Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear daryl commonwealth khan hunk Call machine wolfenstein body ghoul mandalorian marvel Superpele boomers Ryse money Reforged Mask boom Overhaul power gauss vault NPCs dead riot
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:29 am

» Late Introduction
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:29 am

» Greetings!
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Which Fallout describe better post-apocalypse ?
Fallout 1
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap19%Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 9 ]
Fallout 2
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap23%Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 11 ]
Fallout Tactics
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap2%Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Fallout 3
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap23%Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 11 ]
Fallout New Vegas
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap26%Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 12 ]
Fallout 4
Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 47

AuthorMessage
Modbrah

Modbrah

Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ?   Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 am

nimlouth wrote:
@Modbrah let me (hardly) disagree with you:

Fallout 3 IS lorebreaking just from the get go when we have the BoS on the DC for unknown reasons, being that they where located on the west coast. Almost every single faction or element taken from previous games was thrown on the waste and changed in ways that broke the immersion in the world for people that actually played the previous games...

Now for "portraiting the post-apocalypse", FO3 focuses WAY too hard on the desolated and destroyed world after the war... You can make the argument that the DC was bombed/nuked to the ground and that's  why 200 years later it still remmains as a completely burned down place, but that just brings me to my point of why FO3 doesn't portraits a "post-apocalypse".

"Post" means "after"... FO3 is too apocalyptic, you get the feeling that the whole world is completely destroyed, that it remmains on that "destroyed" state and there is no progression... no progression means that you don't get to see what happens "after" the apocalypse on that what if scenario which is the point(and the charm) of the post-apocalyptic game.

I'll say again, FO1 is the best game to present the idea of post-apocalypse, from the way the settlements/factions are portrayed, the asthetics and the athmosphere of the game. Also FO3 having "more places" is just not right sorry closed eyes smile. FO3 is repetitive and bland, every place is the same and you (pay attetntion to this) never get the feeling that the world is actually alive and moving, that there's people on it. Fallout 1's intro video (the one with the TV) shows way better the game world and the post-apocalypse than Fallout 3.

I've played from head to toe all of the Fallout games, and when someone says "post-apocalyptic" scenario, I instantly recall the old Fallout's places and asthetics, not FO3's.

For the ones that didn't played Tactics, it actually felt (at least for me) strangely enough, a lot like Fallout 4 on asthetics regards, which is a good thing for both games :d.

Every time I see people make that "Fallout 3 broke the lore" argument, they always bring up the same flawed false arguments as if they didn't actually pay attention or play Fallout 3. The same brotherhood of steel argument gets brought up, when it was clearly explained why they were in the east and they even added in the Brotherhood of Stell outcasts to put extra emphasis on letting people that the original Brotherhood of Stell from the west didn't function like the one player was involved with. The other arguments I've seen made was about the Enclave, and the super mutants not making sense to be Fallout 3, which is false because they were clearly given orders to travel the world to accomplish their goal. It seems like to me that the people who claim Fallout 3 heavily broke the lore just have an negative biased towards Fallout 3. I've never seen anyone says Supermutants or the Enclave being in Fallout New Vegas was a problem, because Fallout New Vegas pays tribute to Fallout 1/2 and alot of the older fans know some of the creators of Fallout 1/2 worked on New Vegas, so those negative biased defenses isn't there and they accept it with little claims of it "breaking immersion". The concept of their being a variety of different type's of factions that expands and is not 100% like the original seems to be hard to understand yo you.

Fallout 3's world is not an "completely burned down place", which can clearly be seen if you actually explored the wasteland and found the many locations. The world is actually more detailed than Fallout 1/2, and if anything those look more "Burned down" than Fallout 3, because there's mainly only a little locations outside the cities/towns, not even any small living area's that a survivor or his group would or does live in. How could you get the feeling that the world is to "apocalyptic", when you meet people frequently and come across established full of people locations like Megaton early in the game?

"Also FO3 having "more places" is just not right sorry closed eyes smile. FO3 is repetitive and bland, every place is the same"

I'm pretty sure it's right that Fallout 3 has more places to explore and the world is more detailed than Fallout 1, which there's a wiki to compare locations if you ever wanna get factual. You claim Fallout 3's world is repetitive, but the majority of Fallout 1's world is just the the same repetitive land patterns with little locations actually there. There's only 13 locations in game. You obviously have a negative biased towards Fallout 3, which I already knew as soon as you made that false repetitive argument about the lore, but you saying this just lets me know you're moreso trying to discredit Fallout 3 and hype up Fallout 1 more than what it actually offered(as usual), rather than argue and compare the facts. I've noticed people who say things like you in the Fallout community believe what they wanna believe regardless of what facts it brought up and are delusional that like to ignore and deflect. Check the map of Fallout 1 if you're feeling factual "http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_locations". Going further with you would be a waste of time, so I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Garska

Garska

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ?   Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 11:53 am

I can see that Fallout 2 and Fallout 3 are fighting for the first place ! Which one will win ? Too close to say.

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ?   Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Fallout described better the post-nuclear live ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3