Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Mask Overhaul Reforged daryl Call dead vault wolfenstein mandalorian power gauss money Ryse khan hunk Superpele NPCs boom machine marvel commonwealth Gear ghoul riot body boomers
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:42 am

» Hello from nexus
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:06 am

» The Next fallout
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 pm

» Late Introduction
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:29 am

» Greetings!
FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
XRhino

XRhino

FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Empty
PostSubject: FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?   FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 9:24 am

Hey guys i was wondering if there was anyway i could get at least 20 fps on fnv,with enb because i get at the most 10 fps with blackout enb with adaption,detailed shadows,and Depth Of Field on,i have those on because without them my game looks like crap,so is there any major ini tweaks or really anything that could possible boost performance up to at least 15 fps? Smile -XRhino

likeitsillegal

likeitsillegal

PostSubject: Re: FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?   FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:58 pm

You could give Clean-Deluxe NV a try, since it typically gives anywhere from a 5-20% boost in performance. As for .ini tweaks, I don't think any of those would really save you. Even 20FPS is borderline unplayable. I'd be asking myself if the ENB was really worth the tradeoff.

Last edited by likeitsillegal on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eetterinakki

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?   FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 9:14 pm

XRhino wrote:
Hey guys i was wondering if there was anyway i could get at least 20 fps on fnv,with enb because i get at the most 10 fps with blackout enb with adaption,detailed shadows,and Depth Of Field on,i have those on because without them my game looks like crap,so is there any major ini tweaks or really anything that could possible boost performance up to at least 15 fps? Smile -XRhino

There's not really any magic to better performance....

Except, if you have a NVIDIA card and you haven't updated your drivers.
My performance went up for atleast 20fps after I updated my drivers the first time (from 2010 ones to the newest back then)

Most games usually require you to do this anyway, atleast if you want decent performance.

So if you do, here's a link
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

And if you don't... well, I really don't understand what's so great about ENB's anyway.
The only graphically irritating thing in the vanilla game was the orange tint, and Fellout removes that. Texture packs don't hurt performance that much, especially if you go with medium which looks good and you can keep your fade distance settings.
Another great thing is to make sure anti-aliasing is atleast 4-8x so you don't get those eye-irritating edges.
Back to top Go down
pingasmonkey

pingasmonkey

PostSubject: Re: FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?   FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 10:05 pm

You could give Onix ENB a try
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55318/?

It looks fantastic, real and doesn't consume very much fps at all, I get a 5-10 fps drop at maximum.
It's, in my opinion the best ENB for NV.

noodles1976

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?   FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:52 am

^ Totally agree with you there PingasMonkey...Onix ENB is pretty sweet with a low performance hit.

A couple of things to try if you're dead set on using Blackout ENB, open up the ENB GUI in game and sort through all the options that use 'High' settings. Change the 'High' settings to medium or low, or just disable the AO all together. You'll lose some of the visual pizzazz, but you should get a significant boost to your frame rate.

You could also disable the DoF, which also can be performance intensive, and replace the effect with Dynavison 3: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51577/? or the py Depth of Field and other effects mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35615/?

Combine those with FNVRWL by Sal203: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52037/? for a weather mod, which removes the awful tints, for a less performance intensive weather mod. Much better than Fellout, IMO. If you use TTW, there is a patch for it, which is here: http://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/fnv-realistic-wasteland-lighting . It's in the second post in the thread, the message by Kai Hohiro.

Another ENB to try out will a low performance hit is the old Midhrastic ENB. Midhras updated it in July to use the 249 binary, and looks good in both FO3 & New Vegas. I think it looks pretty good.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18107/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout3%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D18107%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Both Onix and Midhrastic work with the mods I listed above, and are good alternate substitutes for effects that are performance intensive.

Finally, I'd suggest double checking your memory settings in the ENBlocal .ini file to be sure it's set up correctly for your specific GPU. Also enabling and setting the Limiter to a lower target number of 40 or 30 (depending on what your average frame rate is) will help with the stability of your frame rate...it won't jump from 10 - 60, then back down to 25 with jarring effects. It'll stay in a butter zone for smoother game play.

Good luck and hopefully some of these suggestions will be useful to you!

N~dles

DB8

DB8

Location : You're on a need to know basis and you don't need to know where I am!

PostSubject: Re: FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?   FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:44 am

I know this topic is about helping XRhino find a good enb but you really really should not use one if your pc cannot handle it. There is not much else to it then that. 20fps is terrible, you shouldn't be using an enb. I am sure most would agree that he is better off without one. That being said if 20fps is ok for you then just keep trying enbs until you find a good one.

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?   FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 6:20 am

DB8 wrote:
I know this topic is about helping XRhino find a good enb but you really really should not use one if your pc cannot handle it. There is not much else to it then that. 20fps is terrible, you shouldn't be using an enb. I am sure most would agree that he is better off without one. That being said if 20fps is ok for you then just keep trying enbs until you find a good one.

i definitely agree with you on average i get 25fps in new vegas when i activate a enb it drops to around 7 so i never install enb's anymore
Back to top Go down
SayidJarrah

SayidJarrah

PostSubject: Re: FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?   FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 2:32 pm

You could try a game booster but that not gonna imporve it dramitically i use iobit game booster does give like a 2 fps boost but nothing major.

Also i recommend getting process lasso which if you have a quad core processor or dual processor one of them will usually be parked meaing that its not active with project lasso will allow you to unpark all processors which will help boost performance by a good bit. I would strongly recommend project lasso cause in my opinion theres not much you can tweak in the fallout.ini if you want your game to look good.

Hope you find this useful

PostSubject: Re: FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?   FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps? Empty

Back to top Go down

FNV Any ideas on how i can get 20 fps?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1