Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Mask boomers body mandalorian wolfenstein NPCs marvel Gear dead boom gauss Call daryl machine Overhaul money vault hunk commonwealth riot Superpele ghoul Reforged Ryse khan power
Latest topics
» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby Xehonort Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby snuffles Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:52 am

» Hey guys!!!
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tuxek

tuxek

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Empty
PostSubject: [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?   [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Ok, haha I seriously don't know how this works yet.

So I recently got a large quantity of bf3 gun sounds and I was gonna replace pretty much all of the "Weapons of the new Millenia" gun sounds with them one at a time.
For now I never really continued working on an esp after I made it and I don't even know how it works.

So yeah. I got this esp named "sound test" and it currently only has replaced about two weapons.
So if I load that esp and then replace the sounds on another weapon how do I make it so that when I save I either overwrite or make a new esp that doesn't need me to keep the old one?

Maybe once you save the stuff changed by "sound test" will be kept inside "sound test2" but I just don't know.
I already have too many esp's made by myself crowding my load order and I wouldn't like to merge them all every time I make a new esp.

So if someone would be able to explain how it works that would be neat.

-Julius Caesar

Q: Can you teach me how to rig? - A: Perhaps this will help:

Last edited by tuxek on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Solved sign so it can be removed easier)
Back to top Go down
TitanTheDirewolf

TitanTheDirewolf

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?   [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 7:34 pm

The safest bet is probably just using the Sound Test, and overwriting the sounds it also makes, and then saving it as that ESP. replacing the old one.

tuxek

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?   [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 9:03 pm

@TitanTheDirewolf
So you're telling me to go into my little geck.
Load once again: "weapons of the new millenia" and my little "sound test" esp
go into the guns I already edited (m16 and usp) and then just click a few buttons so it edits those guns again.
Then continue work on other guns and somehow overwrite the old esp.

Funny you saying that because I usually have it when I try overwriting esp' it tells me its impossible to do so.

And how do modders who make longer mods like quest mods do it.
Do they just merge their bunch of esp's or is there a different way?

-Julius Caesar

Back to top Go down
Nicks

Nicks

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?   [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 9:23 pm

If the mods files arnt packaged, i would just directly replace the sounds. for example if the the mod your adding the sounds to had a folder named "sounds" the go in the and find the gun sounds. and then replace the sounds by taking the file you want to replace the old file with, make sure its the same formatte and change the name to mach the old sound name and replace it that way. thats what i used to do

Back to top Go down
Banewrath

Banewrath

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?   [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 pm

If you are placing the sounds from one mod with sound files from another , this is your lucky day!

Open up the new milenia mod and go to the sounds tab. Find the sound file of the wepon you want to change. I think milenia used all custom sounds in the mod. I`m not sure. Open up the gun sound and where it has the sound file, click the button and select the sound you want to use from brosing your folders. Save the change and save the esp. Now that weapons sounds will be using the sound you changed it to. Ye Scabby Dog! Sorry I`m still stuck on pirate day aren`t I?
Back to top Go down
tuxek

tuxek

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?   [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Welp. The sounds I am using must be edited aswell. So I'm more or less picking different files for the sounds millenia's guns use.
The problem is that what I gathered of Titan's solution didn't really work.

I'm probably gonna merge the esp's but I still am wondering how bigger projects continue making their mods.
You can't just make bigger mods in one geck session.

-Julius Caesar

Back to top Go down
aarius

aarius

Character sheet
Name: -
Faction: -
Level: -

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?   [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 10:47 pm

@tuxek set the esp as an 'active file'
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? R2i6jZZr_o
Back to top Go down
Banewrath

Banewrath

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?   [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 1:18 am

aarius wrote:
@tuxek set the esp as an 'active file'
[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? R2i6jZZr_o

Haha, I didn`t even think to mention that. That is the first step to editing an esp.
Back to top Go down
tuxek

tuxek

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?   [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 am

And here I was gonna ask how to make scripts in mod merger dominant over the others because FNVedit only picks out conflicting scripts.

Welp.
I did say I knew as much as Jon Snow. Thank you for helping me with that one button of which I never cared to press.

-Julius Caesar

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?   [Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue? Empty

Back to top Go down

[Solved] continuing work on an esp. How to continue?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1