Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
commonwealth hunk Superpele daryl Overhaul gauss mandalorian boom riot Ryse Gear dead Reforged money body power marvel Mask vault wolfenstein NPCs khan Call ghoul boomers machine
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby monke gaming Today at 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What Fallout 4's settlement system needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Empty
PostSubject: What Fallout 4's settlement system needed   What Fallout 4's settlement system needed EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 12:05 pm

I feel like the Settlement system would really benefit from the idea of Tribes/Sub-factions.

I don't mean tribes in the sense of being completely technologically stunted, but a more diversified mix of peoples around the commonwealth. I really miss the old Fallouts approach of having different, diversified groups as opposed to just "Raider" and "mercenary". But more groups like the Scorched, who had developed a culture based around the worship or adherence to something. Maybe groups that worship technology who you would have to deal with as part of the Brotherhood's quest, or a different group founded by Minutemen deserters, like Libertalia, except they aren't just generic raiders, and there's a quest to bring them back into the fold as the MM General.

To expand even further on how this would affect the gameplay, it would make settlements a bit more distinct, and introduce things like diplomacy if the player chooses to become minuteman general, where certain groups have their own culture and identity, and they won't get along with other settlements, meaning the player has to step in to settle disputes and keep the peace. Like, Covenant refuses to trade with any settlements that they believe have Synths living in, or there are settlements that refuse to trade with The Slog because they don't like Ghouls. It would make the Settlement system a bit more dynamic, and also allow the player to build up an image of what the minutemen are depending on how they deal with situations. Do they use words to calm the situation, or do they put down any unrest with force. The diplomacy system could also work for other factions, but it would obviously be more prominent for a player building the minutemen from the ground up. But for the Brotherhood it would play into quests like food requisitions, or even add quests where the brotherhood is tracking down Synth infiltrators, or rare tech. For the Institute the player could track down renegade Synths, or, depending on whether they side with the Institute or not, they could distribute agricultural tech. The Railroad could have quests where they use settlements to settle lost Synths, and the Player has to work to build up a relationship with the Settlements and support for the Railroad.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: What Fallout 4's settlement system needed   What Fallout 4's settlement system needed EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Sim Settlements Conqueror has all kinds of submods for faction-related settlement options. Even the pillars of the community can end up with settlements.
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: What Fallout 4's settlement system needed   What Fallout 4's settlement system needed EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 3:27 pm

I haven't played Fallout 4 since 2017 so I'm sure I'm far behind.

I've been thinking about doing a playthrough again here soon so I'll have to try out the Sim Settlements Conqueror mod and a few others

Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: What Fallout 4's settlement system needed   What Fallout 4's settlement system needed EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 2:28 am

@ IRORIEH

Oooooh! Getting some turn based strategy level diplomacy here!

I think this is an excellent idea. However, I think one thing that could be expanded further. Is for the player to have a bias for what kind of citizens they would want for their settlements. For example, maybe the player would prefer to only work for the Minutemen, and only help people partial to their cause. You could go on missions with the Minutemen would probably reflect how the police and natural guard would work. Peace first, than lethal force as a last resort. Dealing with threats to settlements, conflicts and disturbances within them, and things that the old world would deal with.

Another example would be with the Nuka World DLC. They player could be biased toward the raiders, and not only have the power to conquer and capture settlements, but find other raider gangs who would be willing to join your own. You could go on raids with your fellow raiders, and go on missions where you could fight to get things that could really give your fellow raiders an edge. Like finding power armor, or old weapon caches.

The Brotherhood Of Steel would definitely have a more, militaristic approach to things. Instead of settlements, they'd probably be establishing bases across the wasteland. Of which would lead the player to go on missions with the Brotherhood to reclaim old technology, and go on missions where the Brotherhood deals with their enemies directly.

Now this might be a late game thing, but what if the institute wanted to expand out into the world, and start building settlements of their own? They could very easily create synths, and send them out in various parts of the wasteland, of which you would be leading them. You could do all sorts of dark and espionage quests for the institute.

Of course, we can't forget the Railroad. They would be able to build settlements that would contain both humans and synths. Focusing on allowing them to live in peace with each other. This would make the Railroad quests revolve around liberation, and dealing with their enemies or anyone dealing against their cause.

