Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged Ryse upgrades Superpele boomers body mandalorian Call FCOM dead space vault machine Mask Gear commonwealth NPCs khan riot hunk marvel wolfenstein boom money ghoul daryl
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Empty
PostSubject: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:06 am

AUTO-EDIT: Sorry for seeming like a total scrub. I'm still trying to fit into this modding community, and I was kind of annoyed at the time. But not with my peeps on the VGU.

I'm still aggravated with how unbearably long and Hulk-smash!-ingly frustrating that boring ending is. I mean, it was going on for 10 solid minutes before I ragequit and Alt-F4'd it. Why the hell are the DLC endings that long? I mean, I could've watched a SpongeBob SquarePants segment or something like that in that time, possibly a full episode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:42 am

Well I watched it mainly for the lore. To familiarize myself with the history of the place. You might just play it for the gameplay, but I liked the lore.
But I do agree it is a bit long, especially if you just want to get into the gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:49 am

The entire play-through of Old World Blue of mine felt boring as hell, probably the least-liked DLC in my taste. There's just nothing to make me to wanting to go to explore. I got tired of playing that DLC. :/

kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:52 am

Because somehow somewhere someone will complain about something not being covered in the end and all there effort is a waste because they dont know the after effects. Then boom instant person who hates bethesda and rants about how bad the game was. Example Mass Effect 3.
Back to top Go down
AdayDr1en

AdayDr1en

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 3:18 am

Sorry, but.. The game(NV) itself is very story-driven. Unlike a lot of other games or movies.
It's writers saw to making it complex and with depth. And unlike a lot of other games or movies, the writers of it have saw to it that each story in the game, major or minor, were wrapped up effectively. They wanted to give answered/explained closure and result to a lot of the game's characters, communities, and histories of it's locations. That's actually a big difference, in context, compared to Fallout 3. Stories' focus was mainly on a single character(the protagonist, aka, the lone wander). Wasn't like this in the olden Fallout games. Not everyone's noticed, but Bethesda(they made Fallout 3) aren't into character development or complexity in plots. They do great with gameplay, despite being somewhat casual, but their games' stories are always written casually. Unfortunately. Often, they're very simplistic with detail. They don't leave plot holes open though, but they don't leave real room for any either. All elder scrolls games have been the same. I, though, back on topic for this thread, wanna say NV's characters kick the crap out of F3's any day. Jericho was cool, but that was it. Anyone like Boone. ? Smile

blivit270

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 3:23 am

would you rather spend your money on a shorter epilogue?

Sinister

Sinister

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:06 am

I listened to the entire thing the first time I played it, so I could get the full story and details. Now I avoid it just because of how long it is. It's all good information, but it does get extremely annoying to listen to after the first time. That's how it is for me at least.

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:32 am

My reaction to a question like this.
Spoiler:

The epilogue is long because the Courier did quite a lot of stuff in the Big Empty, thats one.
Second, like people before me said, FNV is story driven without some pompous Must Save The World crap like FO3 so its not all Yeah, you did it! Now have a cheeseburger!

Third, if a game is played and a storyline is finished you want to see the outcome of your actions so rather than get a video, you get a slideshow which in Fallouts case is a good feature, traditional too.
Not because someone where ranted about the ME3 ending which sucked and for the love of Talos there is no denying that.

So I'd rather have a 20 minute long slideshow with Hellboy doing the voice over than "Done" and then black screen.
Back to top Go down
ABakedPotato1234

ABakedPotato1234

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 7:53 am

Because they want you to remember how long the DLC is... So when your sitting there, just take your time to remember how on it was

Eetterinakki

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Story driven game, story driven DLCs.

There's a certain thing I've noticed when playing these, especially with Dead Money:
You won't be able to enjoy it if you don't pay attention to the story. And if you don't pay attention, you won't have any idea what the epilogues is even talking about. They pretty much expect you to, since it's unskippable.

Personally I liked how they closed up on the different characters you met depending on your choices.

Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 3:36 pm

I felt it was intentionally long and made the player sit there and watch as apposed to hearing the narrators say sweet nothings to the player and just fade to black. It made you listen and take it at what was done or had been done. Just like the opening part of the dlc where you talk to the Drs. It goes on pointlessly forever and just drags on but in a comedic way. Almost like the Dev's put it in there to just make players annoyed lol.
Back to top Go down
MaxoftheRocks

MaxoftheRocks

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:01 pm

It was definitely intentionally long, and I found it hilarious hahaha.
Back to top Go down
KaizerBlack

KaizerBlack

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Well, that DLC has some of the best stuffs in it, especially if you're a stealth sniper type of char...
Though that ridiculous armor just won't shut up, lol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?   Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why the hell is the epilogue of Old World Blues so long?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1