imo. My only issue is that I would really prefer an actual offline option to go around and explore.

Other than that, I think it would be really interesting to see somewhere like the pacific northwest/Canada. There are a lot of interesting things they could do, especially with the animals (Radmoose!). Or they could do an even more in-depth exploration of Alaska 200+ years after the war or even during (more so than just a military simulation in a DLC).

Fallout: London looks really promising, especially because it takes place outside of the US in an area we haven't really seen much on. I think the most interesting thing they could do would be to have one set in China, though I'm not sure how that story would work.
Back to top Go down
Player147proman

Player147proman

Character sheet
Name: A Literal God
Faction: Meme Page Admins
Level: 9000

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyAugust 5th 2021, 1:53 am

I think it would be interesting to have a fallout set around the Chicago area of Illinois. Would be interesting to revisit the concept of exploring the mid western part of America again.

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyAugust 5th 2021, 4:51 pm

Idk man but Texas sure does sound like a good place too. Radbulls, lots and lots of guns and flat lands, there's the city of Houston that could be a good playground for raiders. Lastly there's the Bragg Road that could feature the ghost light which could be a tie-in for more mystery stuff in the fallout universe. There could even be a vault filled with just cows hooked up to a VR headset to study if cow logic could be a viable source of survival technique in the post-nuclear wasteland.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
someguynamedrob

someguynamedrob

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptySeptember 30th 2021, 2:52 pm

I think for me there "where" is less important than the "what" and "when" the game is set. Going further out from the 210 years of Fallout 4 and still seeing the same crapsack environment where no one has made any attempts to clear the streets of rubble and garbage, and then finding out that it's because of yet another hitherto unknown FEV lab creating a band of Bloodthirsty Super Mutants(TM) bores me to tears.

The "what"

I wish they had saved Far Harbor as something they could have turned into a fully fleshed out game. I thought that expansion showed a lot of creativity in terms of a Fallout setting. Instead of being the last hope for all mankind, you effectively become a bounty hunter looking to rescue someone's child, and get caught up a bunch of local politics that really only have an effect for that one region. No world altering consequences. No inadvertently foiling the plans of would be conquerors.

I'd like to see a new Fallout (insert city here, because adding more numbers starts to make it look like a sequel in a porn series) be something new(er). Put the radscorpions and Super Mutants and BoS iconography away for a while and get creative with your creature designs (stopping short of adding a dragon like the Scorchbeast in FO76) and factions. Focus the story and questing on something local. Don't make the player character the Savior of all Mankind.

And make it single player that can be played offline.

The "when"

For the timeline, make it between 50-100 years of the war. Hell, make it even sooner (within 10 years), but have the game world depict what the world would look like with forests burned down or some areas still on fire or glowing piles of ash and embers. Put it right near the border of "Apocalypse" and "post-Apocalypse" where people would be at their most frantic, vulnerable, and equally likely to try and form a settlement with others as much as form/join up with a band of raiders as a means of survival. Also, it lets you keep the rubble filled streets if the art director can't be bothered to figure out a way to add visual interest.

If you can't come up with compelling quests in this type of setting beyond "another settlement needs our help" in this type of setting, then the franchise is dead.

The "where"

Post-war Alaska or Canada would be a fun setting. The former showing the continued aftermath of the last great battleground before the bombs dropped, the latter with potential for trying to regain independence from annexation. Both also have potential for interesting creatures, varied environments, and weather.

Chicago would be an interesting location, with a strong central urban area. How would a post-nuclear Chicagoland shape up? There would no doubt be plenty of vaults in the area.

What was life like in Montana or Wyoming after the bombs dropped? Or what was it like pre-Caesar's legion in the areas to the east of the Colorado river?

For fan service, how about setting up a Fallout in San Diego, where you could bring back a pre-FEV Harold as a caravan master, and find a way to squeeze in Raul from NV during his wandering phase? Sure, you'd need to play the lore a little loosely, but this is Fallout, and consistency in lore has always taken a back seat to the rule of cool. In theory anyway.
Back to top Go down
Litmus

Litmus

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptySeptember 30th 2021, 4:01 pm

I think it would be good to have a fallout game set in the UK as you can mesh elements of the whole 40s, 50s and early 60s themes that fallout has, I'm thinking the Kray twins, Lonnie Donegan, meat pies and the The Shadows and you cant forget the smog. London would be good due to the great diversity of people and stories. It would fit in as another perspective on the the 50s coke pop Americana and sci fi themes of the original series. I know there is a mod for fallout 4 which looks promising but it would be nice to see an official game.

I would have also though Russia but I always just think of Stalker or Metro really TongueTril. China would be interesting especially if centred around the cultural revolution type themes, I think it would be very red Very Happy. the good thing about setting the game in another country is that you could start from 2161 the same year as the vault dweller was around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible locations for next Fallout game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next