Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Promotions - How to get Mod Access

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
guan12

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:35 am

Um...guys. Aren't we supposed to be ONE community? We should be cordial with one another while on the forum - even if we disagree with what the other has to say. We shouldn't be arguing with one another on the forums, I apologize if I have to say this but it doesn't put the site in a good light to the new members.

Name your Price
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corvo

Character sheet
Name: Corvo
Faction:
Level: Colonial

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:42 am

@guan12

I like what you're saying but if the guy is such an attention whore that he wants post nonsense, he might as well do it in an overseer's inbox rather than in this topic.

DVAted is gone for a week, get over it. I don't know why he's gone, ask an overseer.

Where's the trust for the Overseers on here anyway?

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:25 am

@guan12  just because we're a community it doesn't mean we all have to stand in a circle jerking over the admins and praise everything everyone else says. Discussion, disagreements and debate are all parts of a healthy community. "Community" should not be a synonym for "circlejerk".

@Corvo you not knowing why he's gone or even who he is, yet congratulating the admins for banning him is exactly my issue, thank you for continuing to draw attention to how ignorant and blatantly serventile you are to those of a higher rank than you.

"Where's the trust for the Overseers on here anyway?"
How about you look in the last page of this topic, where everyone is taking the banning of an overseer for no discernable reason as if it was a totally normal thing

Also, Corvo giving me negative rep because you disagree with what I'm saying is against the rules of the site, then again, there's rules against arselicking too, and you've obviously been ignoring them for a while
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:07 am

@quicksilver500 I actually agree with you. We should be able to know what happened and why but as a former Sentinel, I know that a lot of shit happens without anyone knowing besides the admins. So, basically, only they know and it's most likely that they won't say what happened maybe in the hopes of trying to preserve DVAted image. I like the dude, don't get me wrong, but we often had our disagreements and I know he's not perfect. Whatever he did, have in mind that he is a good guy regardless Smile

@Corvo You shouldn't give bad rep just because you disagree with someone elses opinion. Next time, just state why you gave bad rep and let the admins judge whether you abused the rep system or not. Just a friendly advice.

And to both of you, this whole conversation may be removed so there isn't really a point to keep going. Just ignore each other and forget about this Thumbs Up

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:24 am

@quicksilver500

I gave you neg rep because you insist on starting a flame war. I agree with you! I just think that you should've contacted an Overseer instead of trying to start a flame war in this topic. I'll be sure to contact DVAted and tell him about all the love heart shit you've been writing in this topic about him.

@quicksilver500 wrote:
@Corvo if I had an orange name would you lick my arse as well? All I ever see you do is congratulate yourself and people that have similar comments to yours on how fantastic of a community you create, while praising every fart that comes out of members of higher rank. You just accept and praise their decisions without so much as a hint of a question. You have been given 0 information on why @DVated was banned, and you instantly jump to 'Somebody had to take that tiger or back and shoot it I guess." Yet I'm sure next week when he's back making announcements you'll be saying how glad you are to see him and that he should never gave been banned in the first place. You're as transparent as a fucking greenhouse you know that? I thought there were rules on here discouraging being a kissarse? I'm sure this comment will be removed for being overly aggressive or some shit, but frankly I've only been here a short time but all this false buddy buddyness is starting to get on my nerves.

You mean to say: "I've only been here a short time but my Daddy got banned and it rustles my jimmies! Waaaaahhhh!"

Friendly Advice: Being an attention whore isn't going to get an Overseer to give you answers lmfao.

Ironic how you are saying that community shouldn't mean circlejerk when you clearly are circlejerking with @mpaz96 in your teenage angst rebellion against the overseers.

My point: Yes we should have answers, but we should also trust the Overseers with their decision and stop bugging them about it. If DVAted didn't want to be suspended for a week he should've thought about that, and if he did get suspended for no reason, he's going to come back anyway to curbstomp the overseers who did ban him for a week. It's not difficult to see that, genius.

