Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear power money marvel Call khan Overhaul Mask body wolfenstein vault Superpele riot machine commonwealth mandalorian dead Ryse gauss NPCs Reforged ghoul daryl boomers hunk boom
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby monke gaming Yesterday at 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lilkrasdog

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.   Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 1:33 am

As I am still waiting for The Frontier before I reinstall New Vegas I have been playing fallout 4 for now. So i decided to do a review of some quest mods. Mostly because it's kind of hard to find decent reviews on some of these until you install it.

Take Note that I am only reviewing mods that I have played and this is my own opinion and if you don't like it I'm sorry.

Also a warning that I will most likely be spoiling these you have been warned.

A Cannibal In Concord

Starts out good but falls apart about halfway through. Initially starts out with you finding a house in Concord that has a cannibal living in it. Almost no combat until the end, and mostly is just your standard fetch quest. You know go here, get item/clue, go over here, get item/clue, repeat. About halfway through however you find the cannibal himself has already committed suicide. Kind of an annoyance but the worst part is the last half of it gives you no clues as to where the remaining keys are. Forcing you to find them yourself. The ending ends up with the cannibal having been replaced by a synth who has orders to build an army of cannibals for no real reason. Which doesn't really make sense if you think about it.

overall I give it a 5/10. Starts out good but falls apart really quick.

America Rising - A Tale of the Enclave

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Need I say more?

I do? Well alright.

Barring a few minor personal problems this is a really good mod. The ability to join the Enclave is a great addition to the game. Having Enclave troops wandering the Commonwealth fighting off monsters, the BOS, and other abominations is really fun to see. The mod is not complete yet as the author is still working on it, but I really want to see more to it. He also has some integration with other mods including the X-02 and X-03 power armor mods. This Is a great mod if you want to join the power armored guys and the BOS is to evil for you. The only real problem I have with this mod is that the Enclave infantry aren't heavily equipped enough. They are basically wearing Enclave army fatigues with combat armor vest, Enclave army helmet, and glowing eyed gas mask. they look great but I would like to see them in full combat armor. Maybe some brand new armor as well. This is the Enclave we're talking about here.

9/10

Also if anyone can tell me in stupid terms how to add weapons to a groups leveled list because I want to add the AQUILA laser rifle to the Enclave.

Atlas Summit Redux

Somewhat short quest mod that gets you an Enclave themed military bunker located in the glowing sea. For completing the quest you also get some Enclave themed decorations for your settlements. The bunker looks nice but is a bit claustrophobic for my tastes. The layout is also odd.The mod author wants to integrate this into America Rising, but honestly if they do that I would like to see the bunker either re-worked or expanded as I don't really want to try to push my way past a group of power armored soldiers in tight corridors.

8/10 Good for a solo player but I fear for a group of people.

Claustrophobia

Another "starts out good but..." mod. And it does start out good. The corridors are small, spooky and give a feeling of fear. Until you get to the third floor and run into the monster. then as you are trying to find the key to open the door the monster keeps throwing debris at you making it hard to see where the key may be. It picks up again after this until you get into the basement. Then you are supposed to get attacked by invisible ghouls, well you should be. I had the ghoulish perk which made two of them fight each other whilst I wandered about.

6/10 Starts out good. Falls apart near the end.

Concussion

Really damned good mod. Not much to it but sometimes those are the best. Find out that a little kid has been kidnapped by raiders so you go to save her. Then all hell breaks loose.

10/10 Would play again.

Egret's Secret

Adds a new door to Egret marina and a new space to explore. Kind of short and not much to it......not really much more to say. No real lore or backstory to it....

7/10

Experiment DCM

Not a bad quest, and actually has some really interesting stuff to it. But it's mostly a seek and find combined with ghoul hunting. Bring a gas mask and lots of ammo.

7/10

Experiment DCM Shadow

A sequel/addon of DCM, has all the original Dcm parts but adds a new area to explore along with new mechanics and story. It is also crap. The difference between balance and I need to cheat is lost on the author. When you have to cheat to kill certain enemies because they are so over powered that even a level 100 plus character dies near instantly, you know you screwed up somewhere. Also poor explanation of an attempt at a morality system

3/10

Fallout 4 Northern Springs DLC

I can't really review this mod because it's in very early beta. Mostly because I talked to a brotherhood guy who told me about this scary cavern that killed a bunch of people. So i tried to go there, stopping by a raider camp built into an old military base. Only the base couldn't be accessed because it's in beta. So I went to the scary cavern only... Beta.

Fusion City Rising - Quest Mod Plus

This is the highest ranked mod on the nexus right now and I can't see why. I never finished this mod. It started out OK. Children of atom nutjobs called the Sword of atom want to kill everyone with nukes so you kill them all. Ok I can get behind that. But it just has so many problems that I couldn't continue. Let me explain, I don't mind if you add your character into the game or lore in some way shape or form (my guy is a member of the brotherhood of steel kind of stuff) But do not screw with the games main lore (my character is the son of Deacon....No no you're not). The second is that I don't really like companions. It's just my personal opinion, some people really like them, I don't. So getting a little kid with a mouth like a trucker and a deathclaw as companions before making to the city is a great way to lose me. It also didn't help that it took me almost five minutes to dismiss that bloody deathclaw because it wouldn't hold still, and being so loud that i had to apologize to my ears the entire time. Injecting your own lore is one thing, screwing with the established lore is another.

