Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call riot boomers Mask money upgrades khan body machine NPCs Gear ghoul hunk boom vault dead mandalorian wolfenstein marvel daryl commonwealth Ryse FCOM Superpele space Reforged
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rest_in_pepperoni

rest_in_pepperoni

Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Empty
PostSubject: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 5:22 pm

I was thinking, when fo4 releases which speech mechanic would you like to see, the speech percentage chance from fo3 or the New vegas determined speech requirements, or maybe you had a new idea, i would love to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Jordingdong

Jordingdong

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:04 pm

I'm not sure if this applies but I would love to actually have a voice for your character for when you speak with NPC's, I think it would be ore immersive.
Back to top Go down
Furente7

Furente7

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:16 pm

Jordingdong wrote:
I'm not sure if this applies but I would love to actually have a voice for your character for when you speak with NPC's, I think it would be ore immersive.

^ I second this. I was wanting to attempt to do that with Fallout or Skyrim. Record a segment of speech and place it before an NPC's voice response, but disable the NPC's talking animations until its own dialogue played. It seems more trouble than it's worth.

Hopefully Fallout 4 rectifies this. *cough*Jennifer Hale pls*cough*
Back to top Go down
ebiggz315

ebiggz315

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:17 pm

wat if it was something along the lines of mass effect
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:21 pm

Jordingdong wrote:

That'd make it harder for modders though. They won't have the exact actor to record for their mods which require the player to speak whatsoever. Of course you can just ignore it with no voice like the other Fallouts but it'd feel really weird when a minute ago when your character was speaking with a vanilla npc they were talking and all but then switch to the mod and suddenly no voice. It's that annoying feeling if you know what I meant.

blueylucky38

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:40 am

hmm I would like a mix of both like you can talk and when you have a higher speech level you can say more things to them while you could also have percent chances were you can like say the thing and still have a chance at failing I think it would have more of an interesting approach at talking to people this way so yeah I would also like to see that when you have a high charisma level your character is more used to talking to people and you have higher chances of having a successful speech and you also have more advanced things to say so yeah that's my opinion on how i'd have it so yeah thanks for reading guys PEACE! Vault boy Smile

hitman47101

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 2:02 am

Hmm i prefer the New Vegas system myself, I think the Fallout 3 percentage system lends itself too much to save scumming.

Perhaps a hybrid of the two somehow, slight chance to pass the check even if you don't have the requirement, by slight i mean like 1 or 2% haha

I would not play Fallout 4 at all if it had a voiced protagonist. unless i could mod the voice away completely, that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 2:04 am

^ Me too. Fallout is about role playing, choosing what you want to be, making you having a specific voice attached to you feel kinda... not Fallout.

Furente7

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:39 am

alonewolf003 wrote:
Jordingdong wrote:

That'd make it harder for modders though. They won't have the exact actor to record for their mods which require the player to speak whatsoever. Of course you can just ignore it with no voice like the other Fallouts but it'd feel really weird when a minute ago when your character was speaking with a vanilla npc they were talking and all but then switch to the mod and suddenly no voice. It's that annoying feeling if you know what I meant.

That is a valid issue, but there also is potential for some great community voice actor packs, like the voices of Niner, Willow e.c.t. An alternative could be the option at the start of the game to enable protagonist vocals with dialoague options or just have "legacy" text-based dialogue options.

From a dev's point of view.. Having silent characters allows the player to create their own persona, but sometimes it'd just be great to have one already there for you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 5:33 am

Jordingdong wrote:

I agree. The 'silent protagonist' went out of style years ago. After Shepard, Hawke, Jensen, etc... there's just no reason for it anymore, IMO.
Back to top Go down
zparkzter

zparkzter

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:33 am

The New Vegas system hands down. It actually made investing in the speech skill more worth it whereas Fallout 3 on the other hand feels like a hit and miss. You can still fail at 80% so this leads to the reload problem. Fallout 4 should expand on this system by creating it so that there is more to say and more information to obtain just like what bluelucky said. The percentage system should never come back as it'll just ruin the immersion altogether.

Jordingdong

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:17 am

Furente7 wrote:
alonewolf003 wrote:
Jordingdong wrote:

That is a valid issue, but there also is potential for some great community voice actor packs, like the voices of Niner, Willow e.c.t. An alternative could be the option at the start of the game to enable protagonist vocals with dialoague options or just have "legacy" text-based dialogue options.

