Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead hunk vault Gear mandalorian ghoul Mask riot Ryse wolfenstein marvel khan Superpele machine power Call Reforged money daryl Overhaul boomers commonwealth gauss boom body NPCs
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby professorlicme8 Today at 11:32

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby Xehonort Today at 1:33

» Not new, but been a long time
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 17:20

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby Elean Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 21:21

» Hey guys!!!
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby SilverInc Mon 29 Apr 2024 - 0:39

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby monke gaming Sat 27 Apr 2024 - 14:56

» A long overdue introduction
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu 25 Apr 2024 - 23:46

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby Nicward Sun 21 Apr 2024 - 4:50

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby Apoc Wed 17 Apr 2024 - 6:06

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby Meno Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 20:22

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby HardComma Thu 11 Apr 2024 - 7:42

» Hello from nexus
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby noacctname1 Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 13:54

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby BellToadTall Thu 4 Apr 2024 - 4:06

» The Next fallout
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby BellToadTall Thu 4 Apr 2024 - 4:01

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby BellToadTall Thu 4 Apr 2024 - 3:55

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby CosmoMods Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 8:52

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby Evmeister Sun 31 Mar 2024 - 23:11

» Guns you want in Fallout
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed 27 Mar 2024 - 8:21

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 21:27

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Emptyby john96 Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 16:14

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doggo

Doggo

Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Empty
PostSubject: Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question)   Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 14:36

So I'm beginning to future proof my computer, first thing I want to upgrade is my GPU. I want to buy the GTX 1080-hydro, which comes with water cooling. I really don't know much about computer hardware compatibility, so I want to know if my current computer can actually work with all that currently.
Here are my specs:
i5-4590 3.30Ghz
7.94 GB Ram
My motherboard is listed as "All series" under system info
Back to top Go down
Sage

Sage

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question)   Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 15:37

Well, The only problem I could think of is the power connectors for it. Do you have x2 8-pin power connectors cause if not, you can use the adapters that come with it that requires x4 6-pin power connectors. Shouldn't really be an issue since most modular PSU's have x6 6-pin power connectors.

+++++
Back to top Go down
Tactical DropBear

Tactical DropBear

PostSubject: Re: Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question)   Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 17:59

Nice, Upgrading is always an exciting time. Sage makes a good point about the power connectors.
Although the only true way of being 100% certain is to use a program like Speccy to check exactly what hardware you have.
And then once you've found out, Go to PCPartPicker and use their start a build tool which has a compatibility checker that will check your hardware for any conflicts and tells you exactly what the issue is. You'll have to add each part one by one but the UI is pretty easy to work with so it's not too much trouble.
But the most important pieces of hardware to add is the CPU, Motherboard, And Power supply.

If you see this:
once you've added your build, You're in the clear.

The only other thing that you might need to keep in mind is the dimensions of the graphics card and whether it will fit inside your case.

And with that, I wish you a succesful upgrade and hope I was of some help. Smile

Cheers.

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question)   Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 23:46

@Tactical DropBear Thanks a lot for the references, I'm checking it out right now Thumbs Up

edit: Got the all clear for compatibility, thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Tactical DropBear

Tactical DropBear

PostSubject: Re: Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question)   Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) EmptyWed 21 Dec 2016 - 22:43

@Doggo Sorry for the late reply, No worries mate. Happy to help. If you need a hand with anything else feel free to shoot me a PM. Good luck!

PostSubject: Re: Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question)   Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question) Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting to future proof my computer (GPU question)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1