Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
riot NPCs power Ryse money ghoul mandalorian vault Reforged Mask khan Overhaul Superpele Gear daryl marvel commonwealth wolfenstein hunk dead gauss Call machine boom body boomers
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby monke gaming Today at 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

» Late Introduction
Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eridonn

Eridonn

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Empty
PostSubject: Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda)   Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) EmptyWed May 22, 2019 10:30 am

Hello everyone i didnt see a topic on this so i decided to start one! I was wondering if any of you have dabbled in realism mods, i for one have made it my job when modding FNV/TTW to make the combat, needs, looting, and prices, realistic. (as much as i can with my little knowledge of mod developing, Altho i don't create mods, i just tweak things to my liking.)

So i currently use stewieai's tweaks to hide enemy marker on my compass, as i found myself CONSTANTLY using it to track enemies, it makes scavenging buildings with super mutants so much more thrilling, and unknowing.
I use the gunsmithing mod to craft guns, disassemble guns, etc. I think its a huge plus to the game, and if ur playing a gunsmithing/repair handyman hell, even just an avg wastelander, it is a must for me for all my playthroughs after trying it out as of now.

Obviously oHud to hide HUD. Duhh.

ALT repair is also a good one, not PN's alt repair as it does have some drawbacks/bugs.

RWD ALT version, BLEED doesnt seem to be fast paced enough for me, and doesnt fix bullet sponges, at least for me (this does not make super mutants easy to kill however in TTW, they are still tough as nails, which they should be, as in lore their skin is considered to basically be as tough as leather armor, not to mention the amror they have on top of it and all the muscle they have under the skin etc)
I use PN Rebalance to up the rads to around 250/300% more than vanilla (vanilla being 100%)

Thats all i can think of as of now, let me know what ur thoughts are on realism mods, where u stand on the subject, where are ur limits to realism,
Sounds are a big part as well, as long as armor mods, and weapon mods, so let me know what u suggest, what u use, whatever.

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli Sawyer
Faction: Independent
Level: 48

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda)   Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) EmptyWed May 22, 2019 11:58 am

I think drawing a line between realism and immersion is a good place to start when discussing what works and what doesn't. I could think og loads of different mods that add to the immersive experience but aren't realistic.

One of my favourite mods of all time is the TTW logbook mod. My current playthrough has a journal that I started in D.C and now I'm nearing the end of New Vegas. It adds to any kind of character development or character arc and the mod works really well.

I also love the shovel mod, that allows you to bury your enemies (can't think of the name of it from the top of my head). Caliber is also a good one as using more realistic ammo types brings the game closer to reality.

Xilandro's diagonal movement is another stand out, for both immersion and realism.

Near Death is also a good one, I've let enemies I hated bleed out on the floor just to give them an agonising death, and I've encountered wastelanders that have maybe been hit by a raider or a mutated animal and stimpacked them back into existence.

A lot of the functioning caravan mods also add to the realism of NV, like Gun Runners run guns. NV's worldspace is amazing but also sometimes empty dependent on your current load order.

I also have a soft spot for animated ingestibles as it has been part of my load order for a long time. Sitting at the brass lantern in Megaton eating some shitty noodles or squirrel meat in first person while Three Dog shouts at you through your pip-boy is one of life's best feelings.

Weapon inertia and prone mods are also a good shout too.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
Eridonn

Eridonn

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda)   Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) EmptyWed May 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Hey, thanks for sharing, I totally forgot about near death, I have diagnol movement, (its just a must have at this point, looking at people splaythroughs without it seem so wrong now.) weapon inertia, (cuz why not in 2019)
i forgot about caliberX as well, Loved that in FWE for FO3.
I dont have plans to go into the mojave as of now, but u never know.

I uninstalled animated ingestibles as they seem to take forever, It'd be nice only in bars and such, but out in the wastes, when scavenging etc, its a little annoying.

i currently use Equipable Rex, it has a module for TTW, which allows dogmeat to carry items (im not sure if he is able to without the mod as i installed it before finding him.)
But doesnt just seem like ur throwing things at him and they disappear, especially with the saddle bag it adds.
a TON of good mods for immersion are out there, realism as well.

My line for Realism/Immersion is things that are unneccesary, like that gun behavior mod, I really do like the concept, but the annoyance of having to use a specific hotkey to load half finished ammo, dispaly an animation that individually picks out EACH AND EVERY bullet from a mag, is just annoying to

Interested to see what otehr people's mods are that have a lot of realism factors, i like to display my game similar to the feel of the last of us, the atsmophere, buying system, grasping at every scrap u can get etc.

Voyevoda1

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda)   Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) EmptyWed May 22, 2019 1:04 pm

Truth be told, I kind of rushed through the Fallout 3 section of my current TTW playthrough. Like you said the ingestibles mods ork for bars and such. I miss D.C.

Once I', finished my current bounty hunter playthrough I'm looking forward to a super realistic playthrough of Fallout 3 in TTW. I might not even go to Vegas.

Off topic, but of curiosity, does TTW have an alternate start mod? I've seen various Fallout 3 alternate starts but I've not seen one for a crossover before. Some of the mods you have listed I have used in the past but wouldn't suit my current playthrough. I'll save them for when I restart a new playthrough.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
Eridonn

Eridonn

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda)   Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) EmptyWed May 22, 2019 2:56 pm

i dont think there is due to scripts breaking etc, there is a quick start mod made by roybatterian that allows u to skip vault101 but thats as extensive as it is. I Love the urban atsmophere of FO3 and having dogmeat as a companion and such. Another great mod is https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/64149 (IDF, Ultimate item framework) it allows u to send armor mods out into leveled lists vendor lists, and also recycling gear for NPCs., also weapons, and MISC items like the repair tools from alt repair. I use Triage as well. Its important u blacklist mods with unique items/mods that allow u to change weathers and such with an item in ur pipboy,

Voyevoda1

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda)   Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) EmptyWed May 22, 2019 3:36 pm

Very interesting @Eridonn , I've had a look at triage before but wasn't sure just how well it worked or if it would slow down the gameplay any but a total harcore, survival playthrough would be suited better towards it along with the radiation and realistic weapon damage you have also suggested.

Another addition I would suggest for anyone else that is interested would be named wasteland, it gives names to all generalised NPC's, at least in D.C. or the Illness mod for NV/FO3.

Semi Transparent doors are also a must for myself but I think that falls into the category of immersion rather than realism.

Back to top Go down
Eridonn

Eridonn

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda)   Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) EmptyWed May 22, 2019 3:46 pm

It really is a good mod, altho i would recommend making u go into the GECK and change the affects of Hydra and doctors bags to do something other than heal crippled limbs, or just Hydra, and raise the price of doctors bag to around double the price, so its more valued, (since medical braces and a stimpack combined cost less, and weigh less, but heal less.) Semi transparent doors is also a good one,i would put it under realism as it allows u to see through doors to scout places u should be able to scout without opening the door. Havent seen the illness mod tho i will check it out. And named NPCs is also one i never been interested in, but might try it out, never know what the affect it has on ur gameplay in game

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda)   Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda) Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussing Realism mods [FNV/FO3/TTW] (fo4 also kinda)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1