And then we've got Hancock and Goodneighbor. A city that's home to ghouls. I'm sure that Hancock would love to help ghouls around the wasteland. Establishing settlements across the wasteland, full of ghouls. Now, when it would come to how you would handle quests with this faction, it would often resort to brute force, because Hancock isn't afraid to get his hands dirty when it comes to serving justice, and he'll want how you deal with things to be no different.

What if Super Mutants could form and start factions? While most mutants are known to be hostile, and shoot on sight. It would add some quirky and interesting situations to deal with when it would come to a mutant settlement. Maybe they want you to gather some captives to eat. Or perhaps they want you to do something more humorous, like find a lost object that a mutant is attached too.

Plus, what if robots could generate factions too? Robots just seem so alive in Fallout 4, and I think it would be really cool to see some robots starting to take up residence in various settlements. Boy how hilarious would it be to have a Mr. Gutsy drill sergeant being the leader of a faction. Or a Robobrain being the "Brains," of a settlement. This would probably be a true neutral faction, since the robots would probably have no bias to how they deal with things.

Now, in fallout 3, you have a slaver faction called Paradise Falls. While it's not in Fallout 4, I think a slaver faction would be perfect too. It would be much more organized and civilized than the raider faction. But it would allow you to engage all sorts of settlements, and enslave people. It could also generate quests for the player to capture "priority targets," and even sell off slaves too.

Most of all, you could have a settlement run by children. Similar to how Little Lamp Light worked in Fallout 3. This would probably be the most unique faction to deal with. Since you never know what a child or a group of children might want you to do! Maybe Jimmy wants you to find his Teddy Bear, or Cindy wants you to find her a pet Dog?

Each and every faction that you would work on establishing settlements or bases for, would have their own beliefs, morals, and codes. Which will lead to how the player would engage in situations regarding diplomacy. Some factions might prefer dealing with things brute force, others might prefer diplomacy, and some might even resort to stealth and espionage.

I think what would further add to this, is if the game automatically generated settlements based on various factors. For example, maybe after you completed a series of events. The game will generate a raider faction. Or perhaps if you start doing quests for the institute, the railroad might generate a faction.

It would also be cool if non-player controlled settlements would dynamically change. For example, one moment, you come across a neutral settlement of wastelanders not allied with the minute men, the next, it could be a Brotherhood Of Steel Outpost. This would add some more diversity to the quests and events generated by this concept. Skyrim had a small system like this. Where old forts would change ownership frequently, one moment, it could be bandits, the next, it could be Stormcloaks, and after that, it could be Imperials.

Dynamic events could also lead to faction based events. For example, factions wars could break out. You could have a Railroad settlement trying to liberate an Institute settlement. You could have a Brotherhood Of Steel base engage a Goodneighbor settlement due to their intolerance of ghouls. A super mutant settlement could be attack a Minutemen settlement for captives too.

You could have other events too, perhaps you encounter some robots who are going to a certain location to start a settlement. Or perhaps there is a trade route established between two neutral non Minutemen factions. Now, there would be times the player could intervene. Say that there is a group of slavers heading toward one of your factions, and you happen to encounter them. You could wipe them out before they even get close to your settlement. Or let say there is a group of neutral Wastelanders on their way to establish a dynamic settlement. The player could offer to help them of which would turned them into a player owned faction.

The possibilities are endless! I apologize for this very long post IRORIEH. I'm a huge fan of games with depth like this, and I hope that you found this post wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to read it. Smile
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: What Fallout 4's settlement system needed   What Fallout 4's settlement system needed EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Sirdanest wrote:
Sim Settlements Conqueror has all kinds of submods for faction-related settlement options. Even the pillars of the community can end up with settlements.

Really? I've not played enough of Sim Settlements. I know you can assign settlement leaders. So do they function as there own sort of mini faction, and can they get into conflict with one another because that sounds pretty cool!

Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: What Fallout 4's settlement system needed   What Fallout 4's settlement system needed EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 3:37 pm

With the right mods like Conqueror, you can pretty much force the world to bend the knee to all kinds of factions, even obscure ones like the Pillars if you have their conqueror submod.  I haven't played it yet because it takes me a long time to build a functional but ridiculously huge mod list.

Edit: And yes,you can shoot off Preston's head. Now YOU'RE the reason settlements need help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Fallout 4's settlement system needed   What Fallout 4's settlement system needed Empty

Back to top Go down

What Fallout 4's settlement system needed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1