Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead riot machine Superpele daryl Ryse power Mask Call vault boomers gauss khan hunk body Reforged boom Overhaul NPCs marvel Gear ghoul mandalorian money commonwealth wolfenstein
Latest topics
» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Yesterday at 3:20 am

» Afterlife discord
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Fri May 10, 2024 6:57 pm

» The Next fallout
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 12:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 12:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Fri May 10, 2024 6:16 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Fri May 10, 2024 3:43 am

» Starfield
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 11:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 12:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Thu May 02, 2024 1:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:06 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Nope, vanilla looks like crap and what's the point of playing it without mods?

Appreciate it? Hell no, that is an ugly crash fest

I'd rather enjoy the years of effort mod authors put in to make the game feel new and re playable almost a decade later

Lilkrasdog

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 3:25 am

If someone put a gun to my head and told me to play through all of New Vegas and all its dlc vanilla I could do it. Otherwise I see no point. Mods not only enhance game play but extend the life of a game for many a year. I still reinstall and play old games Like Star Wars KOTOR just because I see some mods that make the game look fantastick.
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 8:09 am

I wouldn't do it now, but some time in the future. There's just so much content in New Vegas to suddenly pull back to vanilla with some bug fix mods and abandon my current heavily modded playthrough. You know how hard it is to mod full replacers sounds for all weapons without making an hefty esp lmao it's nuts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 am

since i dont have a lot of time i have two installs of new vegas one vanilla and the other is my old heavily modded version but i tend to play the vanilla version more when im looking just to pass an hour or so since i tend to get carried away with the modded version
Back to top Go down
Redgangsta305

Redgangsta305

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 1:21 pm

hey i know this is off topic but anyone having problems with The Asurah S.T.A.L.K.E.R pack im getting shiny square textures that are very unusual and its on my armor and guns

STAFF  EDIT

@Redgangsta305:

Post your questions in the right category.
"Troubleshooting" seems appropriate.
Please pay attention to the rules.
Thank you.  

Cerruti.
Back to top Go down
Chromesthesia

Chromesthesia

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Honestly doubt I'll ever go back to a vanilla play through as I am just so accustomed to stuff like project nevada and @50percentjoe and his modern overhaul stuff.

Also Redgangsta that's the second time I have seen that exact post on an unrelated thread. You know that sections for that kinda stuff exist right?
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 3:50 am

Vanilla vegas is a crap-hole that can't even compare to San Fran or Shady Sands or Vault city. It's not worth protecting it from California, most of whom can build far nicer things. Hell, New Reno was more of a city than the strip.
Back to top Go down
Dmitri2033

Dmitri2033

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 8:46 am

Highly unlikely. Hell, I'll never play vanilla FO4 or Skyrim ever again
Back to top Go down
jesusp

jesusp

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 10:33 am

With all honesty I've never played vanilla New Vegas the only game I have played vanilla would be Fallout 3 and 4 but because I played it in console.
Back to top Go down
Tira

Tira

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 6:32 am

I could never play Vanilla FNV or FO3 ever again,  I absolutely need mods to play the game. Without mods the game is just too buggy for me to enjoy. The graphics are horrid and the game shows it's age. Essentials as far as I am concerned include NVSE,  YUP,  NVAC,  NVSR, CASM  and  the 4GB patcher (not needed if you own a GOG copy of game). After that I start to mod my game. Modders have made this game feel  the way it should have always felt. If not for the Modders and modding I would never touch FNV again.  It's the modding that keeps me coming back to play the game.
Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 8:57 am

Probably not, I cannot comprehend even trying to play vanilla again. The combat, the feel, it just depresses me in a way. I feel like I need to put some sort of spin on it in order to properly enjoy a playthrough. It's likely cause I have a few hundred hours on it.
Back to top Go down
Gamb_of_Lod

Gamb_of_Lod

Character sheet
Name: Mike
Faction: BoS
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 3:59 am

I would definitely be happy playing vanilla New Vegas and Fallout 3. Actually, I took a little break from mods as my games were crashing constantly but I've recently decided to get back into it. I still get nostalgia from all the times I played the games when I was younger and every now and then I boot up my old Xbox 360 and play them on there. Mods are great and all but the main thing to me is the story and the choices that can be made. Even on the vanilla versions I still find things I didn't find in my ladt playthroughs, sure they may obly be small things like a note I missed or a rabdom event I haven't encountered yet but it still amazes me how a game I've been playing for nearly 10 years still has new things to show me. So yeah, mods are awesome and I love them but every now and then it's nice to have a bit of nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
Wolfclaw114

Wolfclaw114

Character sheet
Name: Mark Wolf
Faction: Mercenary
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 4:13 am

Played non-DLC Fallout NV multiple times, restarting often. No mods either on it and i have played the hell out of it. I could play it again without mods (Since i havent played it with mods. Though on PC the controls are too stiff for me) however, like with skyrim i have played the game so repetitively i find it hard to play for an extended time. so while i could play without mods, because i have played it so much i may need mods to give it a new/better look and feeling.

