Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
NPCs riot money ghoul boom machine marvel Mask commonwealth mandalorian dead hunk body wolfenstein daryl FCOM upgrades Superpele Ryse space khan Reforged vault boomers Call Gear
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would anyone recommend any books to me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Stormlord

Stormlord

Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Tekkers wrote:

PS: If anyone has read a decent book based upon the post apocalyptic setting, please tell me, I would very much appreciate it!

Philip K. Dick's "Dr. Bloodmoney, or How We Got Along After the Bomb"
Back to top Go down
mookachalupa

mookachalupa

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Man, I can't recommend Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series enough! That's 96% dependent on taste, but they're great books regardless.
Back to top Go down
alexacireale

alexacireale

Character sheet
Name: Gio
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 5:28 pm

The Maze Runner series is a pretty interesting read, though it seems pretty basic at first it slowly gets more complex and interesting the more books you read. Also, each one has some pretty crazy twist.

Jullius

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 7:36 pm

A Song of Ice and Fire (Book's are better than the show. TongueTril)
The Last Kingdom is what I am currently reading and they are absolutely amazing.
Tom Clancy is always a good read if you at least kinda know what he's talking about.
I've also heard Watchmen is very good and I will probably be reading it soon.
Back to top Go down
teegfonv

teegfonv

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 9:57 pm

If you are a post apocalypse fan, the road is a great one. Cormac McCarthy is a great writer and the road is intense and gripping.
Back to top Go down
MonAsaX

MonAsaX

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 4:59 pm

The Witcher novels by Andrzej Sapkowski is a pleasant read. The books consist of 2 short story collections and 5 novels. All of them have an official translation to English except the final novel which has a good fan translation online. If you liked the Witcher games then you will love the books.

mookachalupa

mookachalupa

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Favorite books of all time, the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. Must Read
Back to top Go down
snippy123

snippy123

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:28 pm

I know it'll sound like a language arts project but Lord of the Flies is actually a really good book

[
Back to top Go down
kaivi

kaivi

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 11:22 pm

Don't if it will interess anyone but I found the the book of strange new things by Michel Faber pretty interesting it's about a priest who preach to aliens on a new human colony who began to called themselves Jesus lover 1,2,3 etc. The passage when they ask what is a sheep to the priest who tried to explain the bible made me smile. It's not a comedy though, since the priest become more and more disconnected with the other humans has he spend time with the aliens. It is in fact what the book is all about.
Back to top Go down
piet33

piet33

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 6:15 am

The last book i really enjoyed was the "St.Petersburg-Trilogy" by Andrey Djakow. If you liked the Metro series you definitly going to love this one. It´s pretty similiar to Metro2033 with all its Mystery and Horror elements and the overall high suspension. It´s by all means worth the read.
Back to top Go down
ebbelpoo

ebbelpoo

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 2:07 pm

There are some great suggestions in this thread. I've read or listened to many of them. I prefer audio books though as I can listen to them at work.

For a post apoc type: the Survivalist series by A. American is good. It's closer to reality than most. The first book stumbles a little but they get much better from there.

Post apoc zombie type: Black Tide Rising series by John Ringo is very entertaining.

The Prince Roger series by David Weber and John Ringo is one of my all time favorites. Sci-fi.

However my favorite author is David Drake. He's best known for his gritty military sci-fi Hammer's Slammers novels. Also the Northworld trilogy. I'm currently awaiting the 11th in his Space opera type RCN series. I enjoy the heck outta them.

Stephen King has to many good books to list. So many it's redonkulous.

I've listened to many books over the last 4 years but the ones I've listed are some of the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Would anyone recommend any books to me?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4