Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear machine commonwealth khan hunk Reforged boom NPCs Ryse Call mandalorian power dead body boomers money riot marvel ghoul vault wolfenstein daryl Mask Overhaul Superpele gauss
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby MJ456 Today at 7:58 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby hunter1828 Mon May 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 8:40 pm

» big red exclamation marks
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 2:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 6:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 4:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 1:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 1:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 7:16 pm

» Starfield
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 12:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 1:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 2:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:42 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Favorite FNV DLC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Connor Inglis

Connor Inglis

Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 1:32 am

I'm gonna have to stick with OWB because of it's great scifi feel, and its overall feel...even though I do have the most memories with lonesome road, so if I could pick two, those would be it, otherwise yea, OWB is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
https://discord.gg/Hny5qqe
rans

rans

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 6:20 am

Honest hearts and Dead money
H.H. because of the mood and the "weather"
And D.M. because of the story and the creeps
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 12:02 pm

I used to bash Dead Money a whole lot. It was among my least favourite NV DLC.

I've really changed my mind on that. I love the survival and difficulty of the DLC. I may dislike the inability to explore certain areas due to that annoying collar, but it adds to the immersion and sense of being trapped in hell.

It's now my favourite, but I still love Lonesome Road.
Back to top Go down
Cryper123

Cryper123

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 6:36 am

Big Hello Smiley im new to the gun network so i struggled a bit finding how to reply but i finally did it. My favourite DLC is old world blues but unfortunately i havent got the chance to play it because whenever i click play on the FNV launcher i just crash back to the launcher and im so sad about that cuz ive played the game on my friends pc and it is great. if i was able to play the game old world blues would be the 1st dlc id play cuz (spoiler alert back out now if you want to... 3 2 1 spoiler alert final warning oke) cuz the idea that there are a bunch of psychoic pre war scientist that placed their brains on jars is SUPER intresting. If anyone can help me fix new vegas i would realy apreciate it cuz ive tried everything. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 2:44 pm

I really like Old World Blues. The location is a bit boring, but I love the characters that are in it! The story it adds is really cool to me.

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 11:17 am

OWB probably. In theory, I should have liked Honest Hearts and Dead Money more, but I started to feel obsessed with escaping, and was relieved to have gotten away. I wish I'd just explored Zion more leisurely instead of obsessing over getting "home."
Back to top Go down
Transient3292

Transient3292

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 1:33 am

It's been so long since playing them, but Honest Hearts is the one i remember most fondly. Even though the area was pretty barren, It just had a certain vibe that i enjoyed. I also like the idea of the tribes and Joshua Graham. I guess you could say i loved the entire story, as well as the premise for you ending up there. Lonesome Road and Old World Blues can go either way, I did enjoy them but couldn't bring myself to play through them entirely a second time. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of LR but I felt like it was leading me to a new area the entire time, so when i realized that I already WAS in the new "area" I was kinda dissapointed.

I kind of almost hated Dead Money. Once i made it through most of it ( memory kinda foggy on that) and met Elijah I was able to enjoy it, but the premise with the collars and ghosts just didn't appeal to me. All of the DLCs had great dialogue and at least one good character that made playing through them very worth it.
Back to top Go down
Monstermen

Monstermen

Character sheet
Name: Jake Lord
Faction: independent
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 5:04 pm

The choice is hard but nonetheless, I must stick to the DLC that left the mark. I'm going with OWB as my favourite, the lore around Big Mountain and how all the DLC's connect to the place really made it a very interesting DLC. If I'm not mistaken, both prominent DLC characters were in Big Mountain before outsmarting the think tank. When I was younger I would always skip the dialogue and get on with the gameplay, but the older I got the more I realized the significance of dialogue; it's really like reading a book.

Getting off topic a little bit, but to conclude OWB just beats Lonesome road.

Never Be Afraid

Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 G_u_n10
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/monstermen_111/
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 5:37 pm

I always loved Dead Money, and I feel like this is the question I've answered the most on this site, but I'll say it again. To dislike Dead Money for it's stripping the player of their weapons and forcing them to think on their feet and scavenge is just to admit that you don't like the lack of comfort and the feeling of power that comes with having any weapon you want at your finger tips.

If anything, it's that stripping of the player's power and safety that makes the DLC so great. The theme of letting go is hit home so many times through that god damn collar you're wearing, as well as the story and the characters, as well as the creepy post war "paradise" setting that mirrors new vegas' paradise so beautifully. There are so many great parallels and the narrative construction/build not just in the DLC, but the main title foreshadowing it's release are so great. Honestly, sitting down to play the DLC in full, and really understand it's story, as opposed to just running around shooting things is a nice change of pace.

I feel like so many people complain about not getting what they want in Fallout games anymore, but Dead Money to me really shows that a lot of Fallout fans don't really know what they want. Do they want the Fallout where the player is forced to slow down, be patient and utilise skills to either fight or avoid the ghosts, unlocking the vault and getting out alive, or do they just want to be the unstoppable badass? You can't have your cake and eat it too, and Obsidian didn't let people do that. I'm glad for it too, because it allows you to appreciate the narrative on a different level than just running through, blowing up the bad guys, and whizzing through the dialogue tree as fast as you can.

Sometimes a change in pace is perfect. That was dead money. A more retrospective and slower Fallout. It's perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 12:46 pm

God I still haven't played through dead money or old world blues, I really need to get on that

klaatu27

Character sheet
Name: Korben Dallas
Faction: Federal Army Special Forces
Level: 1000

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 5:49 am

I chose Dead money and lonesome road,I love the ambient of both, although I would have liked an alternative end on lonesome road in which the missiles were destroyed in the temple of ulyses

Last edited by klaatu27 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Love Old World Blues for the story, the armor and weapons it offers...most bang for my buck i've spent.

Smile

Film Noir Discussion Thread
Back to top Go down
gakusangi

gakusangi

Character sheet
Name: Vapor Snake
Faction: Dead Fox
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 1:20 pm

I love the build-up to Lonesome Road, and I also love the character of Ulysses. Everything you do in the DLC's ends with them mentioning the confrontation between two couriers at the divide, just foreshadowing the events so well throughout. I really liked how they had that ongoing plot, parallel to the main plot of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite FNV DLC?   Favorite FNV DLC? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite FNV DLC?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2