Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk FCOM Call riot boom Superpele Armor marvel mandalorian Ryse commonwealth Overhaul daryl wolfenstein vault machine boomers Mask money body Reforged khan dead ghoul NPCs Gear
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AMOneEighty

AMOneEighty

Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Empty
PostSubject: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 5:24 am

As we all know, New Vegas had a LOT of cut content, many quests, characters and even an entire region were cut from the game due to time restraints and budget cuts( I think anyhow) Is there anything you guys wished were in New Vegas had Obsedian have the time they needed? Keep in mind to be realistic, nothing that would fit more of a mod (Waifu mods as I call them, or god mode toy weapons etc and the like) but stuff like Legion quests and whatnot.

Personally I Would really like to have seen more of the East of the dam, Legion territory, it would be a whole new ball game and actually make it seem like the Dam really was central power between everything.
Back to top Go down
kdavis1937

kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 5:29 am

Personally I thought New Vegas was a great game. While i know the argument can be made that its an apocalypse, It just felt really empty to me, cities were desolate. Bases were empty. Not even many raiders were around. Also while many mechanics were added I felt it needed more gameplay besides the main and side quests. Such as radiant bounty hunting.
Back to top Go down
robiichan

robiichan

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 5:38 am

Kill moves. Seeing them in Skyrim was such a breath of fresh air. Imagine slitting throats with Figaro, or a massive smack-down with the Super Sledge. Sure you got some slo-mo in New Vegas, but the kill moves in Skyrim were so brutal and final, and diverse enough to make deaths seem important. Melee in NV was lacking in general, so here's hoping Fallout 4 takes some cues from the combat in Skyrim with some interesting finishes.

Dual wielding pistols is also pretty high on my want list.
Back to top Go down
qanakin

qanakin

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 5:57 am

Agreed with @robiichan I think dual wield would be pretty damn awesome in fnv.

robiichan

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:07 am

kdavis1937 wrote:
Personally I thought New Vegas was a great game. While i know the argument can be made that its an apocalypse, It just felt really empty to me, cities were desolate. Bases were empty. Not even many raiders were around. Also while many mechanics were added I felt it needed more gameplay besides the main and side quests. Such as radiant bounty hunting.

This has been my argument when people slight Fallout 3. Fallout 3 had depth, and it was sectioned off so you couldn't just run from Point A to Point B, so those trips into the subway or sewers were mandatory at least initially. This added so many interesting sub zones without cutting into the bigger experience. One of my favorite areas was the Bethesda Ruins and it was just a little city to have a shootout with Raiders in. You took out a city, or you survived this church in the middle of nowhere, hell Paradise Falls just as a great set piece and community. New Vegas had some Legion assassins who bust in like Team Rocket, then die by companion fire, then you're free again to wander this empty desert.

I mean, I still love it, but it does feel empty by comparison.
Back to top Go down
AMOneEighty

AMOneEighty

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:20 am

Honestly I really blame the emptyness on the engine, I mean remember back in Oblvion, how you would need guards from every hold to create this army to fight the Daedra? What was that "army"? One guard from every hold? Haha, I mean it was impressive what Obsedian could do but I mean Gamebryo isn't exactly the best when it comes to numbers
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
AMOneEighty

AMOneEighty

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:30 am

Eh Yes and no,the creation was a good improvement, but it's still gamebryo, from what Todd saida bout FO4 being an improvment on THAT engine, there's gotta be some hope, it looks like they might actually know how to utilize it
Back to top Go down
kravisl1

kravisl1

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:34 am

Side strafing i believe it's called it looks like you're moonwalking lol when pressing W and D or A
Back to top Go down
ayylmao22

ayylmao22

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:37 am

More Legion areas, quests, and the like as Legion got the short end of the stick during development of New Vegas.

AMOneEighty

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:40 am

Ah you're thinking Diagonal walking, a staple of the gamebryo engine haha. Even with it's bugs the fallout games have a certain charm to it because of it, sans game breaking ones.

