Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged Mask boomers khan riot commonwealth Ryse Armor mandalorian vault money marvel Superpele Gear ghoul hunk Call body Overhaul wolfenstein daryl boom dead NPCs machine FCOM
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:06 am

» The Next fallout
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 pm

» Late Introduction
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:29 am

» Greetings!
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:50 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Opinion on in-game romance?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AlphaCenturion09

AlphaCenturion09

Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 6:23 am

Since it has been confirmed no dog and robot romance, I don't care for it anymore Sad

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
farts30

farts30

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:19 pm

Not a fan of ingame romance or companions for that matter, but I like that there are extras in the game that I will never use.

All the parties are formed. All the gangs are born. The Beast has been chosen. Who is going to win in the end? We'll set fire to the shore. We'll set fire to the sea. We'll set fire to the meadow. We'll bring this whole world to it's knees.
Back to top Go down
thompson4545

thompson4545

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 11:58 pm

I think it adds to the game so I don't mind to much but it definitely is different for Fallout cause its kind of like Mass Effect and so is the dialogue but I was also thinking about the wife if you play as the male protagonist and she's still alive or something it could get weird so kind of like the witcher but im pretty sure the wife is not still alive but I don't know.

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 6:04 am

I don't think it's pointless for people who want it, I just don't understand what anyone gains from it...

Maybe I just don't find pixels attractive :S
Back to top Go down
FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 6:14 am

its really awkward to play games with romance scenes when you dont live alone for example your mum walks in the room as Shepard undress Miranda in mass effct 2 thats a lil awkward lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:02 am

I really like how it was handled in the Mass Effect series. I loved Liara's personality in the 1st game, so that made it easy for my Shepard to fall for her. The changes to the character (her becoming hardened and cold after Shepard's death in ME2 intro) made it interesting to continue that romance in later games, and it was fun actually being able to tell her 'I love you' in ME3 (as Shepard).

Dragon Age does a similar job of it, despite the different player characters in each series. My first Origins warden fell for Leliana, my second for Alistair, and it was neat to see those relationships continue in Inquisition.

Bethesda looks to have taken a page or 2 out of Bioware's book for Fallout 4, I'm curious to see how those elements mesh with their open world stuff.
Back to top Go down
MrComplex

MrComplex

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 am

If you can infact romance every npc I can imagine them putting in a few generic quests to win over the affections of npc's in the game so you can move them into your custom home like in skyrim, i rekon there gunna have just a few more or less irrelevant characters that can be romanced,married and moved into your house like in skyrim, maybe they will do a whole dlc on house building and romance like hearthfire

I would however like to see a few funny quests like the 3some quest in fo3

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 10:12 am

Im not the biggest fan when it comes to Beth game romances, always so bland, now if they added a romance that was on par with Mass effect in Fallout4 i would be happy, but skyrims romance felt like i just married some random NPC i dont care about who will easily pop out gold and food for me, thats all it really was... Mass effect gave you some one to think about personly, dont get me wrong its nice to have that optional romance side of it in skyrim, but id much rather it be like Mass effect when it comes to romances, makes you want to care about that character instead of doing it just to say ''anywho thats another side quest to knock off my to do list'' closed eyes smile

Last edited by Ashi Itachi on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MWguitarist

MWguitarist

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 10:13 am

I dont mind the romance options, I just wish they were a bit more elaborate. Like Mass Effect or Dragon Age etc.

It needs to be engaging and my dynamic than say skyrim where you just slap an amulet on them and bam, hey let's get married because you've been my companion for X amount of time and have said nothing but "Sworn to carry your burdens" When i want to give you my stuff XD

Doesn't need to be EVERY marriage NPC with a nice little side romance quest, but a few would be nice to maybe win their trust or something along those lines.

vectory54

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 5:04 pm

I don't like the romance in a game but, i like the roromance of the witcher 2-3 and mass effect 3 Wink

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 5:19 pm

If done properly, sure. Just look at first Dragon Age and Inquisition, at the Mass Effect trilogy, Witcher 2/3.
What should never be done is what happened in Dragon Age 2....jesus...I still have nightmares after that one.
Back to top Go down
WAREZ

WAREZ

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 3:57 am

Looks like this time the character is an adult with a family so the romance may be more realistic. Like in ME and TW series. I mean if there is a Red Lucy somewhere ill be happy to give her some caps but having a serious relantionship would be different than just marry some girls and just collect money from time to time.

Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K | MSI B3 | Corsair 4x4GB DDR3-1600 | ASUS GTX 1060 6GB VRAM | Antec Kuhler H2O 920 | SSD Corsair Neutron - 256GB + V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB + HDD 500GB Barracuda | CoolerMaster GX-Series 750W | CM Storm Enforcer | Tt Challenger Pro | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech MX518 | MS XBOX 360 Wireless | Windows 10 Pro x64 | OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
haloruler1449

haloruler1449

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 4:46 am

If done right, this could add a lot more depth to characters and their emotions and people with characters that may make use of this system. But I am not sure how it is going to tie in with the plot considering your character is married in the beginning of the game. More of how it works will most likely be in game, but we'll have to wait and see.

JoLi628

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:25 am

Romances would be a really interesting addition to Fallout 4. Of course, any addition to a such a game is a good addition(as long as they keep it close to the lore of the game). If Bethesda is adding romances, then I would hope for a lot of options for "maintaining" a relationship in-game just as much as making one; almost like real-world just not so complex. But, that's just me lol.
Back to top Go down
tgspy

tgspy

Character sheet
Name: Intern John
Faction: Frontier NCR Regiment
Level: 5

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 8:05 am

I feel that romances will be more of a plot device than an actual working mechanic. That's not to say that it can't be used as a great mechanic to change the way you play the game, but I believe that the whole premise of "romance", would be used as a quest point, say, get close to a target, befriend them, get info out of them, turns into full blown relationship, etc etc etc. Now, in regards to just the romancing of multiple genders or what not, I fully support that, kudos to bethesda for being public about it. It will certainly make a lot of people happy. However, I feel some people may get picky with the lore ("There wasn't much gay marriage or romances back in a 50's era yadda yadda yadda"), though personally I don't care about that sort of lore as long as the rest of the games story telling is up to scratch. That's what I think about this

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on in-game romance?   Opinion on in-game romance? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinion on in-game romance?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2