Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
riot Mask daryl ghoul marvel Ryse Superpele power money Call body dead Overhaul khan machine wolfenstein mandalorian Gear NPCs gauss vault boom commonwealth boomers hunk Reforged
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby monke gaming Yesterday at 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Booonelicious

Booonelicious

Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Empty
PostSubject: Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug   Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Have some issues with the quest "That lucky old sun" on my modded playthrough of fallout new vegas. I'll post the modlist so you guys have something to go off. THe mods currently make up 138 plugins (on the border before glitches start to occur with graphics and whatnot, also warning from game), and were finally installed earlier this week after 1 week of troubling installation stuff.

The game have performed well (aside from some occational audio glitches with gunfire and some minor errors with the flashlight mod), with no quest or rendering bugs that has hindered progression or had other effects on gameplay. Made my way through goodsprings all the way to novac, where I today had finished Boon's quest, The "come fly with me" quest, and killed off the  brahmin killing nightkin. After I finished here I moved further north, and decided to do the "lucky old sun" quest since its an easy one. I start it off and progress as one normally would (even picked up the west terminal key from inside the building), and everything seems to be going fine both according to my questlog and the quest guide (markers) that follow alongside project solid. This is where everything seems to be going downhill. I reach the room with the mainframe after I had redirected the other computers outside and fought myself through all the robots and turrets. Upon reaching it I of course need to either repair the generator myself, or I have to science up the robot (alternatively use the ID card found in the previous area) Python to get it to fix it for me. Only the repair generator yourself option seems to do anything, since Python doesn't do anything upon activation (It just stands there). Also after repairing the generator, I get the message that the mainframe has gotten power, but the generator cable is still emitting smoke and any attempt at using the mainframe (both at the screen and on the mainframe itself) fails. So I feel powerless to do anything, and considering that the last "save" I have was taken at least 2 in game hours ago with 2 levels in between, I really dont want to go back to that if I will only face the same bug again.

I have tried to use commands to fix the issue, but there does not seem to be any quick fix that I can do sadly. the setstage command does not responds to the stage where the generator would be fixed (Which according to the wiki should be 50, the quest id is supposed to be 000e282d). When I try to get information about the stage I'm on, I only get >> 10 without any additional guidance. As a last resort, I tried to use resetquest to see If this can be replicated, and It can since Im stuck at the same issue time and time again.

Has anyone here encountered this before? Find it kinda odd that this is where everything breaks since the gameplay so far has been without this kind of bug.

Edit: I managed to track down the issue. The problem seemed to originate with the "The rockwall descent" mod. When I tried to complete the quest normally the mainframe would not respond, so I tried disabling some mods and re-enabling them. Tried it until the rockwell mods were disabled and enabled again. Suddenly a ton of mobs spawned, the interiors were mixed up and a alarm was playing in the background. Been checking the mod page and it seems that it lacks a lot of finish that causes bugs. It also causes a bug where dialogue cannot be exited normally, despite the mod author saying that its fixed in this version. I have now disabled the rockwall descent (pursuit is more polished and works better with no bugs), and everything is back to normal.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cerruti on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a spoiler)
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug   Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 6:09 pm

You could try reloading a save. Maybe that was something. Basically your mod list is TL;DR and here is why: going through 138 mods on your list and knowing which might conflict with the quest is difficult and long. I suggest that you try a mod patch mod (YUP is the best).

EDIT: you got 'em tigger

Back to top Go down
TheHusky

TheHusky

Character sheet
Name: -
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug   Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Well, I rarely encounter a mod that causes bug on quests. you have YUP, thats good. Try using LOOT to get a good load order. Also can you try creating a new character just to do the quest again to see if you encounter the same bug on the quest? Sometimes gameplay can get bugged because of mods and unknown reasons. Try doing the same quest with a newly created character and see if you encounter the same bug again or not.

Steam Profile:
Back to top Go down
DcCharge

DcCharge

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug   Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 4:58 pm

@"Booonelicious" I believe you also have to repair the cable as well. I could be remembering this wrong though.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug   Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout New Vegas:That Lucky Old Sun Bug

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1