(Played skyrim for 6 months, every day. XD NV a little less than that)
Back to top Go down
EyeShotFirst

EyeShotFirst

Character sheet
Name: Sharpe
Faction: Institute
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 5:45 am

Though I've already replied once, I'll add more. It's a 9 year old game, and it wasn't the most solidly built or greatest looking of its own era, so modding is a given. It's an ugly game, it's a buggy game, but it is so fun and engaging that I have to revisit it often. Mods just extend the life of the game, and honestly most of the mods I download are lore friendly, they only enhance the game further. Textures, visuals, bug fixes, but it's still the vanilla game at its core.
Back to top Go down
TheRatDragon

TheRatDragon

Character sheet
Name: Matthew
Faction: USMC
Level: Applicant

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 7:01 am

After installing my first mod for Fallout New Vegas, going on almost nine years ago now, I can safely say no. I just wouldn't be able to. I have an Xbox One and my friend brought over New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 360 when it was released for backwards compatibility and I told him, I wanna show you something. I turned on my computer, launched up my modded NV and he was like, I can see why you don't wanna play vanilla NV. For his birthday last year, a few months after that happened, he bought a gaming PC and the first game he bought was Skyrim Legendary Edition and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition. I also gifted him a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY edition so he can play TTW.

He hasn't been the same since and we both can never play vanilla again.

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Tenor
Back to top Go down
blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 2:09 pm

I mean if you stuck me in a room with a console version and i couldn't leave then yes.

I started out with the PS3 version (which had the infamous memory issue the longer you played) and I still enjoyed it! the game is a 8/10 for me with points reduced for rushed content (lack thereof) and the bugs which cannot be ignored.

Vanilla game on PC? Hell no. No one can play New vegas without stutter remover, YUP, and 4GB anymore. Modded New Vegas is 10/10 for me now - ive been playing it on PC for 5+ years now and im no where near done. I can never go back to a bug messy game that makes me long for mods that shouldve been in the base game

Kaevire

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 2:23 pm

I first played New Vegas on the xbox 360 actually, rented it at the video rental store back when those where still a thing lol.

I liked it enough back then, but now after almost a decade of playing the game with mods... I don't think I can go back. I've grown rather attached to my mods, especially the armor and weapon mods as well as race mods that make my character look much better than any vanilla character.
Add on top of that, the fact that I have created my own personal mods for private use in order to enhance my own experience and yeah, I just can't give any of those mods up. They're part of what makes the game so memorable for me.

EV2015

Character sheet
Name: Guts
Faction: Umbrella Security Service
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 8:24 pm

After just playing a little bit of Fallout New Vegas on my PS3 way back in 2011. All I wanted to do was mod my Fallout New Vegas game man.
I need my:
Millenium guns
Alchestbreach Crier
EVE
and All of Dragbodys mods
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 1f603 Can't imagine my game without them.

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn7RiR0KErj8l_1nkTcU3oalEFsZbLEk0U1buyWuZP4XcXwlnztQ
Back to top Go down
HectorSuarezking

HectorSuarezking

Character sheet
Name: Hector calhoun
Faction: Ncr
Level: 68

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 1:31 am

probably not the vanilla game isn't bad but comparing it to my modded game it's really jarring as much as i want to relive hose old memories i just wanna focus on now keep things simple you let your mind wander back ways and you lose sight of what's in front of you

to be honest i can't live without the bug fix mods or reanimation mods retextures or dragbodys mods
Back to top Go down
WeissYohji

WeissYohji

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 2:44 pm

Oh HELL no! I could never go back to vanilla New Vegas.

Funny thing? This is one game I took the longest break from. I bought the game back in 2011. Not any of the DLCs, just the base game. A month later, Valve made Hat Fortress free to play and I started playing that for a while along with a fuckload of other games. Fast-forward to 2016 and I pick FNV back up. I did my first COMPLETE run of the main quest (Read: Any %) without any add-ons at this point, siding with Yes Man and only recruiting Boone and ED-E.

Nigh immediately after that first run, I got all the add-ons and started doing mainly Old World Blues and Lonesome Road (I do all of them nowadays, and always before tackling the main quest). I also started adding mods. It started with a few weapon and armor mods. The majority of mods I have are those. There are some others in the mix that I can't part with. There's custom hairs and a mod to play as the Honest Hearts tribals. I've got mods to bring DLC followers into the base game. There's a couple mods that restore some cut content: One that alters the fountain outside the Ultra Luxe and another that lets you ally Mr. House with the Brotherhood of Steel. And there's some perk mods, including one that lets you take a perk every level. I just can't imagine playing the vanilla game ever again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next