Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault dead ghoul machine Reforged gauss wolfenstein Superpele power boomers khan Mask daryl body commonwealth money marvel hunk Ryse riot boom Call Overhaul mandalorian NPCs Gear
Latest topics
» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby Xehonort Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby snuffles Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:52 am

» Hey guys!!!
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
princevegeta2005

princevegeta2005

Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 4:27 am

What are your opinions on whether or not the Fallout 4: New Vegas mod should include base building/settlements. Would you want base building to be its own separate thing or would you like it to be integrated, such as having to defend novac or goodsprings from attacks
Back to top Go down
phatyoshi

phatyoshi

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 1:06 pm

I'd like it. I think it was one of the better features from 4 and I'd personally wanna use it in NV. I'm also a fan of the way it gives your player a base and home to work from, a designated area for crafting, storage, etc and appeals to builders. But I can also understand anyone who doesn't want it implemented because it might feel less of an authentic remake to them. As for placing them in actual settlements like Novac or Goodsprings, personally I wouldn't. I'd rather place them in miscellaneous locations like gas stations or small plots of land specifically made for them (that don't affect the worldspace). It just feels unnecessary to me to modify a large pre-existing location, like having a settlement in the middle of Diamond City market. But if it works, it works and I trust whatever they decide to do
Back to top Go down
frankhorigan2

frankhorigan2

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 1:25 pm

I think they should definitely add home decoration to the homes you get throughout the game like in novac and lucky 38 and maybe settlement building for those empty locations up north but as for actual settlements and towns , i really don't know , i think it would be best if it's added as a standalone plugin/mod for people who want it (to preserve the feel of og new vegas )
Back to top Go down
sweetpete

sweetpete

Character sheet
Name: Pete
Faction: Drew Crew
Level: 12

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 8:28 pm

phatyoshi wrote:
I'd like it. I think it was one of the better features from 4 and I'd personally wanna use it in NV. I'm also a fan of the way it gives your player a base and home to work from, a designated area for crafting, storage, etc and appeals to builders. But I can also understand anyone who doesn't want it implemented because it might feel less of an authentic remake to them. As for placing them in actual settlements like Novac or Goodsprings, personally I wouldn't. I'd rather place them in miscellaneous locations like gas stations or small plots of land specifically made for them (that don't affect the worldspace). It just feels unnecessary to me to modify a large pre-existing location, like having a settlement in the middle of Diamond City market. But if it works, it works and I trust whatever they decide to do

Yeah, I think this would be a lot of fun. It would be nice to see some of the places you fully clear out once become small settlements, like Bonnie Springs, Violet's trailer fort, the cazador-infested tribal village near Goodsprings.

If someone felt like doing a fair amount of engine and story work based off the Sim Settlements: Conqueror mod, I can see a lot of potential for independent-led or faction-led crusades throughout the wasteland where you start at one of the faction areas like Vault 3, NCRCF, Jacobstown, or Red Rock, and then swarm out to take over as much as the wasteland as you can.

I think settlements really fit the Commonwealth (which is full of a ton of small, independent groups/pairs/single people just trying to survive on their own who can be recruited fairly reasonably) better than the very established Mojave towns, factions, and populations, though it could work in a pre-First Battle of Hoover Dam, pre-Bitter Springs Massacre, or even pre-Three Tribes Vs. Khans sort of period in the Mojave where you could be the one who actually does the work of establishing how the factions came to be in 2281. I haven't played DUST yet but the a courierless, 20 years in the future vision of the Mojave with settlement building may be neat to do too.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptyWed May 26, 2021 4:24 pm

There are _numerous_ destroyed settlements in the Mojave. Rather than building new ones, it seems more logical to allow for the rebuilding of these places; Boulder, Bitter Springs (I think?), Nipton, and with some kind of anti-radiation cleanup, Searchlight. There might be others I'm forgetting, but hte Mojave is truly littered with recently wrecked settlements that could be repaired and likely have squatters more than ready to move back in.
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptyWed May 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Sirdanest wrote:
There are _numerous_ destroyed settlements in the Mojave.  Rather than building new ones, it seems more logical to allow for the rebuilding of these places; Boulder, Bitter Springs (I think?), Nipton, and with some kind of anti-radiation cleanup, Searchlight.  There might be others I'm forgetting, but hte Mojave is truly littered with recently wrecked settlements that could be repaired and likely have squatters more than ready to move back in.

There already are many mods that do this in case anyone didn't know.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40433
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40531
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56663

Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptyThu May 27, 2021 3:24 pm

Those are not really very much like fallout 4's settlement system, nor will those mods run on fallout 4's new vegas anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptyThu May 27, 2021 4:06 pm

Sirdanest wrote:
Those are not really very much like fallout 4's settlement system, nor will those mods run on fallout 4's new vegas anyway.  

My mistake. I misread the title of this topic.

I thought we were looking for "settlement" mods in FNV not FO4NV.

shartarus

shartarus

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptyThu May 27, 2021 4:18 pm

I think I've actually seen the F4NV team address this directly, might have been on their discord, but I don't remember exactly. They said that the mod will include the building system, but only in interior locations.

It will most likely just be the Lucky 38 Suite, but who knows, maybe they could include the many different faction safehouses or some other small interior cells, but I could see why they wouldn't want to as it could detract from their main goal of faithfully recreating New Vegas.

Best case scenario, I think they could add some new interiors, as they are expanding upon the original game world in some areas. Personally I'd love to see as many as possible and with a mod like the 76 C.A.M.P. from Fallout 4 you could potentially build anywhere on the map.
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptyThu May 27, 2021 10:10 pm

shartarus wrote:
I think I've actually seen the F4NV team address this directly, might have been on their discord, but I don't remember exactly. They said that the mod will include the building system, but only in interior locations.

It will most likely just be the Lucky 38 Suite, but who knows, maybe they could include the many different faction safehouses or some other small interior cells, but I could see why they wouldn't want to as it could detract from their main goal of faithfully recreating New Vegas.

Best case scenario, I think they could add some new interiors, as they are expanding upon the original game world in some areas. Personally I'd love to see as many as possible and with a mod like the 76 C.A.M.P. from Fallout 4 you could potentially build anywhere on the map.

Interesting..

Still though, I'm sure it will be relatively easy to use settlement building mechanics anywhere in F4NV even if the devs don't make them explicitly available.

shartarus

shartarus

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? EmptyFri May 28, 2021 10:53 am

Tribal Raven wrote:
shartarus wrote:

Interesting..

Still though, I'm sure it will be relatively easy to use settlement building mechanics anywhere in F4NV even if the devs don't make them explicitly available.

For sure, it could even be possible using console commands, but if not I'm sure a mod will be made eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?   Fallout 4: New Vegas base building? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4: New Vegas base building?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1