Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers dead khan Ryse marvel money ghoul vault machine space commonwealth hunk Reforged Mask riot Gear Call NPCs wolfenstein body boom upgrades Superpele daryl FCOM mandalorian
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 Combat system

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:01 am

I would love a better and more realistic stealth system that could make it that you cant just crouch in front of someone in broad daylight and not be seen and the only real way is to not be in anyones view unless they are distracted or you are hidden in darkness or behind cover and stealth could utilize cover gameplay. Also when you are behind cover you get unique stealth executions depending on the weapon you are holding or even if you are unarmed.

Last edited by Great Teacher Alex on Mon May 11, 2015 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nickrica

nickrica

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:05 am

asphyxia wrote:
Here's a few things I would like in Fallout 4:
Realistic damage, no more bullet sponge enemies and no more bullet sponge player.
No extra HP when leveling up and maybe no "add points to skill". I didn't like Sykrim (and it was the only game I played from the Elder Scrolls franchise) but I liked how you had to do skill related actions in order to gain XP. I just never liked the idea of adding points to a skill in order to get better.
And no "the more skill you have in Guns, the more damage you do" system, it is silly, the more skill you have, the better you should reload and keep your aim steady and handle the weapons better in overall and maybe lower the condition degradation, because the player would be experienced with weapons and be able to clean them and keep them in good shape (but it would always degrade).
The more skill you have with melee, for example, the faster and better you would attack, resulting in a superior damage, but not changing the base damage based on skill.
Definitely needs a cover system too.
And I hope the enemies don't level up with you. One of things I most hated in Fallout 3 was the fact that the 19 years old player was able to take the entire Vault security team, kill Supermutants and Behemoths at level 1.

Anyway, this is what I really would like to see in Fallout 4, but it will probably be a Skyrim with guns.

i think its so hilarious how you will shoot someone in the head once, and they act like they got a really bad migraine, and then you shoot them again and their brains, eyeballs, and jawbone are flying all over the place haha! i hope there will be a more realistic damage system too.

asphyxia

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Also, one thing that I would like would be a real inventory system. Let the Pip-Boy handle only stats, quests, notes, reputation, this kind of thing.
I may have played The Last of Us a bit too much, but I loved how you had to craft holsters in order to ready a gun without needing to equip it from your bag.
I think the weight limit of the games is too much, a guy can carry lots of rocket launchers, then get one teddy bear and "oops, you're carrying too much".
A legitimate inventory system would be nice, in my opinion. You carry your rifle on your back, need a holster for the side-arm, depending on your clothing you can carry items or not, or else you need a backpack or a sack or a satchel.
No more pausing the world for the player to go through his inventory would be a nice thing for the combat.
I think I may be a realism fanatic.

It's nice to dream.
Back to top Go down
aka_Moonlight

aka_Moonlight

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:11 pm

You know people that Fallout is RPG, so that system of shooting and levelling is the main attribute. Fallout will become Call of Duty in post-apocalyptic without this system. And the system of HP is so important because you can't kill a supermutant with one shot from your rifle. It's just stupid because he's big and...mutant))) And sometimes enemies have some helmets. But yes, the one without protection being shooted in his had from pistol and still alive-a little problem with reality)
So i think this system is necessary! Fallout will not be Fallout without VATS, levelling and so on...

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Will be awesome if the hand to hand battle be like skyrim
Back to top Go down
kdavis1937

kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Interesting, I can see most people just better AI and better cover for the most part. I know that realism is still a touchy subject considering some people enjoy the run and gun spongy gunplay. I think if they give the option for hardcore mode again, they should have an option for realistic damage, or include that option with hardcore mode.
Back to top Go down
Keevs

Keevs

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:22 pm

I would kill for a cover fire system, that would be a big change, but it would be nice, especially if there was an interactive world, i.e. you could pull up a tipped motorcycle, and use it as cover...

Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 7MakDJW
Back to top Go down
Tekkers

Tekkers

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Better explosives would be nice, I always thought the grenade mechanic was rather flimsy and rubbish to be frank.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.meatspin.com
jaffa_5

jaffa_5

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:06 am

kdavis1937 wrote:
Interesting, I can see most people just better AI and better cover for the most part. I know that realism is still a touchy subject considering some people enjoy the run and gun spongy gunplay. I think if they give the option for hardcore mode again, they should have an option for realistic damage, or include that option with hardcore mode.

I think that would be a great idea. I usually play a run and gun style character on my first play through.   HeavyMachineGun
Then usually after that I will play it through with hardcore mode on and with realistic damage mods for most play throughs. ShootingWar

so having an in game option for that would be amazing and could mean i could switch between them depending on my mood.

