Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele ghoul Ryse riot commonwealth boomers mandalorian gauss wolfenstein Overhaul Gear money machine hunk vault power Call body khan Reforged boom daryl NPCs marvel dead Mask
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby monke gaming Today at 6:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Using FNV mods on FO3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Using FNV mods on FO3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LANDWARRIOR

LANDWARRIOR

Using FNV mods on FO3 Empty
PostSubject: Using FNV mods on FO3   Using FNV mods on FO3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Not sure of this is the right place for this. I apologise if it isn’t.

It’s been a very long time since I’ve played the old fallout games, 3 and new Vegas.  As the title suggests, I can’t remember what the cross compatibility of mods are like, between these two games. It’s particularly the armour and weapons I’m interested in.  The problem is that a lot of the better creations are for new Vegas, and there doesn’t seem to be many mods for fallout 3 here, like I remember from Maxunits old site.   At least not in the mod sections I have access to.

This isn’t me begging for access. I’m just curious about using mods from one game, for another.

Is it a problem to use fnv armours and weapons in fallout 3?

(edited by jacoboriley March 17, 2019, 11:15pm, moved from troubleshooting to discussion)
Back to top Go down
callabar

callabar

Character sheet
Name: Danny
Faction: Scoia'Tael
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Using FNV mods on FO3   Using FNV mods on FO3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Modding Fallout 3 is kind of obsolete when TTW exists. 3 is really buggy on newer systems. If you install a FNV mod in Fallout 3, it won't do anything as it isn't made to work with it.

LANDWARRIOR

PostSubject: Re: Using FNV mods on FO3   Using FNV mods on FO3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 9:11 pm

I saw a video a while back that said you have to tweak Fallout 3 a lot to make it run on newer systems and windows, or alternatively, it suggested downloading the game from GOG, which I did. Is that not true with Fallout New Vegas? I’m assuming I have to have both games installed for TTW.
Back to top Go down
callabar

callabar

Character sheet
Name: Danny
Faction: Scoia'Tael
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Using FNV mods on FO3   Using FNV mods on FO3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 9:25 pm

New Vegas is a few years newer and runs fine on modern systems. You need both games (+ their DLC) installed for TTW to work, though it's a good investment if you don't have both already.

LANDWARRIOR

PostSubject: Re: Using FNV mods on FO3   Using FNV mods on FO3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 9:30 pm

I’ll check that out. Thanks bro
Back to top Go down
Kaevire

Kaevire

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Using FNV mods on FO3   Using FNV mods on FO3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 2:08 am

Yeah I'd recommend you get TTW as well. However, if you still feel like playing the original Fallout 3 on it's own, and you still want armor mods from New Vegas in Fallout 3, then it's quite easy to port them over if you have a basic understanding of how the GECK works. Hell, I did this quite recently when porting over an armor mod from Fallout 3 to New Vegas for my own personal use.

All you have to do is take the meshes and textures for the New Vegas mod, then put them in your Fallout 3 Data folder. Then open up the GECK and create a new armor using the meshes and textures, and put the armor somewhere in the open world for you to find. There should be some more in-depth guides out there on how to accomplish this if you're interested in trying this method as a last resort of sorts, just don't post your port anywhere on the internet without the original modder's permission.

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Using FNV mods on FO3   Using FNV mods on FO3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 9:42 am

Personal experience with doing that since I've been porting FNV armors to FO3 for a while now. I used to love the idea of TTW, but now I prefer the games to be separate entirely.

For the armors, it's alright in a technical sense. I mean all the textures on the armors will work the way they do in NV, however there will be issues once you port the Veteran Ranger armors and the Remnant Power Armors including Gannon Family Armor. There will be an issue regarding the pipboy clipping. Until now, I haven't found a solution to it, but my temporary fix is deleting a few parts of the armor just so it wouldn't clip. Don't get me started with the clipping on the Gannon Tesla armor jfc...

The weapons, however, are not as easy to port as you may think. The reason being is that there are weapons in FNV that had their animations changed. A good example here would be the Hunting Rifle. I tried porting the rifle from FNV to FO3 thinking that it would work on the fly. No. That's not what happened. Instead, I got a weapon that didn't have any moving parts because the animations in FO3's BSA files did not match the animations that were used on the FNV Hunting Rifle model that I ported. Does this mean that all weapons do this? No. The 10mm pistol, 44 revolver, missile launcher, tesla cannon, sniper rifle,and the melee weapons can be ported from NV to Fallout 3 as replacers easily. I've done it. I've turned the Axe in Point Lookout into the Fire Axe and even turned The Dismemberer into the model of Knock Knock.

If you're an experienced modder, doing these things is really simple but very tedious.

TTW is a good choice for most people if they wanna skip all of these things and get on with it faster. However, if you're looking for something like a Fallout 3 that feels like Fallout 3 without the ironsights and mechanics of New Vegas, get the GOG version. It's what I use now to mod my game. Believe me, it's one stable version now. I used to get crashes every 15 minutes, but with this version it's like a dream come true. Happy Modding and Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
LANDWARRIOR

LANDWARRIOR

PostSubject: Re: Using FNV mods on FO3   Using FNV mods on FO3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 9:33 pm

Sorry to come back to this topic. You say I need both games, plus their DLC. For New Vegas, is that just Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road and Dead Money? Or, do I have to have Gun Runners Arsenal and the other four weapons packs also?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using FNV mods on FO3   Using FNV mods on FO3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Using FNV mods on FO3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1