Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead space Reforged NPCs mandalorian vault boom FCOM machine Call wolfenstein commonwealth khan Mask Gear riot Ryse upgrades ghoul marvel body money Superpele boomers hunk daryl
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 3:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 6:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
How does your Fallout feel? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How does your Fallout feel?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JSev33

JSev33

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

How does your Fallout feel? Empty
PostSubject: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 3:51 am

We put endless mods into our Fallout games and turn them into something different. You can take your military guns, flyable vertibird, and high-tech armor, and turn your world into a post apocalyptic military stomping ground, or collect mods that make your game hell, with loot nowhere to be found, smart enemies, and terrifying monsters. Then again, you can add a potato launcher and naked people everywhere and just make the world a giant joke. How do you guys think Fallout is "supposed" to feel?

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:00 am

I think it's supposed to feel like a cowboy.. wasteland-ish kinda deal which is how my game mostly is right now, i didn't really mod too much into it other then a few morden guns from millenia.
Back to top Go down
metalrock9271

metalrock9271

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:07 am

Mines...Mines feels like,what a real post-apocalypse would feel like.
Y'know like I can't fast travel, I have to walk, and my biggest concern isn't the raiders, it's food.
It's a lot more immerse, and beating the main quest doesn't take like 3 Hours, not uh, for me it takes, real long time!
Some Car actually work, I'm more likely to use a melee weapon, then a gun,just everything,you just don't leave your house with your guns, you've got be prepared.
Heck with the way I play, you wouldn't be able to tell that I was even playing a Fallout game!

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:09 am

I think FWE does a great job of "Fallouting" FO3 - sleeping, eating and hydration go a long way towards immersion IMO, particularly in a big, post-apocalyptic sandbox.

Everybody has their druthers, of course, but for me, I like a mix of the high tech with the lo-fi; I feel that particular strain of juxtaposition stays true to the intent of the continuity...
Back to top Go down
JSev33

JSev33

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:11 am

toolio20 wrote:

Everybody has their druthers, of course, but for me, I like a mix of the high tech with the lo-fi; I feel that particular strain of juxtaposition stays true to the intent of the continuity...

This is what I have now, but I really want my game to have a truly desperate feel. I wish there were more mods with scrapped together, crude, improvised weapons made with same quality as Millenia's weapons or the one's from RSA.

Marcos A

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:10 am

Well for me Fallout 3 is supposed to be a 40s-50s post apocalyptic world which Bethesda did a good job representing. I dont mod Fallout 3 and i don't think i ever will because i like it too much to do that. New Vegas on the other hand i mod but i think its supposed to feel western like and it retains some aspects of its 50s-60s era setting well at least i think it does. I don't like to mod too too much , most of the mods i have are armor and weapons with a few graphical enhancements. Sometimes i feel like i have more than enough mods so whenever i want to get that vanilla experience feel i just dont use my modded weapons or armors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:17 am

Mine feels like the alpha or beta of a sequel to an alternate reality-Mass Effect 3 that didn't have a sh***y ending, done in Fallout 3's engine, in which I play as Samus Aran.

/goes crosseyed
Back to top Go down
Izaya Uchiha

Izaya Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:24 am

At the moment my Fallout New Vegas feels like a zombie apocalypse because of the zombie mod I have.
Back to top Go down
PyroMitch

PyroMitch

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:31 am

Feels like how it should feel if you want to feel like the most powerful badass in all the LAND
Back to top Go down
JSev33

JSev33

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:53 am

Tesvixen wrote:
Mine feels like the alpha or beta of a sequel to an alternate reality-Mass Effect 3 that didn't have a sh***y ending, done in Fallout 3's engine, in which I play as Samus Aran.  

/goes crosseyed

Right now, this one's right up my alley. Mine currently feels like a futuristic sequel to Dishonored where Corvo is thrown into a political furnace in which stealth and a silver tongue are his main weapons, seeing as somehow even fiends are sharpshooters with military training and weaponry. And all I have is Corvo's pistol, crossbow, outift (courtesy of Dragbody), some powers, and my wits. It's a tense place.

The issue I have with FNV is that it tries to do too much. There's a military theme, a western theme, a post-apocalyptic survival theme, a sci-fi theme, and a 50's theme (much weaker in FNV than it was in FO3). Personally, I want a desolate and isolated feel, with scared survivors stuck in a 1950's red scare mindset (without all the sexism and racism) constantly teetering between trying to rebuild and tearing themselves apart.

