Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged khan riot money Superpele machine Ryse Gear boom vault Mask dead power Overhaul mandalorian Call ghoul boomers NPCs commonwealth gauss marvel hunk body wolfenstein daryl
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Allthis Yesterday at 10:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby fil0000 Yesterday at 1:57 pm

» The Next fallout
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 7:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 7:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 1:16 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 10:43 pm

» Starfield
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 6:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 7:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 8:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

» Hello from nexus
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nervo82

nervo82

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Empty
PostSubject: [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods   [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi
I was wondering if there is possible to play two different playthrough using different mod lists without incurring in catastrophic corruption of save files or game breaking bugs.
I would like to use "sim settlements - conqueror" along a raider oriented character generated with the "start me up - alternate start" without trashing my current playthrough
Back to top Go down
Deeshuur

Deeshuur

PostSubject: Re: [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods   [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Typically, you can have two different runs featuring different mods. You can go as far as having two entirely different mod lists for each run, you just have to make sure that you load the right mod list for the right save.

For instance, your Raider save. If you're only difference is Sim Settlements - Conqueror, then whenever you want to play your Raider you have to make sure that is activated when you load your save.
If you want to play your other run, then turn off Sim Settlements.

This is true for the whole mod list.

BigLo

Character sheet
Name: Big Beard
Faction: Mercenary
Level: 22

PostSubject: Re: [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods   [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:07 pm

What Dishwasher said, and messing up is quite difficult as the game will inform you that by loading the wrong save you'll be loading one that is missing some elements

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods   [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:08 pm

A fix for this is that you begin using Mod Organizer 2 for all future modding.

MO2 allows you the ability to run different "Profiles" that are essentially completely different mods and load orders with zero negative repercussions. Not only that but MO2 allows you the option of using profile specific saves. Essentially, it stores your save files that are specific to that Profile allowing quick and easy transition between your characters.

I have also moved this topic from "Fallout Discussion" to "Troubleshooting".
- Raven

BigLo

BigLo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods   [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Tribal Raven wrote:
A fix for this is that you begin using Mod Organizer 2 for all future modding.

MO2 allows you the ability to run different "Profiles" that are essentially completely different mods and load orders with zero negative repercussions. Not only that but MO2 allows you the option of using profile specific saves. Essentially, it stores your save files that are specific to that Profile allowing quick and easy transition between your characters.

I have also moved this topic from "Fallout Discussion" to "Troubleshooting".
- Raven

I also remember NMM having a similar option, do you know if they also implemented the thing in Vortex?

Deeshuur

PostSubject: Re: [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods   [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 6:32 pm

@"BigLo" Yup, there is a toggle-able option in Vortex's settings menu called 'Enable Profile Management' which activates the whole Profile's function.

I've never used it however, so I can't say how well it works.

BigLo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods   [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 8:52 pm

@"weemaddude" I did try using it and I can tell you this much, if you have a shitton of mods installed, then leave it, switching between profiles is gonna take YEARS

nervo82

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods   [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 9:10 pm

i'm currently using vortex and i'll check the profile option, i guess that re-textures and stuff like that will pass from one profile to the other but as long as differrent scripts don't cause troubles it's ok. meanwhile thank you all for the help
Back to top Go down
Sensenmann

Sensenmann

PostSubject: Re: [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods   [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods EmptyMon Jun 24, 2019 11:03 am

Honestly, go with MO2. Either use different profiles with local saves enabled or just go with multiple instances for the same game. Local saves is a must check, otherwise the game shows you ALL saves for that game, not just the ones you had with that specific profile.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods   [FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods Empty

Back to top Go down

[FO4-Help] playing two playthrough with different mods

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1