1/10

Haunted Vault 165

Was kinda disappointed with this one. I mean a name like HAUNTED should mean I fight ghosts and zombies. Not finding a little ghost girls teddy whilst killing gunners. Not bad, Not great.

6/10 Coulda been better.

Journey to Ipswich

This is really a good mod that has a really good story. It's got a new world space and although you only fight ghouls and mirelurks it's still well done. Basics is an old ghoul wants some help finding an advanced version of the monocyte breeder that may and or may not make him human again, but it turns out that he is kind of an ass and got a lot of people killed. But now he is trying to make up for it helping people and wants to let the past go to become human again.

9/10 It's supposed to have a sequel but I havn't seen anything out of him yet. Was also kinda hoping for a lovecraftian horror but oh well.

Lima Detachment

Another Enclave themed house quest mod. Adds a new bunker near sanctuary hills and also gives the player a few mini quests which let you unlock new items and armor. Not really much more to say on it...

8/10 most of the areas are so clustered it isn't funny,literally just junk all over the place, and having the bunker so close to sanctuary is a bit of an annoyance.

Maxwell's World

This is mostly just Dead Money and Nuka World ducked taped together. Not a bad mod but it needs a bit more polish as it feels only partially finished. It's also a bit buggy in places. The basics of the story in a nutshell is that a young woman asks you to find her sister in an abandoned amusement park. But SURPRISE turns out the place is haunted. You meet up with the girl and a brotherhood trooper along with one of the undead workers and hide out in the haunted house whilst trying to find a way to escape. Major problem is that though there are multiple endings the game gives you no hints on how to acquire them.

7/10 Bit buggy, needs to be fleshed out a bit more, some more explanation in some areas.

Operation Wilkes Estate

This is another mod by the guy who did Lima and Atlas Summit. And it adds a new house mod. With gunners to kill. Interesting back story to the mod so I am impressed I just don't really use the house. Also gives the gunners a backstory.

8/10

Outcasts and Remnants - Quest Mod Plus

This is done by the same people as fusion city, and has similar problems. I didn't really mind the guy that looks like Bruce Campbell and is named Chuck Finley. But I did mind the fact the everyone else in the bunker was named after Burn Notice characters. And as I said with Fusion City Do not inject your lore into the game. I don't really like the fact that you are claiming that Preston is a member of the Enclave. The level design is confusing. Why is the path to the armory with the power armor and guns through the showers? Also keep your political BS out of mods. I don't care and I don't want to hear it.

5/10 Never finished this one either but it had some promise so I will try it again.

Penn's Woods - Small Quest Mod with New Lands

Really very short mod. You can probably complete it in less than an hour if you hurry. I wasn't disappointed nor impressed.

7/10 Ok mod, bit short.

Ransacked Relays and Shuddersome Subways

These are more dungeons than actual quests but they have some promise to them. Mostly in one you fight an evil A.I. and the other a giant mirelurk queen. Each has a unique way to kill them but honestly they could be expanded on.

6/10

Red Scare

A short quest mod with little combat and fetch questing, but the voice acting's good. Has you help a ghoul who was born almost the day the bombs dropped and became ghoulified a few years later. Wants to know what happened to his dad when he locked himself in the basement. Turns out dad had severe PTSD after ground combat and thought his wife was a communist spy. Realized it after the bombs dropped that she wasn't and killed himself.

9/10

The Agency - Prologue

This is a crap mod. Has voice acting but it's so buggy that it can screw your game to hell in a handbasket. Supposed to a part of a larger mod but nothing ever happened. Also has some of the more annoying fetch quests in the world. The kind that tell you to go find a unique item but do not give you a description or quest marker for it.

1/10

The Lost Vault

Not really a quest mod but a great dungeon mod. And is a hell of a lot better than any of the vanilla vaults.

8/10

The Secret of Huntress Manor - A Far Harbor Story

Almost forgot about this mod when I was playing. Then I got to Far Harbor and found a ghoul walking around. Talked to him and he said that he was going on an adventure. Insert Lovecraftian horror here. If you didn't know better you would say that it was part of the main game.

9/10 Missed a perfect score due to some buggy bits.

Vault 1080

This was mostly to show off some new form of lighting in the game but I wasn't all that impressed. It started out good with the church in the swamp and the beautiful background but it was just straight into the vault so quickly. I wanted more of the church. HOW CAN YOU HAVE SUCH A GREAT LOOKING CHURCH IN A SWAMP AND ONLY BE IN IT FOR A FEW MINUTES! Then it was into the boring ghoul filled vault. and no little billy.

