Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
khan Ryse Overhaul marvel body Gear power commonwealth money riot boomers Call gauss NPCs Reforged hunk vault Superpele boom machine Mask daryl wolfenstein mandalorian dead ghoul
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What makes you walk away from a mod?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Overdone

Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Unrefined mods. Especially ones that have been out for a long time and the author hasn't fixed their mod. This has really only been the case with a couple armor mods, where the first person and third person textures did not match, or my character's arms did not exist in first person.

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Everything what has "Shadman" on it is a big No-No-No for me. I feel an urge to kill myself when I see it.
Back to top Go down
GumShoe

GumShoe

Character sheet
Name: Muldoon Kingsley
Faction: Desert Ranger
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 6:39 pm

I could never download or use those nonsensical skimpy armor/clothing mods. Besides that, I will not use joke mods. Though if people want to run around in a bikini with Babybat that's their prerogative not mine.

vahn65

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Kingsley\"GumShoe"Muldoon wrote:
I could never download or use those nonsensical skimpy armor/clothing mods. Besides that, I will not use joke mods. Though if people want to run around in a bikini with Babybat that's their prerogative not mine.

Pretty much this im not a prude or anything but...I am not a big fan of slooty mods becasue it breaks immersion for me. Now its okay to have an outfit that is sexy but isnt overly so. But Skimipy armor mods are still not something I invest in for skyrim or for fallout if you like it thats fine but all and all its...just not appealing to me its honestly what made me hate Fallout 3  armor mods mods a lot to many anime and skimpy armors for females not enough awesome ones for males and females . Mods that aren't lore friendly and cant be made lore friendly meaning it doesn't fit the world at all even if you tried to make up a reason why.  Like Clouds buster sword in Fallout never understood that one. and joke mods either i love looking at them but i wouldnt personal download it haha like the randy savage dragon mod its creepy and funny but i cant do it id have to delete it as soon as i saw it.

SgtSpectre

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Mods that are Usually, or atleast in my belief done in bad tastes, essentially designed to insult people or mods that tend to pay tribute to hate groups and the like... unless perhaps the hate group are the bad guys and I can hunt them down...

but other than that, I would say.. Fallout 4 as an example is a very visual game, so mods that dont look right.. either the mesh is done horrible or the textures... the sheer visuals that break immersion for me... like seeing Thomas the Train in Skyrim or fallout... those things drive me away. They arent bad, its just that the appearance I found odd...

Super OP weapons that are one hit kill that are player only.. if the mobs can get them... then its equally annoying as having 5 raiders with fully automatic never-ending MIRV Fatman are as horrible for me with either me or the mobs using them.

Overly Sexualized characters... yeah, if the proportions are to the extreme and not even in the realm of human. Like many examples posted on the Nexus where the Chest, hips, or butt are so big that they wouldn't be able to run, tumble or raise a firearm to engage a target also fall in this category for me.

With wearing overly provocative clothes... once again case by case, while traveling through the US, Europe and Asia... I have seen some crazy things that pass for clothes, and apparently local law enforcement doesn't do anything about them... though people do tend to turn their heads and take notice. So yeah clothes... its gonna be case by case..

Also, mods that require a plethora of other mods just to use... this mod requires this mod.. but that mod requires this mod.. which requires these mods.... and all I wanted were the boots....
Back to top Go down
Cpt.Rex

Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 7:52 pm

i would say i think it the same way as @SgtSpectre plus maybe mods that have lack of descriptions/informations and screenshots. when i download a mod i want to know what i download, and i like to see some screenshots to see how it looks ingame.

MonAsaX

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 8:00 pm

Any mod that breaks immersion and isn't lore friendly. I will only download a mod that isn't lore friendly if the said mod is very high quality and is in good taste. I enjoy sexy clothes mods on a case by case basis and only if the meshes and textures are good.

Sentience

Sentience

Character sheet
Name: The Lone Courier
Faction: Independent
Level: 41 /50

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 1:28 am

I'm pretty simple on this one...

If a mod has a half baked description and very few relevant photos, that's an almost instant "pass-up" from me. If you take the time to make something, then be proud of it if you're going to display it publicly, don't just slap it up and say "hey it's a mod download it"...An actual few lines of informative text can go a long way, with even 2-3 photos as the selling point.

I'm probably guilty of this on my very first few mods, but it's the people who continuously don't care that get to me. On GUN, I don't see this problem, because we all know what we're trying to accomplish as a community here.

As far as skimpy mods and lore breaking, I've worked as a bouncer at a strip club and I know that I'm just playing a game at the end of the day. I'll pass on the skimpy 99% of the time, since my character is usually a straight male in a harsh desert with bullets flying at him, but sometimes lore breaking mods are fun just for killing the monotony of only having one game I actually like playing.

