Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse NPCs ghoul FCOM wolfenstein upgrades marvel commonwealth dead vault hunk Call khan Superpele boomers space mandalorian machine body Gear daryl boom riot money Reforged Mask
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
 fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Abazor

Abazor

fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:21 am

I personally prefer the Commonwealth, it's more interesting than a desert in New Vegas. However the way factions and things were placed was better in New Vegas, if that makes sense. Also, the sound design when walking through the commonwealth is just fantastic, it feels like a warzone.
Back to top Go down
cordelionreaver

cordelionreaver

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:37 pm

The Mojave. What people keep forgetting is that the apocalypse happened 200 years ago. There should be alot more rebuilding.
Back to top Go down
flamenx01

flamenx01

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:59 pm

cordelionreaver wrote:
The Mojave.  What people keep forgetting is that the apocalypse happened 200 years ago.  There should be alot more rebuilding.

I agree. Fallout is meant to be post-post-apocalyptic. Bethesda haven't so far got the civilisation part of fallout right so far.
Back to top Go down
haloruler1449

haloruler1449

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 7:15 pm

I personally love the wild west feel of the Mojave, jamming out to Jingle Jangle as you discover lore rich locations (which Fallout 4 lacks, to be honest) all with their own little mysteries.

Young Alek

Character sheet
Name: Daniel "Six" Mercer
Faction: Neutral
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Mojave by far! You can't throw a stone in the Commonwealth without hitting a raider. And deathclaws? CHAMELEON deathclaws? At least most deathclaws hang around Quarry Junction in the Mojave. Plus, with NCR presence in the Mojave, it's probably a lot safer, too. And I'm sure life would be great without the constant fear of being replaced by a Synth haunting you.

De3ta

De3ta

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 4:31 pm

As a Post apocalyptic Place I'd give that distinction to the Commonwealth.

But when it comes to setting and atmosphere The Mojave wins no doubt.

The Old west feel combined with the actual progress of civilization in the wastes is too good to not choose. That's not to say it's all the Mojave has to offer either.

Unlike the Commonwealth it feels like each band of raiders has some identity other than just "Raiders".

In practice that's what the fiends were, but that touch of personality with the chems. the energy weapons. and an actual named NPC you could talk to to gain insight into their culture is something I felt fallout 4 lacked.

Sure the Terminal entry's that changed a little depending on what you did to other rider groups was nice, but still had the rank and file be rather dull.

I want more like the Forged with their own identity along side the more generic raider rabble. Can't have them all be crazy cultist after all.

The place i'd live in would also have to go to the Mojave, even if the heat will be a special hell. Because you at least have some places safe enough from raiders and the creatures of the wasteland that doesn't have the Diamond city assholes.

Back to top Go down
flamenx01

flamenx01

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:31 pm

De3ta wrote:

Unlike the Commonwealth it feels like each band of raiders has some identity other than just "Raiders".  

I want more like the Forged with their own identity along side the more generic raider rabble.  Can't have them all be crazy cultist after all.

That's definitely something that can be fixed once the GECK is out. The mooks of the wasteland need some explanation for shooting at you (like why are the gunners against you?).
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:53 pm

The Mojave was so dull and boring, I really still can't see the appeal of it. Just the same old dust and dirt feel everywhere you go, it gets tiring after awhile. The Commonwealth isnt perfect either, the set pieces get really copy and paste a lot of the times, If anything i would say neither and go with Fallout 2's map.
Back to top Go down
NewVegasMerc

NewVegasMerc

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 7:00 pm

Alright I loved the commonwealth and D.C because I feel it was cooler to be fighting in the ruins of this old crumbling city. However I loved the cowboy/wild west feel the Mojave gave me. So for me I think it is commonwealth over the Mojave. However I still love all the gameworlds a lot.

De3ta

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 7:04 pm

Kira Yoshikage wrote:
The Mojave was so dull and boring, I really still can't see the appeal of it. Just the same old dust and dirt feel everywhere you go, it gets tiring after awhile. The Commonwealth isnt perfect either, the set pieces get really copy and paste a lot of the times, If anything i would say neither and go with Fallout 2's map.

In the end that's the real kicker. Both New Vegas and 4 have things they do great, but leave the other's strengths to be wanting.

New Vegas had a problem with the interesting Locations to explore, but made up for it with the writing.

On the other hand, Fallout 4 has many great and interesting locations just waiting to be discovered when you play through it. But the Quests themselves are lacking.

What I'm saying is the dream fallout game would be if Bethesda Hired Obsidian's writers to work on their games. At the very least Fallout.

But with that being a Pipe dream at best, We just have to settle for what we got. Which is still pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Limitlessness

Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 7:38 pm

I found the Mojave to be rather dull despite the tensions regarding the factions vying for control of New Vegas. Although the Mojave had its share of dangers (Cazadors) I didn't find it so engaging due to the lack of scenery and urban density. The Commonwealth contained a plethora of buildings to enter, scavenge, and explore. There were some really cool set pieces inside. Scavenging inside of the city always entailed some threatening moment. I could go around a block and run into a group of raiders, mutants, gunners, or (if I'm lucky) scavengers. The Commonwealth felt like it was alive whereas the Mojave desert was a mere carcass. I loved the wild west theme of New Vegas but the chaotic and characterized nature of the Commonwealth really grew on me. It reminded me of the Capital Wasteland yet it had its own unique identity. There is so much potential within the Commonwealth regarding interior expansion due to the urban density. The Mojave felt like it was more tamed, civilized and politically focused while the Commonwealth focused on survival, entropy and rebuilding. The Commonwealth experience was reminiscent of the Capital Wasteland minus the green filter. I still can't wait to play around with the creation kit upon its release.

Wonderwaffle33

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 9:04 pm

I'm Shippin up to Boston, so the Commonwealth wins here.

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Ima have to go for Mojave Desert, spent years messing about in Goodsprings, Novac ect, god damn i miss them places, the commonwealth is great and all, im loving the hanging moss ridden buildings, the inner city and the vibrant over looking sky lines of the city itself, but it feels like it lacks something, the Mojave had a set trail you would follow of main settlements, i feel i lack something in the Commonwealth, besides Diamond city and Goodneighbor i feel like thats about it so ima have to go for the Mojave 0.0
Back to top Go down
KaosPotatoGamer

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Definitely the Mojave desert. It's just got this feeling to it that you can't really explain, but the Commonwealth just doesn't have that special feeling to it.

skydoeshalo

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 5:27 am

the desert for sure it just has a lot more stuff to do in my opinion

The killer_rifle18

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am

I liked New Vegas, but the Mojave just seemed really dull and boring to me. It's definitely the Commonwealth for me.
Back to top Go down
Lôke-khan K.B.

Lôke-khan K.B.

Character sheet
Name: Bronx
Faction: NCR
Level: 77

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2016 9:29 pm

I make more fun exploring the Mojave Desert, for me the Mojave desert is more realistic when it comes to post-apocalyptic landscape.
Back to top Go down
baba10110

baba10110

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:57 pm

I prefer the Mojave desert, there is more interesting places to explore than the Commonwealth.
Furthermore I prefer the Legion and the NCR than the Commonwealth factions.
Back to top Go down
Crash244

Crash244

Character sheet
Name: Barrabus The Grey
Faction: D.D.D.
Level:

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2016 11:26 pm

I also prefer the Mojave Desert due to me living in Vegas. I will never forget my home Very Happy

rojok2

Character sheet
Name: Johan
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:18 am

Commonwealth for the setting, Mojave for the stories and characters that inhabit it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?    fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

fallout - Mojave desert or the commonwealth ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next