Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk FCOM Gear money mandalorian Mask space riot boomers ghoul NPCs upgrades dead boom marvel body machine Reforged Call Superpele vault wolfenstein khan Ryse daryl commonwealth
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Favorite and least favorite companions? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Favorite and least favorite companions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

Favorite and least favorite companions? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:16 am

For me, it would to be Macready, Deacon, Dogmeat, Paladin Danse, and Piper.

Macready gets extra points cause he was the mayor of Little Lamplight in FO3. He is also really cool. He has the merc atitude, but is not gonna ANYTHING for money. He has morals.

Deacon has a lot of quirks about him that are really cool. He can randomly change into different outfits to blend in. He is also a good sneaking buddy. He also reminds me a lot of the Vincent Vincent companion mod for FNV...just less coo coo and less hopped up on drugs.

Dogmeat is a lot more fleshed out this time and has a lot of helpful abilities. He can sniff out anything for you, so when you're searching for loot, or just want to know if there is any enemies nearby, he is very useful. He can also hold onto enemies(not all I think) so you can get a better shot at killing them. He is also just SO CUTE! Another cool thing is that he will love endlessly no matter what actions you do... unlike some companions...*cough Strong cough cough*

Paladin Danse is a pretty cool soldier when you first meet him. He seems like a standard BoS soldier ready to fight for what he believes in, but when you get to know better, he is a great character, especially at that one big event,
Spoiler:
. He is also a absolute beast in combat.

Piper is an awesome character. She is very quirky and heartfelt. She is the love interest for my character. She also gives sweetrolls, so that's extra points for me.

My least favorite companion would have to be Preston, and the thing is, I don't even hate him the slightest bit. He is actually a pretty cool character. It is just that out of all the companions, he seems to be my least favored.

Pickpox111

Pickpox111

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 4:11 pm

You seem to have gotten around to a lot of the companions already.  Nice work.  I've only been able to try out Dogmeat, Piper, Curie and Cait (sp?).  Like you said, Preston seems decent enough, but I'm just not interested.  I passed up Danse.  He's a bit too hardcore for me. The "Do what I say, when I say, no questions" attitude is a bit much.  Deacon seems alright.

The thing is, Dogmeat is the most useful companion.  I also love that he has no negative responses to my actions.  Cait and Curie had something to say about almost everything I did.  It was annoying.  

Piper is my favorite.  Though, she's tough if you decide to deviate from a hero's path.  She's awesome though.  Dogmeat comes in second place.  Only thing I don't like about the dog is the excessive whining.  The high pitch sound gets old fast.

Down the road I hope to try out all companions, just to see how it is.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
AceGoober

AceGoober

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 5:57 am

Favorite: Cait. She's got a hell of a personality, has the funniest sayings out of all the companions and is one tough cookie. She takes a lot of beating before going down.

Least Favorite: Toss-up between Dogmeat, Curie
Spoiler:
and Codsworth. No matter what I do these three seem to pick the worst time to move in front of me. My character has been killed or seriously injured because of these idiots.

Patriot 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) 2133 @ 11-11-11-27
eVGA GTX Titan X @ Stock
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - O/S
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - Storage
Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply
Thermaltake Core X9 Chassis
Samsung UD590 3840 x 2160
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 6:15 am

I love Curie. She's cute, especially combined with the French accent. Disco

Least favorite? If I have to make one I'd say Strong. I don't really hate the dude I just don't find him interesting.

kn5002

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 7:19 am

I like Nick Valentine as my favorite companion for his personality,story and morals.

My least favorite companion is Strong. I don't find him interesting and he dislike everything I do in the game.
Back to top Go down
Girspoon

Girspoon

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:28 am

Curie has the only voice I like but
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
oldboy

oldboy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:51 am

definitely macready. i was so surprised when he said he was the mayor of little lamplight...i was like "WTF, that little punk grew up this much!?".

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:59 am

I've only really used dogmeat, curie and codsworth and I gotta say I like them all.

Although I had to shake my head and giggle when I had codsworth and we were attacked by you guai

"It's almost unbearable"
Back to top Go down
Pickpox111

Pickpox111

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 1:28 am

VeteranAlpha96 wrote:
@Pickpox111

I can tell that you dislike Dogmeat. Wink

Dogmeat is an ass:

Funny pics. Hate is such a strong word. I don't hate the fella, but he's a tough one to endure in sticky situations or just plain old looting. I want to like him because I have a dog too at home. Honestly though, with some time on the game I'm starting to feel like I'm better off alone. Then I get lonely and wish I had someone with me. What can you do? BrickWall Headbutt
Back to top Go down
D7Rock88

D7Rock88

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 10:15 am

My 3 favorites so far are Piper, Valentine, and Macready. Haven't run into Cait or Curie yet, though I have discovered the locations they are in I just haven't gone into them yet, so can't determine if I'd like either of them yet. Codsworth and Dogmeat are ok companions for me, though I feel as though I'd like Dogmeat more if he wasn't constantly running all over the place.

Least favorite thus far is Strong. Don't get me wrong he's kinda funny with some of the things he says and he's tough but....disliking it when I pick locks? That's annoying.
Back to top Go down
jackspacko

jackspacko

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 1:59 pm

I love doge meat. Such apocalypse. Much fallout. Wow
Back to top Go down
SoujiMonaru

SoujiMonaru

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:49 am

I don't own the game (need to buy a complete PC to be able to run it), but from watching AlChestBreach's videos religiously (who doesn't?) I gotta say Valentine so far. he hasn't found Curie yet and doesn't work with Strong, and some others, so I don't know much about them.

Valentine's story has progressed the most during his playthrough, and he seems really gritty and interesting. Know a bit about Curie's story from reading about it online, so would be nice to see it happen sometime in the future...

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:30 pm

for me was Cass but i just dont play with companions cuz i want to be more hard and the enemies wont focus fire on them but reather me and thats why i go (han) solo

Decer

Character sheet
Name: Asurah
Faction: Rapists of New World
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 9:38 pm

If we talking about vanilla, its Cass, definitely.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 11:54 pm

I really like pretty much all the companions, but I don't really use dogmeat (I like being able to get feedback) and strong bugs me

aerystmd

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 5:31 am

Not considering their perk or combat plusses just their interactiveness - Cait, Curie, Nick & Macready are the companions I like best to have around. Good, humourous & pleasant personalities with good dialogues. Strong is the worst. His negativity just wore me down. & I'm not sure if it's a bug at my end but he comments more frequently compared to the others, which makes him more annoying.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSxiWxc620dpLFj4nUt_bqA
Cnote1024

Cnote1024

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 4:54 pm

i have to agree with you both strong is awful . He dislikes power armor which i use a lot and has a lot of annoying dialogue. My favorite is X6-88 he holds up well in a fight and fits with my character.

YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 6:09 pm

I like Piper the most, while I hate Strong. Honorable mention goes to Preston, who just annoys me.

crojas909

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 10:51 am

If I had to pick a favorite Companion from each game it would go like this:
Fallout 1- None [traveled alone]
Fallout 2- None [traveled alone]
Fallout 3- Fawkes
Fallout NV- Boone, then Cass
Fallout 4- Piper, then Nick

as for least favorite
Star Paladin Cross (3), Lily (NV), X6-88 (4)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and least favorite companions?   Favorite and least favorite companions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite and least favorite companions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1