Oh yeah totally! I feel like they were gonna be fleshed out to be an actual understandable faction buuuuut nope just some bad guys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:19 am

The atmosphere and general aesthetic of Fallout 3. I hate the music/choice of environment/etc of New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
AMOneEighty

AMOneEighty

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:27 am

I feel like it was more of a nod to 60s styled Western culture I guess? I don't mind but I really get nostalgic to 3s music and aesthetic and I'm happy to see we'll be getting something like that in 4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:58 am

AMOneEighty wrote:
I feel like it was more of a nod to 60s styled Western culture I guess? I don't mind but I really get nostalgic to 3s music and aesthetic and I'm happy to see we'll be getting something like that in 4.

Same here. Fallout 3 with modernized graphics/updated gameplay is pretty much exactly what I wanted out of FO4. If we had gotten another New Vegas, I would have been immensely disappointed.
Back to top Go down
HeathenYeti

HeathenYeti

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 8:16 am

I wish NV had better facial animations, it would greatly improve interaction with npcs and would help to immerse myself in the game. Also subtle body language animations would've been a awesome combination. L.A. Noire had good face animations, but I have no idea how you could apply that system to fallout.
Back to top Go down
AMOneEighty

AMOneEighty

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 8:50 am

Tesvixen wrote:
AMOneEighty wrote:

Same here.  Fallout 3 with modernized graphics/updated gameplay is pretty much exactly what I wanted out of FO4.  If we had gotten another New Vegas, I would have been immensely disappointed.

Honestly I would like a FO3 atmosphere with NV mechanics on a better skyirm engines
Back to top Go down
HeathenYeti

HeathenYeti

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 10:14 am

AMOneEighty wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:
AMOneEighty wrote:

Same here.  Fallout 3 with modernized graphics/updated gameplay is pretty much exactly what I wanted out of FO4.  If we had gotten another New Vegas, I would have been immensely disappointed.

Honestly I would like a FO3 atmosphere with NV mechanics on a better skyirm engines

I think FO4 will have a atmosphere that is slightly removed from FO3's, more modern less grey, mainly due to the passing of the wonderful concept artist adam adamowicz. He did all the concept art for FO3 and now that they have someone else and the artistic direction will take a mildly different path. Here is a link to FO3 and FO4 concept art if you want to compare them.  FO3 https://www.flickr.com/photos/47857688@N08/sets/72157629320774861/
                                                         FO4 http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fallout_4_concept_art
There'll be more FO4 concept art but it will probably be released the same time the game comes out.
Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:10 pm

I would have liked to explore Lonesome road more instead of a liniear path to your fight with Ulyssus and then leave , and after the fight i would have liked to eplore and restore some of it.
Back to top Go down
djadamson

djadamson

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:11 pm

I wish fallout new vegas had a bit more variety with the vanilla weapons, for instance if you don't count the unique variants there's only like 4 different pistols, 4 shotguns and only 2 grenade launchers, it makes me feel like I'm playing resident evil 5, where you only get 2 or 3 weapons of each type.
Also I wish there were more missions to do for the brotherhood of steel because I like working with them, or even a storyline. Smile

@lukaboot: yeah I would have liked to explore more of the divide as well, I think that place is really interesting, and I like the idea about restoring some of it Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Flavio01997

Flavio01997

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 1:23 pm

I would have liked to reach the Sierra Madre Casinò without getting teleported inside it, I was disappointed about it.
The funniest part of the entire DLC is the Villa, I simply loved that concept and the possibilities to move both on the ground and on the roofs.
I used TCL to see what's behind that gate and well, there was surely the possibility to develop another area where you pratically have to climb to the Casinò.

For the atmosphere I don't know what to say... it's not that great but the concept is right, you're not in Washington DC, but in a desert after all.

lukaboot wrote:
I would have liked to explore Lonesome road more instead of a liniear path to your fight with Ulyssus and then leave , and after the fight i would have liked to eplore and restore some of it.

Same here, the linear path is annoying as hell.
I understand the "all roads leads to home", but at least build more that one road, It is nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas    Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas  Empty

Back to top Go down

Things you wish were in Fallout New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next