Last edited by Corvo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
praising

Character sheet
Name: Elmos Preisley
Faction: Randall & Associates
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:45 am

Transparency is forfeited when the situation in question regards mod leaks. We will not give further details because drawing attention to it was the mistake itself, as DVAted did by engaging them in the first place. We've discussed with him about his fault, and he's accepted responsibility and accepted the sanction like an adult. The rule is to not feed the trolls, even if original intent was to rebuke them. Banning an overseer may not happen that often, but it's far from being an extraordinary situation. We all follow the same rules and are subjected to the same sanctions. We don't need blind faith toward staff, we encourage feedback and collaboration, and constructive criticism may be express politely. Also, we do not encourage or support ass-kissing, and neither do we bring unnecessary drama to the public forum. If you're here for arguments and drama, you've found the wrong place. There's enough of those in day to day life. So there will be no more discussions of it here. If any of you are not pleased with this, discuss it in private with any of our Overseers.

GUNetwork is a gaming community where you come to chill and relax, not tense up and hate on each other. Nobody wants to come home from a hard day at work or school to go through a messy pile of ego and hostility. So keep the antagonist remarks to a minimum. If a problem arises, report it to a moderator or take it in private.

@Corvo and @quicksilver500 , you're both formally warned not to engage in rude squabbles like this anymore.

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:49 am

@praising thank you, now we can continue our daily lives with the answers we needed so dearly.

Character sheet
Name: Hutch
Faction: Followers of the Apocalypse
Level: 10

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Sad to see the demotions. Hopefully, they'll decide to be active once more.

Peace and love beautiful people. Stop the drama.

MorningCoffee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quicksilver500

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:23 pm

@quicksilver500 wrote:
I don't give a fuck about DVated

How much clearer do I have to be?

If you we're actually paying attention at all, my whole problem here was the fact that someone was banned, and without any reason provided, everyone accepted and stated that he deserved it all along. I don't give a fuck that it was DVated, and I don't give a fuck about what he did, I just don't like to see that kind of blind support anywhere, and I've noticed it around here more and more recently.

@Corvo wrote:
You mean to say: "I've only been here a short time but my Daddy got banned and it rustles my jimmies! Waaaaahhhh!"

No, I meant to say what I said in my original comment, I would appreciate it if you didn't project your own personality into the things that I say and pass them off as my thoughts, thank you.

In closing, I don't think you know what a circlejerk is. Two guys agreeing on something isn't a circlejerk. The word 'circlejerk' refers to "A pompous, self-congratulatory discussion where little to no progress is made.", which fits my description of your actions quite well.

I'm done with this conversation, @praising has made it clear enough what went down and that I'm to shut up and get back on topic, sorry for distracting everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corvo

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:33 pm

@quicksilver500

Tl;dr

Praising has already ended this nonsense, I'm out.

Character sheet
Name: ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇʀ
Faction: ᴅᴇʟᴛᴀ ғᴏʀᴄᴇ
Level: ∞

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:10 pm

@quicksilver500 Some people already knew the reason why. Maybe you didn't know why but that's no reason for you to assume that no one in the community knows anything.

Character sheet
Name: Kovalsky
Faction: Soviet
Level: 38

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:12 am

You guys even don't know why DV has gone and a war begins ? what is this thing ? i been out for some day and when i come back i found DVAted banned and my community partners trowing shit on other we all here are adults so we can discuss like ADULTS guys what hell ? also thanks for another colonial on our troop, in another way i sad that the tiger i out for some time, but he had made a mistake and have been an adult for accept his ban that is a good thing he will be back, of course in all orange master everyone look just to DVAted he was "THE BADASS GUY" overhere i have followed his example of resposability, afterwards like specially an overseer is not lick his boots is just being a fan like you are a fan of someone a singer for example, and holy mother of god it was REX that announced my promo

Like graphical art? Check my work here:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corvo

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:18 pm

@ConradeBear We all accept his ban. We just wanted to know why he was banned.

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Sad to see the recent amount of demotions and Dvated temporarily banned, but the rules are the same to all the members of the community. Also congrats to @maxman885 for become a colonial.

Character sheet
Name: Kovalsky
Faction: Soviet
Level: 38

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:23 pm

@Corvo i want to know this too, it's sad that they won't tell us anyway

Like graphical art? Check my work here:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerruti

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:26 pm

@Corvo @ConradeBear, after all is what is so important to know?

Maybe if you address a PM to an admin, it will reply to you.

Character sheet
Name: Siegrain
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:09 pm

There is no point in discussing this subject as it has been answered and requested to be dropped. This place is for announcing the promotions and demotions not discussing things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access   

Back to top Go down

Promotions - How to get Mod Access

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13