Banana Dance *600th post woot woot* Banana Dance

ichigo350z

ichigo350z

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 3:59 am

Sentience wrote:
I'm pretty simple on this one...

If a mod has a half baked description and very few relevant photos, that's an almost instant "pass-up" from me. If you take the time to make something, then be proud of it if you're going to display it publicly, don't just slap it up and say "hey it's a mod download it"...An actual few lines of informative text can go a long way, with even 2-3 photos as the selling point.

I'm probably guilty of this on my very first few mods, but it's the people who continuously don't care that get to me. On GUN, I don't see this problem, because we all know what we're trying to accomplish as a community here.

As far as skimpy mods and lore breaking, I've worked as a bouncer at a strip club and I know that I'm just playing a game at the end of the day. I'll pass on the skimpy 99% of the time, since my character is usually a straight male in a harsh desert with bullets flying at him, but sometimes lore breaking mods are fun just for killing the monotony of only having one game I actually like playing.

Banana Dance *600th post woot woot* Banana Dance

I never understood when it takes soooo much time to do a mod why you would post it up with a half-assed description no screenshots. Usually that's a pretty good indicator of the quality though. I always review the comments before installing to avoid that scenario.

I've come to appreciate the lore a little bit more than I did in the past, I guess seeing batman armor really drove that home for me. I dont do building mods anymore but I love Thematic and Practical. Because IKEA isnt in the wasteland and people should be making things from JUNK
Back to top Go down
joshwist55

joshwist55

Character sheet
Name: Andrew M. Rockefeller
Faction: NCR
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 7:15 am

@Dewderson Damn Even I didn't see that power armor.

Fidller

Character sheet
Name: Edd
Faction: NCR
Level: -12

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 8:25 am

Usually nifskope stuff like nifskope weapons.

Slapping vanilla stuff together looks ugly to me

Di3sIrae

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Humm, @"ichigo350z" said mods that i would uninstall, so let's see.
If i install any mod and later i see that it somewhat do not make me happy while playing the game, then it is out. Not saying about mods that i replace for others, it happens a lot. Maybe the screenshots and description tell you one thing, and in game it is not what you expected. Poor textures too... But i usually read everything and see all the screenshots before downloading and installing anything, so less problems for me :p

But as everyone is saying mods that they would avoid downloading, well...
I like skimpy and sexy things. Yes, i enjoy pics and stuff, but for mods, i am more restrict. See, i may have a sexy nurse outfit, or even an open vaultsuit, but i dislike oversized bodies too. And loli.
See, i can even think that the character is beautifull or the body is gorgeous, but no no. Not in my game closed eyes smile
About Shadman... err, hey, i had a replacer for magazines in FO3 and NV with sexy ones, but they were nothing like... that. Having a realistic nude in magazine covers or paintings is OK for me, but anime and too much explicit pics, i pass.
I use and like the vaut guy replacer, though. I should say i prefer the 'light' mods hahah

In Skyrim, for example, i already had interest in using some SexLab mods, because of quests and other interesting mods, but never installed. Now i have OSA, and installed OSex, just to test, and i can tell that it is a very well made mod. After all, i do not consider myself a pervert, maybe i just like some things that others find weird hahah

Oh well, and i avoid anything that i see that is not well made, or not interest me. Or mods that have a good idea but users tell that is buggy or even doesn't work in a way i find usefull for me.

It all ends in what we like or not :p

zoro4661

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 5:56 pm

I think a bunch of you misunderstood the question. It was
ichigo350z wrote:
What makes you uninstall a mod?
Not "What makes you not download a mod".

Anyway, the only two reasons for me to uninstall a mod are if:
  1. It doesn't work, and I can't make it work, even when using the GECK, Console Commands and the description and comments on the mod page, and/or

2. I finished it. I always install six weapon mods, at least one clothing mod, at least one companion and at least one quest mod. When I'm done with the quest(s), I uninstall what I don't want to keep, and keep whatever I want to keep.

Di3sIrae wrote:
After all, i do not consider myself a pervert, maybe i just like some things that others find weird hahah
Let's be honest @Di3sIrae, we're all perverts in some way or another. Just about everyone on planet earth is.
Back to top Go down
Di3sIrae

Di3sIrae

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 8:25 pm

@"zoro4661" That is true hahaha

Well, you said something i thought about but don't know. Quest mods. In Skyrim i have lots of them, and all installed, even after i finish, because most add itens that you can use after. Sometimes i don't even use the items, but keep the mod on anyway. I don't know, i just can't take off them, because they are part of the world after i initiated hahaha

zoro4661

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 10:29 pm

That makes sense, acutally. I was talking mostly about Fallout New Vegas, since I don't play Skyrim much anymore (it's become so unstable that I can't play it for more than five minutes), and there I'm more of a "Start playing, finish mods, stop playing" kind of guy, since I already finished just about everything in it that I want to finish.