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:02 am

I thought Dishonored was a great game, aside from the forced morality mechanic.

Played through it 2 times, once with high chaos and once with low enough to get the 'happy' ending.
Back to top Go down
gasmasklover

gasmasklover

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:46 am

It feels like a nuclear wasteland! But besides that I would say more of a shootem up game because of how I like to get to the power armor and energy weapons (Unless I am modding). But when playing hardcore or what ever it was it was a much more survival based game.

Back to top Go down
http://burnie.com/
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:03 am

hm my fallout feels like a metro "hazard-all-over-the-place" style game, I walk, I don't fast travel, I like scarce loot, low-tech weaponry, full body armours (anything that makes me look like in a hazmat suit) and travelling mostly underground using AWOP, however, when I do go topside, I always wear my mask...nothing like walking around a dead place with only a few rounds, deadly cazadores and my own breath...though I would love to have some suggestions as to how to make my game more "apocalyptic"

JSev33

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:42 am

Tesvixen wrote:
I thought Dishonored was a great game, aside from the forced morality mechanic.  

Played through it 2 times, once with high chaos and once with low enough to get the 'happy' ending.

I actually don't mind the morality thing. I'd actually like if decisions to kill in Fallout had more heft to them besides lowering Karma (which really does nothing) and cutting off quests. There should be unforgivable crimes and unforgettable deeds. You can give all the hobos all the purified water ever, but if you blow up Megaton, full of innocent people, you don't get to come back from that. People would see you as a murderer feebly trying to redeem him/herself. Likewise, people may be forgiving of your petty theft if they know you saved a bunch of orphans from abusive slavers from Paradise Falls.

Shadow wrote:

hm my fallout feels like a metro "hazard-all-over-the-place" style game, I walk, I don't fast travel, I like scarce loot, low-tech weaponry, full body armours (anything that makes me look like in a hazmat suit) and travelling mostly underground using AWOP, however, when I do go topside, I always wear my mask...nothing like walking around a dead place with only a few rounds, deadly cazadores and my own breath...though I would love to have some suggestions as to how to make my game more "apocalyptic"

This is, in my opinion, how Fallout is "supposed" to be. To make topside even more horrifying, I'd definitely get MoMod (though I think it could do with more humanoid abominations and less "hellhounds", which are EVERYWHERE). And I'd use Nevada Skies with only the most violent and/or obscuring weather options enabled (like rad storms and Silent Hill's fog).

SpartaRanger

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:13 pm

mine feels quite immersive because i use realistic bullet damage mods and enhanced camera but i also would like to make my fallout a bit more apocalyptic

SpartaRanger

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:16 pm

and im not sure if old world enb is compatible with nevada skies

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:18 pm

@JSev33 Actually the mobs are not that much of a deal breaker (I mean, I already run monster mods) but the thing that kinda kills it off for me a bit is the horizontal orientation of the map, there are little exceptional places (vault 22 for example) but other than that it really feels a lot like vanilla oblivion where there was nothing really standing out, the world itself doesn't come close to any "dangerous" looking thing for me, possibly because it wasn't intend to be one, but I have high hopes for the upcoming winter mod and the frontier (weijisen-hope I didn't misspell the name- and maybenexttime) to change this Very Happy

Dr. Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Mine has always felt like the cluttered mess with all my merged mods together into a blob...and to be honest I generally only go around wearing the same outfit...using the same weapon...so yeah...I like to have my cake and eat it too!

So getting back to how it feels...like an episode of Hoarders!

Smile

Film Noir Discussion Thread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:30 pm

I used to use a bunch of mods too Gonzo, but I found that wrecked my stability after a certain point... so now I primarily use my own mods, an ENB, stuff that adds more creatures or enemies to fight, and weather mods and that's about it.

As tempting as it is to download all the awesome armor/race mods (like those on this site), I don't because I'd want to make NPCs out of all of them and that would take an eternity. Sad
Back to top Go down
gman56

gman56

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Mine feels like a war zone. So many factions fighting each other. The NCR duking it out with the Legion or the Fiends. Guns firing everywhere and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does your Fallout feel?   How does your Fallout feel? Empty

Back to top Go down

How does your Fallout feel?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next