Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Overhaul vault ghoul money Ryse wolfenstein boom NPCs Gear marvel hunk dead machine gauss Reforged mandalorian power Mask commonwealth Call Superpele body boomers khan daryl riot
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 5:54 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby SgtSpectre Sat May 04, 2024 7:21 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What are the best fallout games in order Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What are the best fallout games in order

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Renhanfuri

Renhanfuri

Character sheet
Name: Ren
Faction: Freelance
Level: 14

What are the best fallout games in order Empty
PostSubject: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 6:09 am

This includes fallout tactics, and brotherhood of steel. I would like to see everyone's opinion
Back to top Go down
Damianwolff

Damianwolff

Character sheet
Name: Mit Boston
Faction: Pre-War MIT
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:48 am

Sure, why not!

Mind you, this is all strictly in relation to each other, so that has to be tackled.

Worst>> Fallout 4 > Fallout Tactics > Fallout 1 > Fallout New Vegas > Fallout 2 > Fallout 3 >> Best

A bit of explanation is in order.

Fallout Tactics is NOT a bad game, I love it a lot. But it is no Fallout 1.

Fallout 1 is NOT a bad game, but New Vegas and Fallout 2 simply have more of everything F1 has to offer.

Fallout New Vegas is NOT a bad game, but a 3D brings more attention to various worldbuilding visual cues, and immersion-wise, Fallout 2 is simply more believable and immersive, on top of both games sharing awesome quests and stories.

Again, Fallout 2 and New Vegas are NOT bad games, and will be in many people's top lists, but Fallout 3 did 2 things which a very important to me.

First, it created a large immersive, living world, filled with tons of vignettes and visual storytelling, with interacting NPCs, caravans, hunters, farmers, and numerous things that held this way crays world together.
Second, it built its plot, which many people find simple and lacking of NV's branches and subtleties, around the idea of survival and fighting off extinction and genocide. Every settlement in the royally bombed out DC is doing exactly that, and all those efforts pale in the face of the general irradiation of water and the moves of the heavy hitters of this world: the Washington Enclave.

So there is that. My top game's list)

ps: Fallout 4 is NOT a bad game. In fact, it is a very good Rage 1,5. But I came here to play Fallout.
Back to top Go down
IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 11:15 am

Alrighty, here we go...

Worst>>Fallout Tactics > Brotherhood of Steel > Fallout 1 > Fallout 4 > Fallout 2 > Fallout: New Vegas > Fallout 3 >>Best

Now, let's break it down!
-So... Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel are... Kind of a given, they're kind of locked in a certain time and it really shows especially in contrast with Fallout 1 and 2, older games that are almost timeless.
-Fallout 1 I consider the baseline for all fallout games, the middle of the road, a very solid building block.
-Now... Fallout 4, I liked it. Thought it was better than average but quite the 'Safe' experience, a little boring in areas where it really could'a pushed it. But all in all, I really liked a lot of the new gameplay and mechanical changes alongside the main story.
-Fallout 2! The classic fallout story, where Fallout 1 is the baseline for the franchise, Fallout 2 is the baseline for narrative. It established so many tropes, so much lore... Just a ton! With narrative as the focus, the only thing that held me back was some of the more goofier stuff and a few kinda - Eh, references.
-Fallout: New Vegas! More or less 2's rules, but updated and expanded. Such an involving, fond narrative with passable gameplay. The only thing that really held it back was it's world and a little bit of... I'm not sure, normalcy? I'm not a huge fan of the more... Political and evolved wasteland. Which brings me to...
-Fallout 3! Now, here's my opus. While I didn't exactly cherish the main story - The world created in Fallout 3 is just... Brilliant, everything has a quirk and they really go all in on them. There's so little in the game that's not interesting to investigate or invest your time in. Brilliant world, designs, quirky storytelling - It's just a peak of all of those things put together.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 2:48 pm

From worst to best.

Brotherhood of steel
Fallout 4
Tactics
Fallout 3
Fallout 1
This place is shared with 2 and New Vegas.

BoS: Well.. no need for an explanation.

Fallout 4: i won't put something that everyone that isn't a Bugthesda fanboi should know at this point, and has been said since day one.

Tactics: though not one of the bests and certainly not one of the most known, i think tactics was pretty good and at least had choices for you to make along the road.

Fallout 3: Man i loved 3, was my first Fallout, but not my favourite, great world to explore, great side quests, but poor main storyline, weaker than the ones ahead.

Fallout 1: Let's not forget the one that started all, a classic in the RPG genre, (for me) it's a above 3 for 2 reasons, 1:it's a better RPG thus having better endings and 2: 3's plot was just 1 and 2 reused enemies put in dc as an excuse for not making a new threat.

Fallout 2 and New Vegas: Well, what can i say that hasn't being said before, i completely loved these good guys, played the shit out of both, loved the characters and quests in 2, and was happy to see some of them make a return or being mentioned in the latter and in my opinion, New Vegas was a much better sequel to 2 than 3 was, just imagine how NV could have been if it had the same time of development of 3,or at least more than just 18 months.

Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 4:37 pm

My personal list would probably go from best to worst;

Fallout New Vegas > Fallout 2 > Fallout 1 > Fallout 4 > Fallout 3 > Fallout Tactics > Fallout Brotherhood of Steel.

For me Fallout New Vegas is the best of both worlds, modern Fallout with a blend of writing and sense of humor of the classics. The mods for the game over the years have only added to its longevity.

Fallout 2 is my absolute fav of the classics, and the first one I played in the franchise after watching my dad play it back in the day. There are some things I felt the first game did better but even still I prefer this game of the classics.

Fallout 1, well it IS the game that started the series but tbh Fallout 2 one ups it because of the time limit lol. For real though asking me to compare these two is like asking me to compare Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

As for Fallout 4, imo I wouldn't say it's the weakest of the modern titles but it does have weak points, things that have been said already since its release. There's no denying it has better gameplay than 3/NV obviously being newer. The building system was fun for awhile, and exploring Boston was entertaining. Moving around in bulky power armor was also downright satisfying being a literal bullet and explosive sponge.

Fallout 3 on the other hand is easily the weakest modern Fallout for me. The mainstory line sucked, the world while fun to explore, didn't really feel impactful. The DLCs though were better like the Pitt and Point Lookout. But to be really honest once its set up TTW mod for NV makes this game obsolete.

Fallout Tactics sucked. I didn't like it, though there were some things in it that were kinda cool I guess like the Caculator's robot army. That's about it lol. Still though, I'd rather play it than the worst Fallout game ever.

Which is Brotherhood of Steel! Garbage game. Could have been a cool concept of having a third person action RPG but instead the game was just shit. 0/10 would not play again.

Never played Fallout Shelter so I can't really give an opinion on that one, but judging from its gameplay I've seen of it it's not something I would play anyway.

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 1:22 pm

From best to worst?

Probably...

Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout 1 & Fallout 3
Fallout Shelter
Fallout 4
Fallout Tactics
Fallout Brotherhood of Steel

Fallout 2 was actually the first of the games in this series that introduced me to the Fallout world. I was impressed by how I got immersed in this universe that I fell in love with it. I tried playing Fallout 1 after that but the world was not as fleshed out. It had some interesting things going on like the time limit, Junk Town and such but there was just so much to do and find out in 2nd game like the on going power struggle in New Reno, NCR power plays, slavery. There is just so much content in it.

I placed Fallout New Vegas 2nd because it is like the spiritual successor of Fallout 2 but less fleshed out.

I cannot decide between the first and the 3rd Fallout because the first Fallout was the one that introduced this post nuclear apocalypse world that is reminiscent of the old Mad Max films but Fallout 3 introduced an immersive way to do it(FPP).

Fallout Shelter comes in below that because it is a very enjoyable game that you can bring anywhere and doesn't force micro transactions in your throat(at least in my experience). It is a good game to waste time.

I liked Fallout 4 but it is not the best in the series when in comes to role playing and branching story lines. There is a lot of interesting things going on for it though in terms of modding.

Fallout Tactics was an attempt to create an XCOM like game(i guess) but its pretty meh in terms of role playing because you are stuck with being a BOS initiate. I has some interesting lore though.

And I guess Interplay's attempt to introduce Fallout to the console. I just do not have the words to describe the experience to be honest. It is just not for me.

People might disagree with me with Fallout 2 being the best(and I am aware that it has some lore inconsistencies) but it is my own personal bias  since it is the game that I grew up with.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 > Everything else
Back to top Go down
1A

1A

Character sheet
Name: Tabellarius
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 1:46 pm

2 =/= 1, New Vegas, Tactics, 4, BOS, 3.

BOS hate is a meme; it's definitely not a good game, but it isn't outright horrible. People just tend to parrot what they hear. I'm definitely not defending it, but it isn't worse than 3.
Back to top Go down
Innershadow

Innershadow

Character sheet
Name: DJ
Faction: Bullet Club
Level: Honestly no clue I've been out here too long man.

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 11:10 pm

Worst to Best:

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel
Fallout: Tactics
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Fallout 2
Fallout
Fallout: New Vegas

I have not played Fallout BoS or Tactics however, I do intend on playing tactics to give it a shot but, I don't think I will ever honestly play BoS for obvious reasons.

OK before I get thrown into the grand canyon like Joshua Graham allow me to explain. To this day I don't really know why I don't like Fallout 3 as much as the others. I love alot of things about this series and have many fond memories from each game and when a friend that hasn't played one yet asks me if it's worth getting into the series for Fallout 1, 2, New Vegas and, 4 I can go on for hours with stories and great experiences I've had with these games but, as soon as I hit 3 I draw a blank. I loved Point lookout, the Pitt was always a great time and I loved getting to see Harold, but it somehow feels like its missing something for me. If you haven't seen either of these videos check them out they're kinda lengthy but a good watch if your on the fence about the game and would like to see a good argument for either side. (Why fallout 3 is bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78 ) (Why Fallout 3 is good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z8XHe2NoAE&t=2571s )

I don't really like Fallout 4 much more than 3 mostly because I find the story and amount of good side quests to be lacking but the game play and the companions save it for me.