In Skyrim though, I haven't played many Quest mods. The only ones I can remember are Dungeon mods and Interesting NPCs, which does much more than adding Quests.
There's just so much stuff in Skyrim that I've never done, Quest mods never really came to mind. And when they did, I never found any that seemed good.
Back to top Go down
dobrien114

dobrien114

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 11:20 pm

I use mostly weapon mods, so for me any misalignment with sights = uninstall, unless its only off by a minuscule amount. I also dont like the 4x type scopes with wrong reticles and when you aim down the sights, theres the black background and you only see through a big circle on the screen. I like realism for weapons, its a must for me, it immerses me more.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 12:37 am

Because the question is a little vague, I'm going to answer it in two ways. "What makes me walk away from a mod I've downloaded" and "what makes me walk away from a mod I'm deciding whether or not I want to download".

What makes me walk away from a mod I've downloaded

I'm generally very picky about what mods I will download from the get-go.
Those that trickle through my picky radar will be given a fair assessment thereafter.
Generally, I will discard a mod if I find it to be incompatible with more salient mods in my load order. I will drop a mod from my mod list if I notice problems that cannot be resolved after testing. I will also walk away from a mod that I find to be unlorefriendly after testing or perhaps one that destroys performance even on my 980Ti rig, which I'm always happy to brag about (bleh).

What makes me walk away from a mod I'm deciding whether or not I want to download

I usually 'Track' an awful lot of mods on the Nexus with a view to checking them out at a later point. I always, always, always read the description and check the forums first for mention of bugs. If the mod then poses a potential conflict I will run a search for compatibility. If I find that it's more trouble than it's worth then I will walk away from the mod.

With big quest mods, I always, if I can, try and watch a few Let's Play videos of the mod in question and get a feel for it. See how well made it is, how bug (or not) it is, how good the story and voice acting is, etc. I also wish to know if it 'works' for the character I will be roleplaying. One reason I dropped Skyrim's Wyrmstooth with one character, for example, is because I had to deal with an Imperial quest giver and my character hated Imperials. I like to make sure mods make sense in my load order.

I may, but not always, walk away from downloading a mod if the installation is of labyrinthian proportions. I can't be dealing with mods that require 10 other mods and 4 tools that need to be installed in order of prime numbers or some such. Modding is already patience testing as it is. The only exceptions to this are Skyproc patches, but I'm pleased to say I use few of them these days.

I loathe companion mods that look like glamour models. I find it degenerate that there are so many that hit the top files. Sad, sad, sad and pathetic. Some people need to get out more. Nowadays sexually repressed loser teens can [insert dickish statement here]

Like mixtape69 said, I'm not massively keen on overly tactical, modern day weapon and armor mods for Fallout. I prefer the more lorefriendly, no-frills kinds of weaponry.

Incidentally, one mod that I can't drop from Skyrim is Roderick Redbeard even though it totally breaks Mjoll (the only follower I actually like in Skyrim). I think he overwrite some of her dialogue so she's silent. I can't drop it though because it's so good. Wish Someguy2000 would fix it! Sad

And... the hell is Shadman?

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
AshurForrester

AshurForrester

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 3:10 am

TL;DR Bad Retextures

For me, it's usually when something has "solid textures". I'm not sure what the proper term is but it's when a texture is just one colour. No shading. No blending. Just one gross looking texture with no detail whatsoever. Nexus is littered with absolute garbage retextures. It was one of the reasons why I came over to GUN.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people trying to dabble with mods for their first time, but surely people have to notice or realize that it's been done thousands upon thousands of times before and it just pollutes the "Browse Files" tab that stops quality mods from getting any attention, or atleast less attention that they should.

zoro4661

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 3:32 am

TheHermit wrote:
And... the hell is Shadman?
Shädman is an artist who specializes in porn. Much of his work has taboo subjects (animals, family, underage, stuff like that), but it's always drawn well (he's actually a pretty good artist), making him famous on the internet. When Fallout 4 came out, he made his own version of the Vault Boy and Sole Survivor - I believe he called her Vault Meat - to use in his images. Shortly after someone made a Vault Boy replacer Mod with that character, with the pictures ranging from tame to very much not safe for work, and people have started using some of his pictures for retextures of the magazines in Fallout 4 and New Vegas.

Hey, you asked.

Last edited by zoro4661 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 6:01 am

Probably what you said. Bad retextures and mods with multiple requirements. I don't mind HD retextures or even unique/good looking ones. However I hate ones that are a simple change of color. There has to be some kind of depth.

As for the multiple requirements. I don't mind two...maybe three. But when a mod says I need like four to six different mods. Then it turns me away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes you walk away from a mod?   What makes you walk away from a mod? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What makes you walk away from a mod?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next