Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk mandalorian machine NPCs body Reforged dead money wolfenstein Superpele commonwealth daryl space upgrades khan boomers marvel Mask riot Call FCOM Gear ghoul boom Ryse vault
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How you came to VGU Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
How you came to VGU Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:53 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
How you came to VGU Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How you came to VGU Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
How you came to VGU Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
How you came to VGU Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
How you came to VGU Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
How you came to VGU Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
How you came to VGU Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
How you came to VGU Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:29 pm

» Late Introduction
How you came to VGU Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:29 am

» Greetings!
How you came to VGU Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
How you came to VGU Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
How you came to VGU Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:50 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How you came to VGU Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
How you came to VGU Emptyby Bset Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:01 am

» hi i'm new person
How you came to VGU Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
How you came to VGU Emptyby Skroge Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
How you came to VGU Emptyby CommunistDragon Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
How you came to VGU Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:37 am

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How you came to VGU

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

How you came to VGU Empty
PostSubject: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 5:23 am

I just was cleaning out my pms for the nexus, and I stumbled upon this.

Spoiler:

I forgot I was referred to VGU but none other than the magical Xilandro himself.

If you want, post how you found VGU.

Remember... I was just like any of you. I had to do my 30 posts and wait 3 days (was probably more like 2 weeks) but it's all fun memories.

Last edited by maybenexttime on Tue May 20, 2014 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed image)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
Weetold

Weetold

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 5:39 am

I remember finding Fallout3underground when I heard of a Modern Warfare mod that had a crapton of armors and stuff.
So I took a trip over there and ended up finding out about the whole 30 well constructed posts thing, and kinda got bummed out.
I mean, I was really butt flustered at first, but when you start posting it really starts to become routine and you can immerse yourself in the community and actually feel comfortable posting.
And thats what I think the problem is, people don't wanna post because they don't feel welcome or they might feel ashamed for expressing an opinion, or they just in general don't like expressing themselves through text or what have you. The post requirement helps that in some ways.
Back to top Go down
creegull

creegull

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 6:03 am

I found it a similar way; I initially came across the old VGU when looking for Raiden Armor for NV, I didn't post much because I was occupied with Uni, and decided to just move to this one as It seemed an alright place to discuss games and such.
Back to top Go down
roflcopter117
Admin
roflcopter117

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 6:50 am

Many years ago, back when VGU was called F3 Underground, I saw some of Darkfiregaming's youtube videos showcasing Fallout 3 mods exclusive to F3 Undergound. That's what led me to here.

Also the community at this other site wasn't the best so I was even more inclined to register on another site.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Zetman

Zetman

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:13 am

I believe I may have heard of the old one some years ago, but I didn't join because the requirements looked rather daunting. I don't recall what they were exactly, but I thought I heard you had to make at least 2 posts each day or get kicked out, I could be mistaken though.
That seemed too stringent to me. What if I didn't have time to get online for a day? Or what if I just couldn't think of anything to write that day?
Anyway, I forgot about it for a couple years. Then I stumbled upon this site about a week back while searching for some Fallout mods. Taking a look at the requirements they seemed a lot less harsh and imposing than what I recall of the old one. So I figured I'd join, and here we are.
Back to top Go down
Thitn

Thitn

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 9:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/user/DARKFIREGAMING
This awesome guy made me aware of F3Undergrounds awesome mods.

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 10:22 am

I see some of you guys saw the videos made by DFG, I agree... his videos were really nice. I really loved his LoTR weapons and SC2 video.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Xilandro

Xilandro

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 12:10 pm

I think I was looking for ME or Metro stuff. Many years ago, site was called F3underground. But my English was horrible (my native language is Ukrainian) so... yeah, you know the rules. No posts - no stuff lol. =)

https://www.youtube.com/user/wtf81293
izuky87

izuky87

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 12:15 pm

I found the forum looking for mods call of duty and other games of various franchises, since the nexus is forbidden to post things from other games ... looking out at other forums, when I found the VGU! Very Happy

Ghost_1021

Ghost_1021

Character sheet
Name: Hroth Gunnerson
Faction: Minutemen
Level: 38

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 12:46 pm

I honestly, do not remember how I originally came to the VGU. I apparently had an account made when I registered and max and I worked it out. At first the post limit was daunting because I was working and going to college, but like others said, it was quite helpful, and the community here is just a thousand times better than the nexus community.

