Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead hunk riot gauss boomers khan mandalorian ghoul marvel Call Ryse daryl commonwealth Mask vault NPCs boom machine Reforged Overhaul Superpele wolfenstein power body money Gear
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby professorlicme8 Today at 4:32 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby Xehonort Yesterday at 6:33 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 10:20 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Thoughts on Fallout: New California?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainGoose_10

CaptainGoose_10

Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 2:37 am

I personally never finished the mod, but I played roughly five hours before I started running into performance issues and boredom. However, I'd like to hear about what you guys have to say about it. I'd give it a solid 8/10 just for the map and characters (voice acting, design, etc.) alone.
Back to top Go down
Scubajones

Scubajones

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 10:19 pm

Actually I thought it was pretty solid. As far as mods go the voice acting was awesome and some of the characters were interesting. But I really thought the twist towards the ending was a little to much and kinda lame. But to anyone wondering to try it I say definitely give it a go at least once
Back to top Go down
Yokidahai

Yokidahai

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 11:02 pm

I've tried it. I definitely think that it's worth trying for the effort that went into it alone. Especially if your game can look like the preview shots. Like the person above said, the ending is a bit on the cheese, but honestly the rest of it is worth it.

That being said, the whole installation process to get it to run is painful, so if you do decide to try it, good luck!

Tastys

Tastys

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 5:18 pm

I think it's good but I would rather have TTW installed. I know there is a compatibility patch but it just seems like it would cause alot of issues. I also don't like how you can't return to California after the ending.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Wolery

Charlotte Wolery

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 11:18 am

It utterly sucks because it's SO close to greatness. The Vault should NOT be doomed necessarily, the Braggs should NOT be such utterly repellant fucknuggets. It's a story that's made very very stupid by a lot of "But thou must" and "But I must go now" BS it drove me FUCKING CRAZY. The Tribal backstories are so pathetically stupid. HUMANS DON"T ACT LIKE THAT. And the Devs are some of the most easily triggered SJWs I've ever had the displeasure of encountering and I can tolerate the guys at the Frontier. But the middle part is a lot of fun, the Valley is well designed except the City which needs to be a lot more pristine and rebuilt.
Back to top Go down
themaster96

themaster96

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:55 pm

It's a good experience, if they had more talent working with them, perhaps it would have been better, I would advise you to go check it out for yourself, for me, it was worth a first playthrough, a second though? I'm not sure, perhaps with the "overhaul" mods installed it would be nice.

Where it really shines ,in my opinion, is side content. there's a lot o interesting side content, I specially like the jewel box puzzles and the humor in some parts reminds you of OG Fallout. The main quest is the problem, the premisse is nice, they could have made something great, but the lack of talent + the internal collapse of the team forced them to cut corners and the result is clearly shown in the mod.
Back to top Go down
anstand

anstand

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 10:23 pm

It's fine, but it's only really nice for one playthrough. And that is something that I am not looking for when playing RPG's.
Back to top Go down
ShortwaveRabbit

ShortwaveRabbit

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 12:13 am

Loved it, DETH981 was my shit 🤘 The passion that went into the mod shows.
Back to top Go down
Scrumpadooches

Scrumpadooches

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 8:32 pm

I played through one play through and almost finished a second. It’s got a lot of good ideas. I personally loved the vault coup and civil war. But after escaping the vault it just felt like my interest began to slowly decline. I enjoyed my first play through. As someone else had stated it’s good for about one play through in my own opinion. But others may enjoy some of the aspects that I did not.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2021 1:39 pm

A common opinion seems to be that the earlier you are in the game, the higher the quality. Even the walk through the dark, misty woods after the vault was moody.
But then at the bridge battle and then at the town, it starts to feel like I'm on an assembly line, being carried from massive battle to massive battle, rather than setting out from a safe place to various surrounding quests.
Back to top Go down
VaultDweller13

VaultDweller13

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 7:42 pm

I personally didn't like to start in a vault. I was a jerk to the vault doctor, so he refused to speak to me. But I had to talk to him to progress the main quest. Even using console commands didn't fix it. The introduction was long and linear.
Back to top Go down
AliciaClifton

AliciaClifton

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 9:20 am

I recently played through it.  Personally, I enjoyed it immensely in spite of some of the valid critiques.  It felt a bit unfinished/rushed towards the end, but I'd say that it was overall very good and definitely worth a playthrough.  I personally really enjoyed the vault at the beginning - it felt very day-in-the-life and grounded my character very well in the NC setting.  The storyline was fun, and most of the voice acting well done.  There were surprisingly few bugs for such a massive project.  I'd have liked a few more dialogue choices, but what is there is serviceable.  Overall, I highly recommend the mod.

(Addendum: I played with the 'Star The Wandering Courier' TTW compatibility patch, finished it, and am now three quarters through the DC Wasteland - no issues.)

And for anyone that needs one, Big-Hug

Vintage Mod Credits:
2009: (System Shock 2) Improved Model and revamp pack - authored under real name
2009: (System Shock 2) WWII Model pack - authored under real name
2008: (GTA San Andreas) Female CJ Mod - authored under username JC_COOP
1999-2001: (Half-Life 1) They Hunger Episodes 1, 2, and 3, as featured in PC Gamer magazine - dialogue writer, voice actor, and  head 3d model and texture artist
Pre 1999: (Duke Nukem 3d): Duke in Black (Men in black TC) and Star Trek 3d - credited as 'Wiket'
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 2:22 pm

Huh! I'd been hearing again and again and again that there were no good compatibility patches.
Back to top Go down
AliciaClifton

AliciaClifton

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 2:49 pm

My understanding is that the team lead for TTW very much dislikes the compatibility patch and considers it incompatible due to lore reasons (which Star the Wandering Courier attempts to address). Your mileage may vary, and certainly don't mention using the patch on the TTW forums. If you use it, make sure to put the patch near the bottom of your load order - TTW and California both make a lot of edits to the basic Dialogue GREETING and GOODBYE registries, so you want to be sure that none of that gets overwritten by another mod - the patch combines them all, so put the patch low in the load and you'll be okay.

