Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call hunk daryl ghoul Armor Overhaul NPCs dead Reforged body riot khan money boom Mask machine FCOM Gear wolfenstein Ryse Superpele commonwealth marvel vault boomers mandalorian
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Energy weapons..or Melee? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Energy weapons..or Melee?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PJChattyman

PJChattyman

Energy weapons..or Melee? Empty
PostSubject: Energy weapons..or Melee?   Energy weapons..or Melee? EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Hello all!
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a backstory for an energy weapons character. I'm torn between creating a Legion Diehard character and an Energy weapons sort of tinkerer. I'd like to play a Diehard legionary but CCO and Project nevada aswell as RWD makes gameplay very difficult. Not complaining, infact I love it, 3 shots and I'm dead. However it can disrupt a melee focused legionary. However I'm temped to play Energy weapons because..I have EVE installed and I'd generally just like to play an energy weapons character. Can anyone suggest an idea for backstory for both or either?
Back to top Go down
squigglysheep

squigglysheep

PostSubject: Re: Energy weapons..or Melee?   Energy weapons..or Melee? EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Hmm...well, perhaps your Legion character has been interested in high-tech weapons and equipment since he was just a child, and just uses his knowledge and love for all things tech whenever he can, but sometimes, he also enjoys being up close and personal with a machete or whatever when he is in a fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy weapons..or Melee?   Energy weapons..or Melee? EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:37 pm

Maybe he was part of a squad that came up against enemies using energy weapons, and his squad was decimated. That showed him how deadly energy weapons are, and he came to prefer them over standard firearms or melee weapons.

Maybe the energy weapons circumvented some normally-effective aspect of their armor.

On the other hand, just going with a tinkerer is easy, as he/she would naturally be drawn to that sort of tech. Writes itself, really. Could be the child of a BOS/Outcast-type character, and thus was exposed to energy stuff from a young age.
Back to top Go down
FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: Energy weapons..or Melee?   Energy weapons..or Melee? EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:54 pm

i hate energy weapons to be blunt but i love the BOS do if i was gonna do the kind of backstory your going for id pretend to be born midwestern chapter of the brotherhood ( if you couldn't tell im obsessed with them ) and now that your characters 21 he has been sent to the mojave on a task to find the mojave chapter to meet a contact ( veronica ) and she brings you to the hidden valley bunker where you have to help the BOS and maybe do veronica's quest line if you have a lil trouble setting this up armor wise or for weapons here are a few links

midwestern BOS power armor
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39955/?

for weapons this pack be all you need
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37002/?

for melee
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57427/?

if i find one of the armors i forgot to mention ill edit my post
Back to top Go down
flamenx01

flamenx01

PostSubject: Re: Energy weapons..or Melee?   Energy weapons..or Melee? EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:05 pm

I've tried a melee character with project Nevada and RWD and it isn't really that fun. You need the best armor and lots of drugs even to stand a chance. Dying in every fight gets annoying very quickly.

Energy weapons with EVE installed is amazing fun.

I suck at backstories so I can't really help there.
Back to top Go down
jesusp

jesusp

PostSubject: Re: Energy weapons..or Melee?   Energy weapons..or Melee? EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:30 am

I'd go with energy weapons they kill faster.
Back to top Go down
PJChattyman

PJChattyman

PostSubject: Re: Energy weapons..or Melee?   Energy weapons..or Melee? EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:19 am

Thanks for the help guys. It was really helpful. I decided to go with....Energy weapons! Banana Dance
Back to top Go down
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Energy weapons..or Melee?   Energy weapons..or Melee? EmptySun May 03, 2015 4:36 am

An energy weapon character background:

You were born into the brotherhood. You were a paladin by 20. Obviously, you prefer energy weapons over anything. One night you were leading a squad of two other paladins, 5 knights and an initiate to show him the ropes. It all went wrong that night. You were ambushed by a squad of extremely tough legionaries. There were 3 captains and many normal troops. You all were easily taking out the recruits but the veteran legionaries were giving you all trouble. Currently unbeknownst to you, there are two legionary snipers with 50cal antimaterial rifles.

They both targeted you as you were taking out the most legion members. They both hit you, one grazing the helmet leaving a gaping hole and they other cracking your visor making vision difficult. You throw the helmet off as quick as possible. At that point both paladins are still alive as well as the initiate. Two of the 5 knights are dead, leaving 3 still alive. You are firing away at targets with your plasma rifle you've had since you were 15, "Justice." Justice is an advanced plasma rifle with many upgrades: a scope, extended magazine, foregrip, sling, flashlight, and many things a normal plasma would not have. One of the veteran legionaries and a few recruits sneak up behind you.

With all the surrounding fighting someone somewhere shoots your gun a few times. You drop it and you get a glance at it. It looks badly damaged. You disarm one of the recruits behind you and get his machete. You are battling legion but you get surrounded. They get you down on the ground. At this point all the knights are dead and, miraculously, the initiate is still alive. One of the paladins screams at him "GO, RUN NOW!" But before he does he picks up Justice and slings it over his back. The initiate is running but with 3 legion troops 50 yards back. Your down on the ground unable to do anything and one of your fellow paladins runs at you, then you notice the red dots on him. Boom. Down he goes.

Now the only one left fighting is the other paladin, but he gets surrounded. A few legion members tackle him. One of the veteran legionaries takes his helmet off and slits his throat, right then and there. The legion takes you with them to a camp, but not before they burn your other fellow paladin to death. Back at the legion camp you are beaten up and tortured for information. When they threaten to cut your hand off you bust and give the legion brotherhood intel. The next day a squad of paladins busts into the legion camp and immediately retrieves you and leaves before their casualty count is too high.

Back at the brotherhood base you tell the Elder that you told the legion brotherhood intel. He kicks you out immediately. On your way out the bunker you see the initiate with a tool kit working on Justice. After your kicked out of the brotherhood you settle down in the Jean Sky Diving shack for a while. After that you head down to Primm to work for the Mojave Express. And thus Courier 6 is born.

Thank you for reading. There's a lot of holes in that but I just thought of it on the fly. I actually like that and want to develop that into it's own standalone fan fiction on a made up character, not courier 6. Gives you more freedom to do with characters and setting and time and what not. There is an in depth background for a energy weapons anti legion  character.

Staff edit: this was a good read, but being one gigantic chunk made it a bit hard to follow.  Spaced it out some, hope you don't mind!
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/gavinmurphy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Energy weapons..or Melee?   Energy weapons..or Melee? Empty

Back to top Go down

Energy weapons..or Melee?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1