Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear boom FCOM space Superpele mandalorian Mask dead Ryse ghoul vault marvel khan NPCs upgrades boomers hunk wolfenstein commonwealth Call machine daryl body Reforged money riot
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

So long, and thanks for all the fish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

So long, and thanks for all the fish Empty
PostSubject: So long, and thanks for all the fish   So long, and thanks for all the fish EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 8:10 pm

2 years ago, my friend xxShepardxx suggested that I sign up for a little site called VGU.  Some of you may have heard of it.

And now, 2 years later, the time has come to say goodbye.  I had originally typed up a massive, 1400+ word post detailing the reasons behind this decision - but as I proofread and revised it, I decided the original was just too negative.  The short, polite version of that wall of text is that the 'modding' chapter of my life has come to an end.  And with it, my tenure here should as well.

I've dedicated nearly 5 years to this hobby, learning what seemed like an endless amount of stuff.  In the past 2 especially, I achieved some things that I'm very proud of.  But Fallout 4 is upon us, a game that I don't particularly like now that the hype has worn off.  And so instead spending years pouring stuff into yet another game, I'm going to focus my energy on other things.  Like writing and fitness, both of which I've grown increasingly obsessed with in recent months.

So, to the friends I've made here, thank you for being amazing people that helped make this place one of my favorite to visit.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge, and for treating me with enough respect to allow me to share mine.  I'm not always an easy person to deal with - no one knows that better than I do.  But I've never had anything but the best interests of this place at heart.

And to the select few who sign up with malicious intent (leaking mods)... there are a whole lot of awesome projects, for many games, that will never be publicly released because of people like you.  So maybe instead of being ***holes, try to show the people that do this stuff a little respect.  

I'm not fishing for comments (good or bad) or 'testimonials' or whatever by making this topic, and so my final act as a sentinel of GUN will be to lock it - and I request that it remain locked.  The only reason I am posting this at all, is because I've been here long enough that it would be lame to permanently disappear without explanation.  There's a few PMs I need to send, so I may be around here and there for a day or so.  Probably should have done that first but hey, I'm nothing if not ass-backwards.

Anyway, with those things said, goodbye, GUN.  It was mostly a lot of fun... mostly.

Tesvixen
Back to top Go down

So long, and thanks for all the fish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1