Vintage Mod Credits:
2009: (System Shock 2) Improved Model and revamp pack - authored under real name
1999-2001: (Half-Life 1) They Hunger Episodes 1, 2, and 3, as featured in PC Gamer magazine - dialogue writer, voice actor, and  head 3d model and texture artist
Pre 1999: (Duke Nukem 3d): Duke in Black (Men in black TC) and Star Trek 3d - credited as 'Wiket'
Back to top Go down
YansterG

YansterG

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 3:34 am

New California comes through in allot of areas. The atmosphere makes it feal like the older fallouts, side quests were fun, multiple ways of playing (even the Enclave), and allows you to head into New Vegas with a pre established character that you have already used. Still I can understand people not liking the story as it trying to hard to be related to the original with
NC Spoiler:
I like it more just because it makes New Vegas almost like the last when it comes down the lines of the og Fallouts and their directions before Fallout 3 laid the groundwork, Fallout 4 really steered it with Bethesdas route, then 76 when full throttle and never looked back. Even though I played a Mob play through and Revanchist play through I can understand when people say that after the vault the story from there starts to get a bit wanky. At least for what we got it was fun for what it was, making me question what NC story could've influnced the actual story of the Frontier as the mod teams for both were close at one point; even trying to compleent the stories to great one massive modded story.
Back to top Go down
AliciaClifton

AliciaClifton

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 4:51 pm

@YansterG
Spoiler:

EDIT: For the record, I just got to Vegas to kill Benny in my TTW-FNC-Star-the-Wandering-Courier playthrough, so I'd say that the patch works great. One thing though, unless you like CTDs and running out of memory, I'd suggest ENBoost and properly editing your ENBlocal.ini file for you computer so that NV can use more ram. YMMV, but I'm using over 1000 mods of various sorts with a LOT of merged ESPs, so the extra memory was essential for me.

Vintage Mod Credits:
Back to top Go down
YansterG

YansterG

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 4:08 am

AliciaClifton wrote:
@YansterG
Spoiler:

EDIT: For the record, I just got to Vegas to kill Benny in my TTW-FNC-Star-the-Wandering-Courier playthrough, so I'd say that the patch works great.  One thing though, unless you like CTDs and running out of memory, I'd suggest ENBoost and properly editing your ENBlocal.ini file for you computer so that NV can use more ram.  YMMV, but I'm using over 1000 mods of various sorts with a LOT of merged ESPs, so the extra memory was essential for me.
Well I guess I am wrong on my part my bad, I thought I was an expert on the story. I must ask though is it worth it to do a TTW play through with NC? I know that a mod allows that but it seems from what you are saying NC with TTW really eats up your memory on your play through. I never was a big fan of fallout 3 and the only way I would play it is with TTW so I can still get some New Vegas. The thing is I got TTW Japanese dub idea from the youtubers Schizo Elijah and KnightRaven. Besides not hearing Liam Nesson as your Father F3, I wouldn't mind playing in a Japanese dub since I am a big anime nerd. My question is it worth it to break my future japanese dub playthrough since there is no NC Japanese dub for it?

Here are the videos I am talking about if any of you are anime fans
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
AliciaClifton

AliciaClifton

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 8:21 pm

I feel like it is super worth it. My machine is a beast though, and with ENBoost it isn't a problem (I've got it setup to just do the memory increase through ENB, but run ReShade for the actual graphics instead of an ENB via editing enblocal.ini and renaming the ReShade DLL). Keep in mind that my setup is NC/TTW/NV/Frontier plus a ton of additional stuff (Alton Il, Washington's Malevolence, Autumn Leaves, all of the Overseer's mods, New Vegas Bounties, etc). I hand patched them all to work together for my setup - getting the whole thing ready to play took a couple of weeks on and off.

All that said, I really doubt that you'd have any memory problems just from the New Cali + TTW. I've enjoyed the heck out of everything so far though, and personally I find it very worth it. Ties That Bind is a TTW companion mod I also recommend.

Vintage Mod Credits:
Back to top Go down
YansterG

YansterG

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 9:56 pm

AliciaClifton wrote:
I feel like it is super worth it.  My machine is a beast though, and with ENBoost it isn't a problem (I've got it setup to just do the memory increase through ENB, but run ReShade for the actual graphics instead of an ENB via editing enblocal.ini and renaming the ReShade DLL).  Keep in mind that my setup is NC/TTW/NV/Frontier plus a ton of additional stuff (Alton Il, Washington's Malevolence, Autumn Leaves, all of the Overseer's mods, New Vegas Bounties, etc).  I hand patched them all to work together for my setup - getting the whole thing ready to play took a couple of weeks on and off.

All that said, I really doubt that you'd have any memory problems just from the New Cali + TTW.  I've enjoyed the heck out of everything so far though, and personally I find it very worth it.  Ties That Bind is a TTW companion mod I also recommend.
Thanks I will keep that in mind when I do my own TTW playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fallout: New California?   Thoughts on Fallout: New California? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Fallout: New California?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1