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 1:20 pm

I was looking for REZ's extinct mods and was whispered from a Nexus member that he resided in another community, which then I found VGU back then and seen the awesome stuff in display such as the resident evil mod, face masks and the mech mods to name a few.
Back to top Go down
hitman47101

hitman47101

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 6:54 pm

A long time ago on an internet pretty close.

I had heard whispers of a place where the nexus rules against porting didn't apply, where modders went after they were unceremoniously booted from the nexus for stupid reasons.

People always posted pics on the nexus using drags stuff and they were always banned shortly after, i thought that they must be getting this stuff from somewhere.

What finally tipped me off was one of Xilandro's videos about his blackout ENB, someone in the comments section identified the cool armor he was using as one of Soap's armors from dragbody's armor packs on VGU.

I went searching and i found the old site but i also found rumors and slander about the place and its moderators, this scared young and stupid me, when i check out the site i was even more terrified, the minimum post limit, the fact that they expected you to treat it like a community and not a download hub, everyone was so established and part of the community, i felt i had no place there.  

At this point young and stupid me was 100% convinced that i would never EVER post anything on the internet ever, too worried about saying the wrong thing, upsetting someone or seeming like an idiot who's no use to anyone.

So i made an account to get the publicly released BF3 sound pack and never did anything else, I'd pop in every now and again to see if anything had been uploaded in the public download section and one day the site wasn't there, i assumed it was down for extended maintenance but after i few weeks i found the facebook page saying the site was dead but there was a free one here.

Made an account here and after about a week of racking my nervous, paranoid brain i made my first post in the welcome section, not out of a need for mods but a desire to be a part of a community for once, thanks to nice people like Brigand i almost instantly found myself enjoying my time here.

(End boring story)

So long and very boring story short, i found it though one of Xilandro's videos and I'm very happy i took that first step.
The mods are a nice bonus but the community and people hare are the best around and the reason i will never leave, this place is my home now. Smile

Last edited by hitman47101 on Tue May 20, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistakes)
Back to top Go down
gloomor

gloomor

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:38 pm

I came to the old VGU after saw some youtube videos of xxShepardxx.

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 10:19 pm

A friend of mine told me about the VGU 2 or 3 years ago but i wasnt intrested much but now i realise this is the most awesomest site about modding ever people can share their creations with other people help them or give them some advice and i had missed much too much i love this place.Cheers to the man that created this site Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
tonystark407

tonystark407

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:11 pm

So, I was watching another fallout nv video from Ncrvet and I liked the content he was reviewing. After that I decided to follow VGU. So simple...
Back to top Go down
thefo3fan

thefo3fan

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyWed May 21, 2014 8:55 am

I found out about this from while searching for stuff for fallout. Glad I found this radical (So 90's  TongueTril ) Forum!

noopis

noopis

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyWed May 21, 2014 7:25 pm

I think I either heard about the site from the Fallout Nexus or I saw a video of the Section 8 armor mod on youtube, it was a while back when Fallout 3 was still somewhat new. The 30 post thing wasn't a big deal for me, I was happy to find an online community where people wouldn't nail you to a piece of wood for your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Solid Snake

Solid Snake

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU EmptyThu May 22, 2014 11:36 am

I have no recollection of how I actually got to the VGU Network. I was at the old site, mind you.
I think I just came across it via Google or something, I dunno.

"Nail me to my car and I'll tell you who you are"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you came to VGU   How you came to VGU Empty

Back to top Go down

How you came to VGU

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: News, Events, Administration :: Welcome-