6/10

Vault 494 - A Vault-Tec Story

This may be my most favorite vault ever. It's mostly vault tec trying to make a perfect crime free society by not actually doing anything to the people and going of a trust system. It feels like something Vault tec would actually do. The vault is mostly uninhabited, containing nothing but the bodies from the riots. So you slowly piece together what happened in the vault. And the major plot twist is that the guys who started the riots and killed everyone were the normal civilians instead of the known troublemakers.

10/10

Vault 83 The Librarian

This is another one of those "The Institute are evil for no real reason" mods. Not bad, not great. You can explore the vault before actually starting any quests but parts of it are locked off to the player. Not to much lore to the vault itself and feels as though it could be expanded upon.

7/10

Xander's Aid - Neeher DLC

This is a great mod and completely blew my mind. But it is also very frustrating in parts of it. Starts with talking with a ghoul that had undergone some surgery to look human and asks you to find out what happened to his friend. Then you go into a vault which was working on a project to be able to make a new world underground. It can and will blow your mind when you see all of this. I have a few problems with the mod including an extremely laggy part in the vault itself, and they fact that it runs the "not gonna give you any hints or markers to an item or location". I never did find the key to deans electronics backroom. Not the key to the display case but the room itself.

9/10 Overall good but needs some polish to fix some bugs. Also needs some quest markers or hints for certain items.

Well that's all of them. Good luck and have fun.

Roll credits.
Back to top Go down
dariusred4

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.   Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 5:53 pm

Thank you for the reviews!
Back to top Go down
Hauki is a kala

Hauki is a kala

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.   Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 12:04 am

Good reviews. I had never actually heard about Concussion but with you giving it a 10/10 I'll for sure give it a go whenever im back from vacation.
Back to top Go down
Lilkrasdog

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.   Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 7:05 pm

Got another one I finished last night.

Project Phoenix - A True Story

Overall It's good. Mostly just your standard shoot ghouls type quest mod, but it actually has a decent story behind it. Divided into three acts and starts you out with getting a player home and rescuing an old ghoul who's been locked in a cell surrounded by ferals after a plane crashed into his top secret laboratory. Mod actually has some voice acting and whilst it is not the greatest I have ever seen it's not the worst. And honestly either use lines from the main characters voice pool or don't give him a voice at all. My personal preference but still. Second act has you finding an underwater top secret lab with more ghouls that makes you realize that a top secret group called section V was trying to create a more powerful super soldier in the form of ghouls and threatened and murdered a scientists family when he refused to help. So he released all of the test subjects and ran. Act three has you hunting sector V at it's source and killing the leadership. Mod includes new a new white paint job for the T-60 power armor alongside new armors and weapon colors for the gauss rifle. Overall I like the mod

8/10 It's a bit short and I don't like that they give voice acting to the main character but I still really like this mod.
Back to top Go down
rojok2

rojok2

Character sheet
Name: Johan
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.   Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Good reviews and some mods I will definitely install, appreciate the detailed reviews and recommendation.
Back to top Go down
BigRedRandomMan

BigRedRandomMan

Character sheet
Name: Bourbon Freeman
Faction: NCR
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.   Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 10:46 pm

This should be useful in constructing a load order for my next Fallout 4 playthrough. Thanks for taking the time to put this list together!

celtic_spike

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.   Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 11:31 pm

i have only really modded new vegas and heard rumblings that quest mods for fallout 4 were not as good due to the limitations the voiced protagonist . this thread shows that i was misinformed and it would be worth buying F4 again . nice thread

controlshiftescape16

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.   Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Any mods with interesting NPCs?
Back to top Go down
Lilkrasdog

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.   Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 12:58 am

Got another one for ya. This one is really short and can probably be burned in less then thirty minutes if you work really fast. That said it is actually well done. So Imma spoil the whole thing for you.

The Kelly Household - Quest Mod

Not to be confuse with The Kelly Manor Horror - Quest. Which is done by the same guy and I will not be playing because I'm a big coward. I like scary stuff and I don't, if that makes any sense.

So it starts with you finding a small house on the south end of nowhere, and a key to an underground bunker. Exploring the bunker you find that the Kelly family, who lived in the house, worked at vault-tec and built their own underground bunker to survive just in case. Unfortunately only the father and kids got into the bunker. The wife was hit and ghoulified almost instantly. The father fearing for his kids began digging the bunker deeper before trying to block off portions of the bunker to protect them. There's a door that's blocked from one side and you need to shoot the bar from the opposite busted door in order to get the latch off. You then find the dead father and his explanation of trying to use a simulator room to slow his wife down. Except she killed him. Going through the sim room and at the bottom you find The mother, and her two dead kids. She reveals in a note that after the bombs dropped and she was ghoulified she killed her family whilst in a feral state. She then regained her senses afterwords and locked herself in a cage to prevent herself from harming anyone else. It's a fairly short quest but you gain a new cryo plasma gun with lock on capabilities. But damn if it isn't well done.

9/10 Only real reason it didn't get a better score is because I had to look up a walkthrough in order to get through the barred door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.   Fallout 4 Quest mods Review. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 Quest mods Review.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1