Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear dead Overhaul boom ghoul Ryse hunk daryl marvel wolfenstein Mask gauss body Call machine power Superpele Reforged mandalorian riot vault commonwealth NPCs boomers khan money
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby monke gaming Yesterday at 9:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

» Hello from nexus
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 pm

» The Next fallout
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:29 am

» Late Introduction
New Vegas Video Essay Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:29 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New Vegas Video Essay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ninodeawesome

ninodeawesome

Character sheet
Name: Dorian
Faction: Independent
Level: 26

New Vegas Video Essay Empty
PostSubject: New Vegas Video Essay   New Vegas Video Essay EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 11:25 am

Hey guys, one of my favorite YouTubers made a great video essay on why Fallout New Vegas is so great.
Fallout: New Vegas Is Genius, And Here's Why:
I really dug it. It put into words a lot of my feelings about the game I never really formulated. Check it out.

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Video Essay   New Vegas Video Essay EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 9:36 pm

Sorry. Don't really feel like losing IQ points watching this Breadtuber spout nonsense. I watched his Fallout 3 video and I can only imagine all the soy that was consumed in the making of it. Save it for the kids who only started playing video games this past decade please.
Back to top Go down
Vanishing_trooper

Vanishing_trooper

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Video Essay   New Vegas Video Essay EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 4:47 am

Heisenberg wrote:
Sorry. Don't really feel like losing IQ points watching this Breadtuber spout nonsense. I watched his Fallout 3 video and I can only imagine all the soy that was consumed in the making of it. Save it for the kids who only started playing video games this past decade please.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your problems with that video? I thought it was a pretty good breakdown on why fallout 3 didn't work as well as the other games in the series, even if the title and some of the things said were a bit hyperbolic.

Anyhow onto the main topic, I watched that video and I thought it was pretty good! he made some good points about all the little improvements over 3 that I never really noticed before, like how the most interesting areas in the game are made way easier to find and things like that. I do wish he got into the DLC of both this game and 3 but that'd be a whole other full length video with how much content that would be.

Let the crimson casablanca burst open like boiling magma

Love, I shall tell you now its truth

Love is but a foolish caprice

And yet it is by love that we two are drawn here  

New Vegas Video Essay Tumblr_nyvkipzoF41rsghfro1_500
Back to top Go down
thegreataimbottio

thegreataimbottio

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Video Essay   New Vegas Video Essay EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 5:17 am

I've loved Fallout New Vegas for years and I don't need to watch an hour-long video to remind me why I'm supposed to like it, people should have their own reasons for liking their favorite games. The problem with video essays like this is that they're just a circlejerk to make people feel smart and pretentious for liking a game even though you'll never really be able to remember or repeat the different points he says in the video. If you didn't like New Vegas, this video won't change your mind, and why should it? People should have their own reasons as to why they like or dislike games, not because a guy on YouTube told them so.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Video Essay   New Vegas Video Essay EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 7:45 am

@Vanishing_Trooper

Many of the "criticisms" in his video are blatantly exaggerated to the extent that only a child would believe reflected the actual quality of the game itself. Not only that, but how he expresses such pompous rhetoric is thoroughly handicapped by the fact he can't speak clearly in a sensible and rational way. His points are constantly clouded by his inflated sense of self-worth and narcissism and this only worsens as the video progresses, putting his own individual biases above the actual content of the video itself. He's constantly clutching for straws desperate in his attempt to make the game appear to be a poorly designed mess, when in reality, the points he makes appear look as though they are game-breaking and major are actually tiny nitpicks.

One tiny nitpick being the fact that he spends the first half hour of his "video essay" talking about nothing more than IGN (nothing to do with Fallout 3) and the tutorial which apparently forces the player to kill people. Dastardly, I know. But he fails to recognise the fact that Fallout 3 was the first game in the series to have a first person view and real time combat. It makes perfect sense why they would prioritise those mechanics since it plays completely differently to how an isometric RPG (say the original Fallout for instance) would be. Even New Vegas does this with Sunny Smiles' tutorial and the Goodsprings Gunfight.

The "video essay" is nothing more than a thinly-veiled hitpiece and there have been better articles and essays made criticising Fallout 3 in the past with much greater substance and much less time wasted. Hbomberguy's fanbase is comprised almost entirely of children and pseudointellectual teens who will undoubtedly treat his bullshit as gospel because it praises their first Fallout game and simultaneously shits on the company that made the newest game in the franchise. Any mature adult who watches his video would quickly come to the realisation that calling other people's opinions worthless which he does in the video multiple times immediately delegitimises his argument, because he's not willing to (A) listen to the views and beliefs held by others and (B) makes him appear as though he's just trying to stir the pot for clicks and attention. Even the name of the video is polarising and sensationalist in it's nature.

