Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Overhaul ghoul machine body dead power khan Reforged boomers marvel money daryl riot commonwealth Ryse vault hunk Mask boom mandalorian gauss Superpele Gear wolfenstein Call NPCs
Latest topics
» Hey guys!!!
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby SilverInc Yesterday at 7:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Lovecraft and Fallout Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:29 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Lovecraft and Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
clockworkjudge

clockworkjudge

Lovecraft and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 6:06 am

SO! I have just gotten back into playing Fallout 3 (TTW) and I have to say that my favorite mission/area in the base game is Dunwich. This gets even better when you have the Point Lookout DLC. Then having the little Dunwich easter egg area in 4 just made me want more. What are some of yall's favorite horror areas/mods?
Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Vault 22, got scared shitless first time i played NV, those goddamn spore carriers aka trogs aka tunnelers, plus i was in low level and ran out of ammo, that and the background music got me wanting to get the fucc out of there.

clockworkjudge

clockworkjudge

PostSubject: Re: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 6:52 pm

@"ElMaldito" I totally forgot about Vault 22! Yeah those guys tweaked me out haha! I always go full warhammer 40K on it and bring my flamer and chainsaw
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 12:20 am

Dunwich building totally my favorite horror mission. Agree with you 100% Point Lookout too.
To add to the topic Vault 106 with the psycho drugs driving the inhabitants insane is scary as well. The hallucinations you see in the vault while there. Really a fun area to play

rojok2

Character sheet
Name: Johan
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 5:12 am

Not necessarily lovecraft but the house of horrors mod is really good. Horror mods seem to be a bit underutilized in fallout sadly.
Back to top Go down
1A

1A

Character sheet
Name: Tabellarius
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 7:28 am

It's an obvious answer, but the entire hallway leading up to the master is fucking freaky, man. All those piles of goo, and those messages saying you see things watching you. It was even worse because I was just an impressionable kid when I went through it, and so it was extra spooky. Actually had to work myself up to push through it, cause I was too scared. Lol.

That, and the Super Mutants in general have a spooky feel to them when you first encounter them. Coming out of the sewers for the first time to see henry just standing across from you on the other side of the map was one of the biggest "wtf" moments in gaming for me. Sneaking through the bases disguised as a church member was also really tense, it felt like any moment they might see through it and just tear me apart due to a lack of armor. It wasn't necessarily a horror area, but it definitely felt like it (especially with Vats of Goo playing in the background, that theme is 2spoopy.)
Back to top Go down
Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 2:39 pm

I was gonna say, the first Fallout owes a lot to Lovecraft. The Master is described as a Dark God, and with his telepathic abilities he essentially is one. He has a cult, the Children of the Cathedral, that worships him and actively tries to increase the population of his monstrous Super Mutant followers, not unlike the Cult of Dagon trying to interbreed Deep Ones with humans in Shadow Over Innsmouth. The Master himself is similar in appearance and conception to the spawn of Yog-Sothoth in The Dunwich Horror, a disgusting blobby mass with a human face, born from mixing humanity with unnatural forces and disturbing forces of darkness. And finally, he actually exists within a crypt beneath a cathedral, a gothic nightmare of blood and cybernetic guts. When the apocalypse comes, a new race born of a dark god shall arise. Very biblical, very gothic and very Lovecraft.

With other stuff, anything mutated or created by FEV has always felt very Lovecraftian to me. Centaurs and floaters creep me out. I'm kinda disappointed that floaters haven't reappeared in later Fallout games as they're definitely my favourite mutant freak. The Deathclaw cave at the Hub in Fallout is genuinely unsettling, as is the Deathclaw lair in the Boneyard later. There's just something so unsettling and wrong about Deathclaws. They look both reptilian and simian.

Plus Old World Blues reminds me a lot of The Re-Animator. Lobotomising people, reanimating corpses, same difference.

Lovecraft and Fallout GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
Obdulio

Obdulio

Character sheet
Name: Obdulio
Faction: Dragunov
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 6:54 am

Without any spoilers, does the Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4 have any Lovecraftian quest? from the screenshots it seems perfect for like an Innsmouth kind of quest.
Back to top Go down
Dmitri2033

Dmitri2033

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 am

Obdulio wrote:
Without any spoilers, does the Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4 have any Lovecraftian quest? from the screenshots it seems perfect for like an Innsmouth kind of quest.

None that I can think of, but there's a mod that requires Far Harbour which has a rather Lovecraft-y feel to it, the secret of huntress manor or something like that. May be a bit buggy, or maybe its just my load order.
Back to top Go down
Obdulio

Obdulio

Character sheet
Name: Obdulio
Faction: Dragunov
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 9:26 am

That's a shame, I only played vanilla Fallout 4 but I have all the DLCs now and after i'm done merging and making my own level lists with all the mods i want I'll go back in and play through all the DLCs.

Was hoping Far Harbor would include more of the lovecraft quests oh well, at least folks say that Far Harbor is the best DLC of the pack, Should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lovecraft and Fallout   Lovecraft and Fallout Empty

Back to top Go down

Lovecraft and Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1