Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele body marvel space commonwealth mandalorian upgrades vault money Gear boomers ghoul NPCs Call Reforged daryl riot wolfenstein FCOM hunk dead Ryse boom khan machine Mask
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
damcall

damcall

What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Liam Neeson, damn it!  He survived the radiation and is now a ghoul with a particular set of skills.  He will find you... and he will kill you.

Edit: I posted that as kind of a joke, but a part of me wonders if its possible to get enough dialogue from his films to pull something like this off... hm...

Liam Neeson ghoul, that would be quite funny. Perhaps he can be a mysterious stranger replacer, and instead of the music when he appears, you would hear I will find you and kill you.

nickrica

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:43 pm

they should make fallout: new jersey and have paulie walnuts from the sopranos as a ghoul in a tracksuit Wink

damcall

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:45 pm

He could have a fake greasy wig. Lol, that's hilarious.

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:47 pm

damcall wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:
Liam Neeson, damn it!  He survived the radiation and is now a ghoul with a particular set of skills.  He will find you... and he will kill you.

Edit: I posted that as kind of a joke, but a part of me wonders if its possible to get enough dialogue from his films to pull something like this off... hm...

Liam Neeson ghoul, that would be quite funny. Perhaps he can be a mysterious stranger replacer, and instead of the music when he appears, you would hear I will find you and kill you.

Nah, I'd rather go full blown companion. A stranger replacement would get boring after a while.
Back to top Go down
damcall

damcall

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:53 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
damcall wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:

Nah, I'd rather go full blown companion.  A stranger replacement would get boring after a while.

I guess, if you can get enough dialogue. The companion could have a quest to save his daughter, similar to the movie.

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:28 pm

For NV, I think Boxcars would be a hilarious companion. You could tailor some profanity-filled dialogue out of his existing lines, I actually posted a whole lot of examples into some old thread, you could even go as far as make him comment on locations, and he already has the perfect recruitment dialogue. His excessive cursing could be used as combat dialogue. You'd need a bunch of medical equipment and a Medicine check of, say, 50 to recruit him.

I also agree on No-Bark, just imagine the combat dialogue "Commie ghosts! I'll never talk!"

@Diegonom @Overdone There's also a companion mod for Benny

Joshua Graham and/or Daniel could be recruitable after completing Honest Hearts, possibly depending on the choices you made during HH. Though for it to be lore-friendly and immersive you'd have to possibly create a new worldspace (If the tribals migrated through the passage, Daniel and Joshua(?) goes with them). Adding a little event for going to Caesar's camp with Joshua would be great. For Daniel you could earn "companion points" as with Boone by helping the poor and sick.

For evil characters, they could have Mortimer as a companion after serving the White Gloves human meat. I mean, it's possible to lose a companion during this quest permanently, so it would only make sense to reward you with a new one. His combat dialogue would consist of calling the enemies "barbarous" etc. can't remember all his dialogue. He could also give you recipes for preparing human meat in a special way, he is a cannibal after all.

That's all of my ideas.

damcall

damcall

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 7:08 pm

Eetterinakki wrote:
For NV, I think Boxcars would be a hilarious companion. You could tailor some profanity-filled dialogue out of his existing lines, I actually posted a whole lot of examples into some old thread, you could even go as far as make him comment on locations, and he already has the perfect recruitment dialogue. His excessive cursing could be used as combat dialogue. You'd need a bunch of medical equipment and a Medicine check of, say, 50 to recruit him.

I also agree on No-Bark, just imagine the combat dialogue "Commie ghosts! I'll never talk!"

@Diegonom @Overdone There's also a companion mod for Benny.

Joshua Graham and/or Daniel could be recruitable after completing Honest Hearts, possibly depending on the choices you made during HH. Though for it to be lore-friendly and immersive you'd have to possibly create a new worldspace (If the tribals migrated through the passage, Daniel and Joshua(?) goes with them). Adding a little event for going to Caesar's camp with Joshua would be great. For Daniel you could earn "companion points" as with Boone by helping the poor and sick.

For evil characters, they could have Mortimer as a companion after serving the White Gloves human meat. I mean, it's possible to lose a companion during this quest permanently, so it would only make sense to reward you with a new one. His combat dialogue would consist of calling the enemies "barbarous" etc. can't remember all his dialogue. He could also give you recipes for preparing human meat in a special way, he is a cannibal after all.

That's all of my ideas.

All those ideas sound amazing. I especially like your idea of having Boxcars as a companion, and the fact that you would have to fix his legs before you can hire him. lol

Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 7:11 pm

@Eetterinakki There is a Joshua Graham companion mod. It's pretty well done Smile
Back to top Go down
Alex10006

Alex10006

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:06 pm

well considering all you have to do is add a follow script none because if i want npc companion ill just give the the script

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:10 pm

@damcall

Thanks Vault boy Smile

I'm kind of urged to learn making companion wheels and functional dialogue, maybe quests even. Probably isn't that hard. I won't be releasing any complete companion mods anytime soon though, not with all the other little mod projects I'm working on, as well as being busy with life.

