Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call commonwealth Mask daryl Reforged riot NPCs money boom khan wolfenstein Ryse vault marvel power Superpele Gear ghoul machine gauss mandalorian dead hunk boomers Overhaul body
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby DionysusDreams Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby HunterWorld Yesterday at 3:57 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 1:17 pm

@Krakmonkey001 The closest we seen so far to anything resembling a feminist society would be the dystopian vault city, but lynette was sort of an all around bitch, and they took equal opportunity slaves from both genders. There was a bigger problem with class more than anything else

Krakmonkey001

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 11:20 pm

That I understand. But I was more looking at how in a post apocalyptic world, after the initial hubbub wears down, the more advanced of the surviving cities/towns/villages will likely be ruled by women, since they're more grounded in reality than men on MOST occasions.

And it's been proven that most of the successful early civilizations were all matriarchal societies. To be honest, it would seem to me that would be the more likely outcome for the recovery after something like that.

Back to top Go down
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 11:57 pm

@Krakmonkey001 In the canceled Fallout 3 (Van Buren), there was a tribe called the Daughters of Hecate. It was a tribe lead by an insane, aging woman named Hecate. The tribe is all female if I remember correctly and controls a slave tribe called the Hounds of Hecate who were the original Vipers if I remember correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong. This might be the only instance of an feminist society in Fallout lore, but calling them a feminist society may be kind of pulling strings.

Krakmonkey001

Krakmonkey001

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 10:53 am

dantaefetticus wrote:
@Krakmonkey001 In the canceled Fallout 3 (Van Buren), there was a tribe called the Daughters of Hecate. It was a tribe lead by an insane, aging woman named Hecate. The tribe is all female if I remember correctly and controls a slave tribe called the Hounds of Hecate who were the original Vipers if I remember correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong. This might be the only instance of an feminist society in Fallout lore, but calling them a feminist society may be kind of pulling strings.

If by pulling strings you mean reaching hard, then yes, you're correct lol. That's really reaching XD

However, it does prove a fair and interesting point that the only female one was in a CANCELLED version of fallout. So makes you wonder, where's the gender equality in the fallout universe?

Back to top Go down
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 12:49 pm

@Krakmonkey001 I think the wastelanders don't have the same outlook as us "Civilized" people do. They don't care about something as petty as gender, because most are just trying to survive. Raiders are a perfect example, they're equal opportunity killers, you see both male and female raiders, because it doesn't really matter who has what role, all they do is rape and plunder regardless. In a society where every gun matters equally, people don't have time to squabble like children over tiny, insignificant political points like we do, fallout makes it clear that the "Civilized" people brought the war in the first place. Which is why you don't hear this kind of talk out of any post war society, sans NCR, for obvious reasons, basic survival leaves little else to ponder for most people, we have everything we want, so we have time to ponder those meaningless questions in our society

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Being caught and eaten by cannibals. Especially if they keep you alive and eat you little by little.

Captured by one of the Zeta aliens and be experimented on. The were turning people into half human half alien Abominations, or cutting people up dissecting them.

Dextrose

Character sheet
Name: Dexter
Faction: The Institute
Level: Model of Apathy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Sonichu_fanboy wrote:
@Krakmonkey001 I think the wastelanders don't have the same outlook as us "Civilized" people do. They don't care about something as petty as gender, because most are just trying to survive. Raiders are a perfect example, they're equal opportunity killers, you see both male and female raiders, because it doesn't really matter who has what role, all they do is rape and plunder regardless. In a society where every gun matters equally, people don't have time to squabble like children over tiny, insignificant political points like we do, fallout makes it clear that the "Civilized" people brought the war in the first place. Which is why you don't hear this kind of talk out of any post war society, sans NCR, for obvious reasons, basic survival leaves little else to ponder for most people, we have everything we want, so we have time to ponder those meaningless questions in our society

well said dude, on a related note: is it bad that i kind of wish that we were currently in a society like that? where things like gender, race, etc don't matter and instead just getting by and surviving does - 0 drama or nitpicky bullshit would be a pleasant change from how IRL stuff really is

[icon by Apriorii]
Back to top Go down
https://www.nexusmods.com/users/11871608
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 2:00 pm

@Dextrose Most people wish for that, but the current political system doesn't like that one bit. So people keep their mouths shut if they don't want to lose their jobs, or be outcasted as "Racists". Why do you think Trump won the election? Not necessarily on platform or politics, but because he said what people wanted to hear. They're tired of the current xyz politics, and want someone to get them away from it. I daresay one good thing about apocalypse would be just that, certain individuals would be gone, good riddance, and most people would live by common sense, not in fear or apathy. I could talk about this topic for hours, but house was definitely right, democracy breeds weak people, and in our universe, at least, that allows mentally ill to have a say in our society, which breeds even more problems. That's why I honestly can't see why anyone would side with the NCR, house offers infinitely better solutions, without repeating mistakes of the past. I think people simply don't like him, like he said, he and NCR are not that different, house just has the common sense to admit the old ways didn't work, and that he knows how to rule better. He proves it by setting up one of the most prosperous towns in post apocalyptic wasteland in mere years, too, so he's not all talk. Folk just hate each other, no matter how right the other one is, I think

Krakmonkey001

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 2:11 pm

I love how a discussion about horrible things in fallout can turn into real life comparisons in the blink of an eye. Who knows, with how things are going around the world, maybe we're headed towards the apocalypse part of the fallout universe faster than we're willing to admit XD.

That aside, we do see female and male raiders, but you still hear about the rape and murder more towards women that towards men.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2018 6:07 am

I think survive through the nuclear bomb is the worst thing that can happen to you. There's literally nothing good that can happen to you in the Wasteland. There's no worst things, only worse things. I personally think humanity is more screw up than any movies that tried to show.
Back to top Go down
gakusangi

gakusangi

Character sheet
Name: Vapor Snake
Faction: Dead Fox
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Between being a slave, a druggy-fiend (and probably sex slave), a vault tech experiment, or any position in the Brotherhood, I'd have to go with...

Having my brain removed and put inside of a floating robot until it slowly degrades over enough time to render me completely incoherent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland   Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst Things That Can Happen To You in the Wasteland

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2