From a dev's point of view.. Having silent characters allows the player to create their own persona, but sometimes it'd just be great to have one already there for you

This is a very good point, it could allow for a whole new category of mods and the part on a persona yeah your right but it is possible to make different persona packs like you have stated. I didn't think about a persona because I personally don't make up a persona when playing Fallout3/NV
Back to top Go down
Scorpio9

Scorpio9

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:18 pm

Well whatever system they use, I will always be able to use gun if negotiations take wrong turn.
Back to top Go down
rest_in_pepperoni

rest_in_pepperoni

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Scorpio9 wrote:
Well whatever system they use, I will always be able to use gun if negotiations take wrong turn.
Hahaha true true. There's always a plan b Gunslinger
Back to top Go down
ZeroParticle

ZeroParticle

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:12 pm

An issue with voiced protagonist is that it would decrease the amount of available dialogue choices/checks due to added VO cost. Instead, we would most likely see the Mass Effect style convo option of Good, Bad, or Neutral response.

Since I like the NV system of speech requirement - where different perks/stats open up new convo options, I am not sure voiced protagonist is for me. Admittedly, as it stands now, a lot of the dialogue choices in FO3/NV led to the same response, but it adds to a sense of immersion/role playing.
Back to top Go down
TinyWaterbear

TinyWaterbear

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:17 am

The whole silent protagonist thing never really bothered me, since when I'm reading the possible response(s), I'm hearing those lines in my character's voice anyways. That said, I have nothing but love for the Jennifer Hales and Raphael Sbarges of the world - both of them could read the phone book and I'd be demanding that they just take my money already.

I'd like to see a return to the percentage-based speech challenges, but I'd like to see those affected by how you treat the character in speech and action, not just by your raw skill scores. If you're a real jerk to someone who's been your ally or if you're buttering up someone who has cause to be suspicious of your motives, that should result in a more difficult check. Likewise, if you've really helped someone out in the past, they might be more willing to help you out in the future, even if you have the charisma of room-temperature porridge.

It'd also be nice to have some sort of engine magic that disallows save scumming, or at least recognizes when you're trying to do it and penalizes you for it.

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:43 am

ZeroParticle wrote:
An issue with voiced protagonist is that it would decrease the amount of available dialogue choices/checks due to added VO cost. Instead, we would most likely see the Mass Effect style convo option of Good, Bad, or Neutral response.

Since I like the NV system of speech requirement - where different perks/stats open up new convo options, I am not sure voiced protagonist is for me. Admittedly, as it stands now, a lot of the dialogue choices in FO3/NV led to the same response, but it adds to a sense of immersion/role playing.

And to me it ruins immersion to walk around as a mute that doesn't even look at the characters I'm speaking to.  But the chances of Bethesda giving us a 'Shepard' are slim to none, seeing how Skyrim sold like hotcakes despite its flaws, and they're light on innovation to begin with.  

Many would argue that Obsidian made the best 'Bethesda' game of recent years, which is telling.
Back to top Go down
dcminh

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 12:56 am

Tesvixen wrote:

And to me it ruins immersion to walk around as a mute that doesn't even look at the characters I'm speaking to.  But the chances of Bethesda giving us a 'Shepard' are slim to none, seeing how Skyrim sold like hotcakes despite its flaws, and they're light on innovation to begin with.  

Many would argue that Obsidian made the best 'Bethesda' game of recent years, which is telling.

Way I see it Obsidian knows how to write a good story while Beth knows how to make good landscape to explore.

Anyway I think I'd like the speech mechanic in New Vegas way more than FO3 simply because I dont like those percentage. Also would be good to have more voice actors, and more dialog variety. I can't comprehend why all the voice actors has the same line like "Some people call this junk. Me? I call it treasure." Big Slap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:40 am

On that we are in complete agreement.  They reeeeeeeeally need to record more lines.  Games in general do in fact.

I was running the current WOW raid last night and to hear the 4th boss say "RISE.... MOUNTAIN" a total of around 110 times (he splits into 2, then 4, then 8 versions of himself - each of them saying this) had me ready to shove pencils in my ears.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:42 am

I like the % because even if your speech sucks you have a small chance to convince him. If it fails you reload the game and try again TongueTril

Speaking of lines and dialogue I thought Dragon Age Inquisition had a ton of lines. Like I prob spent hours upon hours just listening to the dialogue of everyone around me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?   Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which speech mechanic would you like to see in Fo4?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next