The fact that he has made this video praising New Vegas when it suffers from many of the same issues that plagued Fallout 3 is proof of his inability to see the perspectives of others and remove himself from his clouded view. While in his original video about Fallout 3, it was clear that every chance he got to compare New Vegas to 3 he took, while ignoring New Vegas conveniently when it suffers from the same problem. It's one thing to compare two different games with two different design philosophies and designers unfairly, it's another thing to sweep flaws under the carpet when it suits you and your argument.

Even in his own realm he gets this shit wrong. How the hell is Mr. House a libertarian and Legion fascists? Legion are imperialists based off Ancient Rome, House is an autocrat, the very antithesis of libertarian! This is basic stuff that is explained within the game. How he can be a political channel and not even understand this is amateur at best.

That being said, I will end this post by merely bringing into question the integrity of hbomberguy's character. This is NOT intended to bring up politics onto this forum as I know it is against the rules but I aim only to give you a clear representation of who you are defending and if his opinion is worth defending. I know that you likely won't care because you'll carry on watching his self-centred drivel anyway, but hbomberguy is NOT a nice person or even a rational one at that:

- His moderator and friend sexually harassed and threatened to rape his employee. What did hbomberguy do? Doubt the sincerity of the victim's story despite his "pro-feminist" views and defend his creepy male friend in spite of this. That's real dedication!

- Uses a Twitter blockbot to block everyone who doesn't agree with him on a gaming and political level. Is an advocate for safe spaces and in his little safe space he calls his Twitter profile, he shit talks everyone who doesn't share his opinion, forming a surrounding "fanbase" of people who only ever see his argument and no one elses. This man is literally the Internet equivalent of a cult leader.

- Created a Google extension to censor everything he doesn't like. Promotes it to his community and Twitter friends. Fitting considering he doesn't give Fallout 3 the time of day. Probably doesn't even see their tweets!

- Friends with admitted pedophile and white nationalist, Sarah/Nicholas Nyberg, whom he has referenced several times in tweets.

- Donates 'his' patreon money and donations to a charity that brainwashes kids to undergo Gender Reassignment Surgery and HRT. Wherever you stand on this whole debate, this "charity" is controversial for a reason, and it's not political to say that either.

- Holds a deep and personal grudge against Many a True Nerd, who made better and more-educated videos than he did defending Fallout 3 and 4.

And once again, I'm not intending to start a political discussion but hbomberguy is a political channel and we must take what he argues within the contexts of his channel and persona. I'm trying to make the point that hbomberguy doesn't see other's opinions, he doesn't care. It weakens his arguments because he refuses to listen to them and refute them in a mature and competent way. Instead, he masquerades his thinly-veiled angry blog posts as deep and mature criticisms of entertainment, and he has succeeded in attracting an audience of jaded teenagers and pseudointellectual losers.

So there you go. Does that answer your question?
Back to top Go down
Vanishing_trooper

Vanishing_trooper

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Video Essay   New Vegas Video Essay EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 10:11 am

@Heisenberg Yes that did answer my question, and thanks for taking the time to reply. I legitimately did not know about several of those things you brought up and it is bringing some of my thoughts about him into question, especially the first and fourth points. personally I have my issues with that fifth point but I (and I imagine you) don't wanna get into that like, ever so let's not. Also great point with how he ignores when 3 and NV share a problem, I never noticed that in those videos but looking back he really should've at least brought them up. it might not have fixed either video by any means but it would've at least helped.
Anyhow that's enough on this topic I think, thanks for the extensive reply. I don't think I'm going to comment on this further I've said all I needed to say.

Let the crimson casablanca burst open like boiling magma

Love, I shall tell you now its truth

Love is but a foolish caprice

And yet it is by love that we two are drawn here  

New Vegas Video Essay Tumblr_nyvkipzoF41rsghfro1_500
Back to top Go down
Screw4ff

Screw4ff

Character sheet
Name: Red Crow
Faction: A Lonely boy
Level: The amount of times Aarius has changed his profile pic

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Video Essay   New Vegas Video Essay EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 4:13 am

Big fan of Hbomb, loved this video but I feel like he got a little distracted and just ended up gushing about how good fnv is. Makes sense, I would probably do the same, but I was hoping for more of a dissection like he did with Pathologic, Halcyon, or his political stuff. I heard he's been sick and ended up struggling to get this finished by the end of the year, and so I can understand it, but I probably wont re-watch this one.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Video Essay   New Vegas Video Essay Empty

Back to top Go down

New Vegas Video Essay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1