Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

_
July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

How do I get access to special mods or what ever they're called?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level: ∞

PostSubject: Re: How do I get access to special mods or what ever they're called?   Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:44 am

You have to get promoted to "Colonial" to get access to the Private Mods category. Reading the sites FAQ will help you with most questions you may have. Staying active and having fun on the forums is the best advice i can give you, and sure enough you'll be on your way :-)
http://vgunetwork.forumotion.net/faq

PostSubject: Re: How do I get access to special mods or what ever they're called?   Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:47 am

have fun, enjoy the community, give credit where credit is due, and don't brown nose for a promotion and you'll be there soon brother Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Ceane

PostSubject: Re: How do I get access to special mods or what ever they're called?   Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:55 am

DiamondDog now has 2299 posts, Fallout 4 confirmed.

But on topic, read this thread. It has all the information on which ranks you can go for and how to get them.

My Achievements:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ProAtlasSpoon

PostSubject: Re: How do I get access to special mods or what ever they're called?   Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:42 pm

I
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VaultDweller87

PostSubject: Re: How do I get access to special mods or what ever they're called?   Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Wish I could pay a yearly fee for access,I just don't have much time to stay active in community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElMaldito

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Outer Haven
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: How do I get access to special mods or what ever they're called?   Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:10 pm

@VaultDweller87 Dude, first of all, don't overrate the "private" section, a lot of it are WIPs and some stuff that's the autor wish to keep private not the staff, it's not the big deal, believe me when i say that most of the mods(and the bests) are public, second, this is a C O M M U N I T Y not fucking Bethesda's site, go there if you want to pay for mods(i wouldn't recommend that though, cause, you know, we don't want to feed Beth's greedy/lazy ass)

That being said, i would recommend you to just make posts here and there, when you can, no need to rush it, you're free to share your thoughts about x topic, request a mod, or ask for help if you have any issue with mods 'n stuff.

Oh and welcome to GUN.

Kek:

Last edited by ElMaldito on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: How do I get access to special mods or what ever they're called?   Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:33 pm

@VaultDweller87 wrote:
Wish I could pay a yearly fee for access,I just don't have much time to stay active in community

The mods hosted here are submitted by the mod authors free of charge and use a number of borrowed assets. When you start bringing money into the equation it becomes pretty messy as after all, which mods are you paying for access to, how is the money divided among staff/authors and also the fact that charging for said assets would validate any and all forms of fair use.

The site has no authority over the mods and it is in fact the authors who make the decision of where to post, mainly to protect their work. Allowing payments for such requires no trust at all, and is essentially paid mods, which everyone here universally despises.

Most, if not everyone here has other things going on in their lives, and can't sit around and post 24/7. No one expects that. Keep patient, present yourself well, be helpful and contribute and you'll be promoted in no time. They won't change the rules any time soon. Also, offering money in exchange for promotion is against site rules. I know that's not what you're suggesting, but it's linked to your suggestion.

As has been said, there are far less mods in the private section than the public section. Said mods are largely WIPs, and they will not vastly change your fallout experience. They are cool and fun and unique, but having them now or later will make no real difference in the long run. Many of these mods wind up on the public section eventually anyway. Case in point being FO4 Power Armour.

Just be patient. All good things come with time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I get access to special mods or what ever they're called?   

Back to top Go down

How do I get access to special mods or what ever they're called?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-