There's plenty of great concepts in these threads, and it makes me think. Maybe it could be possible to produce these kind of custom companions in little teams or something, if people are interested in the concepts. Making one companion successfully would mean they can easily release more, too. I don't think that's too far fetched, there's plenty of talent around here as well as interest in modding. I can totally see it - people presenting concepts and ideas to each other for a companion many would like to see, making a plan for how to actually make it happen in the GECK, and making it happen.

@Alex10006
Yes, you could do that, but a companion mod is usually more immersive and enjoyable when it has dialogue and maybe a quest. Those are features every popular companion mod has.

Last edited by Eetterinakki on Thu May 14, 2015 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pixelint37

pixelint37

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:11 pm

Dad and The King
Back to top Go down
Alex10006

Alex10006

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:23 pm

Eetterinakki wrote:

@Alex10006
Yes, you could do that, but a companion mod is usually more immersive and enjoyable when it has dialogue and maybe a quest. Those are features every popular companion mod has.
very good point then i whould like a col Autumn companion

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:26 pm

@Alex10006

Well, here's a Colonel Autumn companion mod I found, it's for Fallout 3 though, not sure if you meant New Vegas or not.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6445/?

Alex10006

Alex10006

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:11 am

Eetterinakki wrote:
@Alex10006

Well, here's a Colonel Autumn companion mod I found, it's for Fallout 3 though, not sure if you meant New Vegas or not.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6445/?
yea i meant fo3 thank you

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:14 am

MUGGY NO DOUBT! One of my favorite characters in F:NV besides Ulysses, Josh Graham, and Lonesome Road EDE (funny that they are all DLC characters)
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/gavinmurphy
19eccho

19eccho

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:41 am

I've always liked Sunny Smiles and her happy go lucky attitude. I would have loved for the vanilla game to have had her as an option to be a companion. I really feel like she would have some interesting opinions and advice on how to handle the chaotic world of Fallout. There are a few mods out that make her a companion but it would be so cool if she had a full story like Willow did in her mod.
Back to top Go down
Tactical308

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:53 am

I agree with sunny smiles. I also wish that they made moira brown a companion.

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:02 am

@gav07NewVegas

@MissLawson

heres a muggy companion
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50523/?
Back to top Go down
damcall

damcall

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:45 am

Thank you all for your comments, I got some really great ideas from this post.

SaturnCeleste

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Overdone wrote:
1. I think Vulpes would've been an interesting companion. He's a master of disguise so you could take him into NCR territory without everyone turning hostile.

4. Any of the 1st Recon.

I use JIP Companions and have used many of NPC's as companions.  Back in the day I used to use the Remote Control Companion from Nexus.  [I don't know when I can post a link here.] And JIP Companions.  Here are their exact names at nexus: Remote Control Companions by b3w4r3 and JIP Companions Command and Control by jazzisparis.  Even the Cortex Scrambler works fine but I use either JIP or RC with the cortex scrambler.

Vulpes doesn't work well because there's actually 3 of him.  The one in Nipton, the one you meet on The Strip and the one at the Fort.  So if you do use him as a companion at some point he will disappear.  Ringo is another one.  If you pick him up as a companion in Goodsprings and he's with you when you get to the Crimson Caravan he'll disappear.  I'm not sure if he pops up inside as the 'other' Ringo, I closed out without saving and dismissed him before I went inside.  Then he was there to greet me.

I've used Bitterroot from the 1st Recon.  He's awesome!  Lt Hayes is my all time favorite 'forced' companion.  For some reason his stats level outrageously and he's very powerful when I have him.  You'll need to setessential to your companions though, only Bethesda companions are made essential by mods, not forced ones like the way I use them.

My 2 most favorite companions I always use are Scrambler from the NCRCF prison and Lt Hayes.  Scrambler isn't very strong but he's really cool to have, he uses spiked knuckles but I give him the Love and Hate set from Bonnie Springs.

Other 'forced' companions I use a lot are Jessup from the Great Khans, All 5 fiends, Violet, Cook-Cook, Motor Runner, Driver Nephi and Duke.  I play a ton of raiders and always use these guys.  For my legion guy I currently have Dead Sea as a companion but I have to keep him out of his Legion gear so he's wearing Merc Vetreran armor.  Make sure to check on some of these NPC's before grabbing them, some of them have very low levels like Joe Cobb.  He's only level 2, no wonder he's so easy to kill!

Ranger Jackson is another favorite of mine.  He's a great shot as well as Jules from Westside.  One of my classiest compaion set was when I used Mr Swank, Lt Hayes, Boone, Eddie from the Powder Gangers and Ringo and dressed them all in [Moraelin Professionals Suits 1_14 by Moraelin] and they looked so awesome!  I've used the Boomer Munitions Manager as a companion, he's awesome!  I've even had Boxcars but he's just too weak (level 3).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?   What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What NPC in NV or FO3 you wish was converted into a companion?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next