Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk money wolfenstein dead khan boom body Call ghoul Ryse Superpele power commonwealth vault marvel boomers Reforged Gear daryl Mask mandalorian machine riot gauss NPCs Overhaul
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby monke gaming Yesterday at 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Considering we are a long while before the next fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
souptrashbaby

souptrashbaby

Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Considering we are a long while before the next fallout   Considering we are a long while before the next fallout EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 1:36 am

What are the chances bethesda lets obsidian take another crack at it?
Back to top Go down
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: Considering we are a long while before the next fallout   Considering we are a long while before the next fallout EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 am

Most likely never happening, especially after how bad a deal Obsidian got to develop new vegas and being denied their bonuses just because their metacritic score was 84 instead of 85+.
Back to top Go down
JackLovecraft

JackLovecraft

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Considering we are a long while before the next fallout   Considering we are a long while before the next fallout EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 10:00 pm

Same as what the Great Sensei Alex said , if I were you thoe Id pray Bethesda dosent touch the Fallout IP for a long while dang while sometimes some things are best left to rot in terrible online spin-offs
or even worse...even up on a pachinko machine

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Considering we are a long while before the next fallout   Considering we are a long while before the next fallout EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 3:12 am

Never going to happen.

Obsidian was acquired by Xbox Games Studio. They'll never touch a Fallout game ever again (not that they would want to either)

Simply put, we'll be lucky if Obsidian survives under their new parent corporation.

Wjeeheh

Wjeeheh

PostSubject: Re: Considering we are a long while before the next fallout   Considering we are a long while before the next fallout EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 7:34 pm

I'd be surprised that even if it was offered to Obsidian that Obsidian would take it. Considering the situation that they were put in after New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Considering we are a long while before the next fallout   Considering we are a long while before the next fallout EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 8:03 pm

Honestly, there is really no point in looking for any new content from bethesda, especially after the disaster that was 76. Plenty of alternatives out there, so not like there is any drought of games out there:

Obsidian moved on, and is now focused on Outer Worlds, which is more or less a spiritual successor to new vegas, anyways. I heard mod support and DLC were coming, but I haven't heard news about either one. This will be the closest we will get to another obsidian fallout

The cancelled Black Isle Fallout 3, codenamed Van Buren(Which New Vegas borrowed a lot of lore and elements from) is being developed by dedicated fans, once news come out from them, that will be the closest we will get to playing a brand new fallout game worth a damn

A lot of fallout 2 mods, if you've never tried them out. Fallout: Nevada, comes to mind, and the same studio recently released a brand new game, set between F1 and F2, set in mexico. You can play it now, if you speak russian, otherwise, plenty of other full story/campaign mods for fallout 2, that might as well be their own games

Of course, there is always NV/TTW/F4 that can be modded till the end of days(However long that may be, due to the current world situation). If you're tired of playing with quality mods from this site, there are many "DLC" like mods for all 3 games, including my favorites, Beyond The Boulder Dome for TTW and NV(open world nature of HH with the ruined setting of LR, at least 2 paths to resolving the main quest, and lots of Van Buren lore), and Maxwells World for F4(Very similar to Dead Money, has a good twist, if you get the "good" ending). NV has a really big mod, Fallout Frontier, coming out soon, and so is Fallout: Miami for F4, well worth the wait, both of them, from what I am seeing. If you're feeling nostalgic, full remakes of F3 and FNV are also coming to the fallout 4 engine, which should be a blast to play, and on a similar note, a complete remake of F1 in the FNV engine is also in the works, altho that has been an on-and-off affair in development for years now, not sure what the ETA on that is, at the moment, but it was pretty faithful, from what I have seen

Either way, if you're a fallout fan, you shouldn't be hurting for content anytime soon, unless you're still playing F76, for some reason. Wastelanders isn't going to change anything. There is no point in beating the dead horse, obsidian has moved on from fallout, and I think so are the devs, new vegas was a swan song for the franchise, and one last chance to salvage some of the great ideas from van buren project: it was a once in a lifetime chance the devs were not expecting, and that's all that was.

mikeee1111

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Considering we are a long while before the next fallout   Considering we are a long while before the next fallout EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 8:58 am

Sonichu_fanboy wrote:
Honestly, there is really no point in looking for any new content from bethesda, especially after the disaster that was 76. Plenty of alternatives out there, so not like there is any drought of games out there:

Obsidian moved on, and is now focused on Outer Worlds, which is more or less a spiritual successor to new vegas, anyways. I heard mod support and DLC were coming, but I haven't heard news about either one. This will be the closest we will get to another obsidian fallout

The cancelled Black Isle Fallout 3, codenamed Van Buren(Which New Vegas borrowed a lot of lore and elements from) is being developed by dedicated fans, once news come out from them, that will be the closest we will get to playing a brand new fallout game worth a damn

A lot of fallout 2 mods, if you've never tried them out. Fallout: Nevada, comes to mind, and the same studio recently released a brand new game, set between F1 and F2, set in mexico. You can play it now, if you speak russian, otherwise, plenty of other full story/campaign mods for fallout 2, that might as well be their own games

Of course, there is always NV/TTW/F4 that can be modded till the end of days(However long that may be, due to the current world situation). If you're tired of playing with quality mods from this site, there are many "DLC" like mods for all 3 games, including my favorites, Beyond The Boulder Dome for TTW and NV(open world nature of HH with the ruined setting of LR, at least 2 paths to resolving the main quest, and lots of Van Buren lore), and Maxwells World for F4(Very similar to Dead Money, has a good twist, if you get the "good" ending). NV has a really big mod, Fallout Frontier, coming out soon, and so is Fallout: Miami for F4, well worth the wait, both of them, from what I am seeing.  If you're feeling nostalgic, full remakes of F3 and FNV are also coming to the fallout 4 engine, which should be a blast to play, and on a similar note, a complete remake of F1 in the FNV engine is also in the works, altho that has been an on-and-off affair in development for years now, not sure what the ETA on that is, at the moment, but it was pretty faithful, from what I have seen

Either way, if you're a fallout fan, you shouldn't be hurting for content anytime soon, unless you're still playing F76, for some reason. Wastelanders isn't going to change anything. There is no point in beating the dead horse, obsidian has moved on from fallout, and I think so are the devs, new vegas was a swan song for the franchise, and one last chance to salvage some of the great ideas from van buren project: it was a once in a lifetime chance the devs were not expecting, and that's all that was.

Do we have any idea of how far Outer Worlds will go in terms of modding?
Will we be able to add weapons, outfits, creatures and such things without replacing anything?
Making enemies respawn, making new Worlds, new animations, etc...

If so, I'll sure give that game another try when such mods comes.

- Gandalf the Bla- I mean the white.
Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Source
Back to top Go down
Frosty7130

Frosty7130

PostSubject: Re: Considering we are a long while before the next fallout   Considering we are a long while before the next fallout EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 12:44 am

Great Teacher Alex wrote:
Most likely never happening, especially after how bad a deal Obsidian got to develop new vegas and being denied their bonuses just because their metacritic score was 84 instead of 85+.
I mean, it sounds crappy in hindsight, but that score was always in Obisidian's contract and they knew that was their goal. It's not like Bethesda pulled the rug out from underneath them.

Bethesda reneging on that because they "got close" would have been a terrible business practice in the long run.

PostSubject: Re: Considering we are a long while before the next fallout   Considering we are a long while before the next fallout Empty

Back to top Go down

Considering we are a long while before the next fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1