Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
NPCs FCOM vault ghoul Reforged Ryse boomers dead Mask hunk mandalorian daryl khan money riot Call commonwealth machine boom Superpele space marvel upgrades body wolfenstein Gear
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 1:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 11:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 11:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 11:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:29 pm

» Late Introduction
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:29 am

» Greetings!
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:50 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Bset Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:01 am

» hi i'm new person
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby Skroge Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby CommunistDragon Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:37 am

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaw72290

gaw72290

Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Empty
PostSubject: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:27 pm

Hey guys, so i was thinking about starting a new, hardercore playthrough of FNV and I was wondering if anyone knows of any mods that decrease the number of guns that NPCs use as weapons? I was wanting to make it feel like every gun and every bullet is a luxury and that i would have to use each one sparingly. I know Project Nevada can decrease the number of munitions that you can find in boxes and stuff, but I dont think it limits the number of NPC guns. If you guys know of any, please let me know!

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:41 pm

I understand how this could be useful for someone who wants a truly grinding experience in Fallout, but sadly I don't know of one. It shouldn't be that difficult to make, simple scripting in G.E.C.K.

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:43 pm

not possible unless someone with crazy scripting know how can do it, that will remove placed objects, and respawn npc objects. Not a good idea as well you will eventually be left with your fist....

PostSubject: Re: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:45 pm

It wouldn't be that difficult to do, just time consuming.  You'd need to load GECK and change a lot of combatstyle settings and inventory for the various enemies you'd want to remove ranged weapons from, as well as alter some leveled item lists for things (which is risky if you don't know what you're doing).  

The easiest change that could bring you closer to the desired effect, though, would be to change the weapons themselves.  NPCs and creatures like super mutants don't actually use/consume their ammo for most weapons (meaning they can reload infinitely).  You could change all ranged weapons so that they always consume ammunition from the inventory which would = less ammo to be looted from stuff you kill.

Speaking honestly - and you might feel differently - I don't think the end result would be anywhere near worth the effort.  
Back to top Go down
gaw72290

gaw72290

PostSubject: Re: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:00 pm

thanks for all the feedback on that... i figured it would be pretty hard to do, and my modding capabilities are nowhere near good enough to do that... I was just wondering if there was a mod out there that already did that, but i agree.. as cool as the idea might have been, it prolly wouldnt have been worth the trouble

PostSubject: Re: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1