Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Nevada Skies sound issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nichoice

PostSubject: Nevada Skies sound issue   Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:47 am

Just prior any storm effect happening i.e. dust storm or rain, a small snippet of the incoming sound effect plays at full volume. So a big crackle or rain sound, then silence, then weather starts to change and takes full effect.

I have only have one other thread on steam http://steamcommunity.com/app/22380/discussions/0/34095131872046492/ of which others have reported this, however no solution was advised.

Anyone else ever have this occur?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Six
Faction: Helljumpers
Level: 32

PostSubject: Re: Nevada Skies sound issue   Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:49 am

Load Order/Colliding esp issue? I never have a problem, though I do sometimes pick up static but the sounds are pretty clear. If you have Interior Lighting Overhaul, there might be an issue with that, to which there is a patch readily available.

nichoice

PostSubject: Re: Nevada Skies sound issue   Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:02 am

I have all the patches I am pretty sure, including Interiors Rewritten ILO patch.

Nexus forums seems to have a few people having the same bug. It only occurs just before the corresponding weather occurs, they describe it like a loud static, loud wind like noise or even thunder. And it plays for only a split second.

I have done the usual troubleshoots, gone through it all with FNVedit. Which version are you using of Nevada Skies? And do you use ILO as well?

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nevada Skies sound issue   Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:58 am

I use the latest patch of Nevada skies, and another thing is I usuallu use the Western and Winter Mood setting. I also set the frequency of storms very low and that has helped out alot. I also have ILO, with Luck 38 patch, and in the load order, near the end, I list Nevada Skies third to last, then the patch for ILO, and then I place ILO last.

nichoice

PostSubject: Re: Nevada Skies sound issue   Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:43 am

There are quite alot of posts about this but there doesn't seem be a consensus for resolving the issue. I unpacked and checked the sound files and they are all fine, everything else is running fine.

So I gave up, the only reason I was using it was because of an ENB required it. Without it the skies were blindingly bright. But I can adjust for that under Sky in ENB.

Problem is I want alternating weather but i don't fully understand how ENBs are coded to dynamic change their lighting say when it rains. By applying another weather mod over the ENB all I get is heavy run but bright as hell sunny day lol.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nevada Skies sound issue   Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:30 am

@nichoice Yeah, thatbwas a particular reason why I gave up on the use of ENBS and went for a wad load of retextures and weather packs

nichoice

PostSubject: Re: Nevada Skies sound issue   Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:45 pm

I recently bought a new GPU, so ENB isn't a problem for me. Currently I am running Dynamo ENB with my own tweaks without Nevada skies.

Not that I don't like Nevada skies but the whole point of installing the mod was for the immersion and the sound issue I am having is just too  immersion breaking.

Last edited by nichoice on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nichoice

PostSubject: Re: Nevada Skies sound issue   Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:46 pm

Sorry double post, I am on mobile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nevada Skies sound issue   Today at 9:56 am

Back to top Go down

Nevada Skies sound issue