I'm currently in the processes of completing Fallout 2 and from what I've experienced so far I see why its held with such high regard however since I have not completed it yet i can not justify putting it any higher but, just from the little I have played it stands far above 3 & 4 for me.

The Original Fallout is a true masterpiece of gaming and I've enjoyed every play-through of the game I've done but your first play through is such a wonderful one of a kind gaming experience that few games ever give you.

Fallout: New Vegas. What more can I say best of both worlds 10/10 Would play again.

huythong123

Character sheet
Name: Mark
Faction: NCR (because i like them)
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 2:00 am

for my personally list i'll choose from my favorite to my hated fallout games:
Fallout NV > Fallout 3 >Fallout 1 > Fallout 4 (because this are the only game i had right now)
for me Fallout NV hold a special place in my heart because is the first open world i discovered when i saw my big brother play it then i when i play it i got instantlly hooked on the game, Fallout 3 is next because is the next game i play i feel that is more populated and more places to explore but the green color of the game make me dont play it too much (at that time i haven't found out about mods yet), Fallout 1 is next because it the first game on the seiries it was very hard and at first i didn't understand the mechanics but after that i have a very good time playing the game, and last is Fallout 4 why i'm putting it on the last of my list it's because it's a very good game i have to give that but the roleplaying it's not what is used to be (and because this is my first impression without mods) and the dialouge was very bland not like all of the other fallout games and there a lot of weapons that look kinda ugly in my taste so that my impression on the best fallout games in order
Back to top Go down
Screw4ff

Screw4ff

Character sheet
Name: Red Crow
Faction: A Lonely boy
Level: The amount of times Aarius has changed his profile pic

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 4:13 am

Obviously very subjective, but here we go.
Worst>>BOS>Fo3>Fo4>Fo1>FNV>Fo2>>best
I haven't played tactics so I excluded it.
Obviously I don't like three (I feel like I've made that clear enough and fans of it don't need to hear me complain any more about it) but BOS was absolutely painful to play. I get the same vibe from four and three but the advantages that four has (less painful gun-play, more customization, nicer graphics and colors, and modding community with many more years of experience under its belt) make it a much more playable entry for me.
Fo1 isn't a bad game by any means, but its very limited and every time I boot it up I just think "Man, I wish I was playing Fallout 2 instead." Everything from the UI to the writing feels to me like it was blossoming into 2, which is a shame because I actually really like the story, I've played through it three times, but even that I feel like Fo2 did better.
Fnv, everyone loves new vegas, I do, too,and I think it's one of the few (maybe even the only) Fallout game that stands on its own. You wouldn't have to have played any other fallout game to know what's going on in the Nevada, other games enhance its experience, but they're not necessary to it.
Fo2... I adore this fucking game. It feels like the fully realized version of classic fallout, it feels like it planted the flag in the ground and said "This is Fallout." The writing is some of the best I've ever enjoyed. The villains and humor in particular are noteworthy, the best in the series in my opinion. Never has a game made me feel more weak and then later on more powerful, wearing power armor and wielding the most powerful energy weapon felt better than smacking Dagoth Ur so hard that my legendary and "unbreakable" hammer evaporated. I can not truly capture how much I love this game.

scrab20

scrab20

Character sheet
Name: Gnae Icci Brute
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 10:42 pm

Well from my personal opinion and gameplay:

From best to worst:

Fallout new vegas
Fallout 3
Fallout tactics
Fallout 2
Fallout 4
Fallout 1

I put fallout 4 on the final because i hated the new power armor system, you can't cover like the npc's do if you don't use a mod (dev team fail), legendary enemies which they need 128391324 bullets on the head to die also few weapon selection.
Back to top Go down
stickemup

stickemup

Character sheet
Name: Player 1
Faction: Rusty Lake Hotel Staff
Level: 1,2

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 10:55 pm

1. Fallout New Vegas
2. Fallout 2
3. Fallout
4. Fallout 4
5. Fallout 3
6. Fallout Tactics
7. Fallout Shelter What are the best fallout games in order 1f609

haven't played Brotherhood of Steel yet myself!

P.S.: I like all of them. Just because they're at the bottom, doesn't mean I think that they're bad. The Fallout series has no bad games so far, as far as I'm concerned.

MWguitarist

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 3:58 am

Tough, but for me personally.

1. Fallout New Vegas
2. Fallout 2
3. Fallout
4. Fallout 3
5. everything else including 4.

New Vegas will always have a certain charm and appeal about it. From the factions (Hail Caesar!) to the quests here and there, it was fun and unique. I like the minor gameplay changes they did for check just made more sense to me. Then of course the classics, and 3. Annnnnddd the rest of them, 4 towards the bottom, not to say I don't like it 100%, but numbers and levels alone dont make and RPG, let's remember that Bethesda ;P.

PostSubject: Re: What are the best fallout games in order   What are the best fallout games in order Empty

Back to top Go down

What are the best fallout games in order

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1