Back to top Go down
19eccho

19eccho

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:16 am

I personally am A big fan of realistic weapon damage, so hopefully the combat system is a little more realistic where as if you shoot someone in the head they will die. I liked the kind of shoot em up style in fallout 3 and New Vegas, but it would be cool if the ammo was very limited and each bullet counted such as in games like The last of Us. I am very excited to see what they do with it.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog4223

Bulldog4223

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:32 am

The combat system in FO3 and NV is bad. It is basically a pissing match between you and the enemies, where you strafe and shoot at them while they strafe at a ridiculous speed, shoot from the hip, yet still nail you in the head. It feels like my bullets have no weight, which is something that really takes from immersion. I want to feel like my bullet just punched into the enemy and did some damage (Red Dead Redemption gets this very right). I want the AI to take cover and peek out like Rainbow Six or Brothers in Arms, and I would personally like to have a cover system like BIA where you go into third person and hug the wall. I know that is probably not a popular thought though. When it comes down to it, I am just a realism freak, so if there is no ADS like FO3, I might kick someone's ass down at the studio.
Back to top Go down
helljumper4

helljumper4

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:46 am

I don't know what they may have planned far as fire arms and explosives go,but I'd hope they'd use the meele system similar to how it is in skyrim allowing for a more fluid meele combat. I know,I know it's long shot...but it's a nice thought..

Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXYz0tcdq9CByo3cb12BFg9Bi9mj99mqbXfFVrjOovHCeBpVlt
Back to top Go down
jaffa_5

jaffa_5

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:56 am

Bulldog4223 wrote:
It feels like my bullets have no weight, which is something that really takes from immersion. I want to feel like my bullet just punched into the enemy and did some damage (Red Dead Redemption gets this very right). I want the AI to take cover and peek out like Rainbow Six or Brothers in Arms, and I would personally like to have a cover system like BIA where you go into third person and hug the wall.

I have to agree Red Dead Redemtion nailed the feeling of your weapons actually packing a punch (which i feel gta 5 didn't quite manage to acheive well but was still pretty great.)

I think that a cover system of some sort would be great too, although I'm torn about it switching to third person while in cover. Rainbow six vegas did that very well i thought, but I feel I would prefer it use the killzone 3 way of staying in first person. although having an option to use ether first or third person view in cover would be the ideal option so i could see what i liked more.

Back to top Go down
Jokerxt

Jokerxt

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 3:29 am

I'm just looking for more advanced weapon damage and a Lean and Prone type of stance. Oh and a better sneaking system because FNV's sneaking is... Well, I think you get the picture.
Back to top Go down
xThat1WhiteKidx

xThat1WhiteKidx

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 4:03 am

AdayDr1en wrote:
xThat1WhiteKidx wrote:
Things I would like to see...
1) Bullet Time
2) Either stronger weapons or less health
3) The ability to melee while holding a gun (Bayonet on a hunting rifle anyone?)
4) Sprinting
5) Stealth melee executions
6) Better implemented throwing weapons
7) Better weapon recoil
Cool Weapon jamming on firing when condition is low
9) Chem animations (Inject Med-X, Stimpak, etc.)

1. Won't be considered with V.A.T.S available
2. Neither will be considered. It's an RPG, so weapon damage and character health will be linked to skills/stats
3. Would eliminate the need for melee weapons, meaning they'd be used less or not at all. But, you could also make them weaker than melee-only weapons. That'd be balancing.
4. The player runs fast enough, though. I guess they could make the jog speed slower, then TongueTril
5. Would maybe be considered. The ability would likely be linked to a perk
6.The grenade physics were fine, but it was Obsidian who thought of other thrown weapon types
7. Hopefully COD or BF quality ! Hopefully with a better developed ADS feature
8. I'm hoping we'd get something similar to what we've seen in Metro or Far Cry 3 or this F2P game called No More Room In Hell

1. Probably right
2. Probably right although to clarify I meant higher base damage or lower base health which would then be affected by the pc's/npc's stats.
3. I disagree the weapon could be used to stagger enemies. (Kind of like how it works in Left for Dead) Melee-ing with a weapon could drain stamina.
4. Also disagree mostly because it's going to run on a modified version of Skyrim's engine which would make it likely for there to be sprinting and stamina. And if your argument for this was valid then they wouldn't have added sprinting to Skyrim.

kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:01 pm

I think another big addition they need to work on is the weapons themselves with as mentioned to weight of it shooting. But the audio itself needs some work and Id like to see a more advanced upkeep repair system for weapons. I really feel most of these weapons should be falling apart in a post apocalyptic world and a lot of resources should go into making it almost new again. Not to mention the attachments you could have for weapons. Hell why not even have the ability to craft attachments like a silencer but the downside is it has a certain number of shots it can handle before it breaks compared to an actual silencer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Combat system   Fallout 4 Combat system - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 Combat system

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3