Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine marvel boomers money daryl space khan mandalorian commonwealth dead upgrades Mask wolfenstein Superpele Gear FCOM vault ghoul body NPCs hunk boom Ryse riot Call Reforged
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
FieldPyro

FieldPyro

Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??   Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 1:41 pm

I dont think they are evil, they just have a different way of thinking and different set of morals. At least they arent as headstrong as the brotherhood ^__^

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??   Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 1:59 pm

I couldn't leave this topic without bits of silly humor.
Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 JgO6l5Y
Back to top Go down
SgtSpectre

SgtSpectre

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??   Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 5:37 pm

@Dio Brando

alright.. and huh?
little lost here with that

You expected a statue... and got a dude hitting a microwave, a dude pointing and smoking a cigar and a car that was overturned by a mob in... Greece?

Last edited by SgtSpectre on Mon May 23, 2016 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GenericRifleman

GenericRifleman

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??   Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 5:44 pm

@SgtSpectre

I think what he meant was, and I'm pretty sure it's a joke, he expected a thoughtful debate on the topic. What he got was pure anarchy with people either being completely for the Institute, undecided, or straight up hating them.

Personally I think the Institute is evil, simply because people that smart shan't be that daft when it comes to the consequences of their actions. They're not improving humanity, they're replacing it. Kinda like an invader replacing citizens of another nation with loyal subjects to him.
Back to top Go down
SgtSpectre

SgtSpectre

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??   Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 6:23 pm

@AceofSnakes

ah cool thanks for breaking it down

the small picture meme things just always struck me as odd

FieldPyro wrote:
I dont think they are evil, they just have a different way of thinking and different set of morals. At least they arent as headstrong as the brotherhood ^__^

Different way of thinking?  Please explain?

and being headstrong/ not be indecisive isnt really a bad thing.

COME ON PEOPLE!
Really hoping for an in-depth discussion here where people present their answer and the reasons behind it
not just a couple words or single sentence... and the reasons should be more than just ambiguous please, not directing any of this at anyone just wanting a discussion...

Last edited by SgtSpectre on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VenomStingerGaming

VenomStingerGaming

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??   Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 3:01 am

The Institute isn't necessarily evil, but it isn't good either.

They want to help humanity, but they have a bad way of doing it.
Back to top Go down
SgtSpectre

SgtSpectre

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??   Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 3:48 am

@VenomStingerGaming

ahh, ok how were they guiding humanity?
Do the ends always justify the means?
Back to top Go down
Limitlessness

Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??   Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 4:39 am

In my personal opinion, I would label them as evil. It is important to keep in mind that evil is a construct of personal bias, ethics and perception. What may be considered evil to one individual can be considered a normality to others.

I consider the Institute to be similar to the Enclave in this respect. Both are shadowy organisations that operate beneath the surface and act upon their own agenda, irrespective of the consequences these actions have upon others. These organisations follow their agenda while under the impression that their cause is for the betterment of humanity and the greater good. In the Enclave's case, their agenda fell along the lines of eugenics and mass genocide in order to allow the "pure" humans to take back the wasteland. In the Enclave's eyes their actions were for the preservation of humanity and the "greater good." To many wastelanders, the Enclave would be a genocidal threat and therefore evil. The Enclaves experiments and disregard to morality accumulates to their evil nature. This also parallels with Vault-Tec's experiments within their program in that it is morally questionable and very evil. Both causes were under the guise of the preservation of humanity. This is where the institute must be considered. The Institute has access to some of the finest technology mankind has ever wielded. They also have a pool of the Wastelands greatest minds. From my experience, that is where their benefits end. The Institute tends to scoff at non-intellectual (average) wastelanders; often considering them as contaminated and impure humans. Another factor to consider is the fact that the institute pulls the strings in the commonwealth by inserting themselves into the governing bodies of settlements. The institute will perform kidnappings/replacements of wastelanders whilst they operate in the shadows by controlling the actions of wasteland politics. The institute views the commonwealth as a hopeless eyesore among the consensus of many of its members. While some members actually aim to help the commonwealth it is clouded by poor judgement. My final argument would be their abuse of synths. While I was suspicious of synths and understood both the Railroads and the Brotherhoods opinions on this matter, the prevailing factor still remains. The institute is "abusing" technology. In the eyes of the Railroad, this abuse equates to enslavement. To the Brotherhood, the Institute abuses technology by attempting to recreate humans in their own ways while ensnaring the commonwealth under their methods of governance. To the average wastelander, the Institute is most likely seen as a regime that pulls strings, kidnaps people, infiltrates settlement governments, and wan't to wipe out the commonwealth. Either way unless the player intervenes, the Commonwealth is the Institutes sandbox.

To me, the Institute is no different than the Enclave and Vault-Tec in the sense that they flaunt themselves under the misnomer of the greater good. They are evil in their own unique way. Then again one could argue the same against the Brotherhood of Steel, The Railroad and the NCR. Evil is determined by the eyes and ethics of the viewer. But then again, what are your ethics? Evil actions aren't as black and white as they appear. Thinking

SgtSpectre

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??   Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 5:46 am

@Limitlessness Thumbs Up

Wow! Very well put with reasons, incidents that have happened and a nod to social norms....

I can only wonder what a person would live through/ be raised to view such actions as acceptable?

once again awesome posting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??   Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil?? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4: Is the institute Evil??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3