Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk machine boomers marvel daryl Superpele dead mandalorian Reforged Gear Ryse FCOM Overhaul ghoul riot wolfenstein money body commonwealth Armor khan boom vault Mask NPCs Call
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Would you become ghoulified if you would never age and die?
Yes
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? I_vote_lcap44%Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 64 ]
No
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? I_vote_lcap44%Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 63 ]
I'm already a ghoul
Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? I_vote_lcap12%Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 144

AuthorMessage
dragbody

dragbody

Character sheet
Name: Riddick
Faction: I bow to no man.
Level: Animal

Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Empty
PostSubject: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Here's a question I had never considered until just now. It's an interesting one so I want to ask the entire community what you all think.

In Fallout, ghouls seem to stop aging. They're ugly, but like Tolkien elves, they seem immortal (deadly injuries notwithstanding).

So, quite simply, the question is whether or not you guys would become ghoulified if it meant you could escape physical death indefinitely?
Back to top Go down
DVAted

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:15 pm

To be fair, they do age, but slower.
In the Underworld you find out that after a few hundred years or exposed to too much radiation (or maybe to lack of radiation, since rads heal them and as we know, the Water purifier, only slightly altered, would wipe out mutated life form from the wasteland), it goes to somewhere along the lines of your brain rotting and becoming feral.
makes me think that all feral ghouls we use as practice target, weren't only people before, but they were sane ghouls too, for a time.

Me personally, I'd do it but only after I'm 60-70 years old. If only to find out how video games and movies turn out in the future.
I like physical contact too much to give it up that easily, so I'd hang on to my skin as much as possible. and I'd like to have some grandchildren too closed eyes smile

Good question, though

Back to top Go down
dragbody

dragbody

Character sheet
Name: Riddick
Faction: I bow to no man.
Level: Animal

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:20 pm

@DVAted

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I guess I had never explored the mythology deeply. I was making assumptions based on Raul's story from hundreds of years before that ghouls were more or less frozen in time in terms of aging.

Well, let's just say for the sake of argument that ghouls don't die. Smile
Back to top Go down
hitman47101

hitman47101

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:21 pm

I don't mind the thought of being a ghoul as such but the thought of living forever or for a significantly longer the average amount of time is a bit iffy, you'd see everything and everyone you care for wither and die with you being helpless to stop it.

Unless you ghoulify them as well... yes, that's the solution XD

I'll go with yes, if i can also ghoulify my friends and such. haha
Back to top Go down
booders

booders

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:24 pm

All you need is makeup.Lots of it.I mean like...a lot of it,like...a lot.I mean just look at Kim Kardashian.I know her in real life and she's probably almost as ugly as a feral ghoul without makeup.

AdvancedTerror

Character sheet
Name: Ben (Blaze) Maddox
Faction: Raider
Level: 62

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:27 pm

The risk isn't worth for me. For instance I could become a Ghoul and then ten years later be hit by a bus and die. So the ten years I spent as a Ghoul, rotting skin, pain and persecution would be for nothing.

So no, I would not chose to become a Ghoul because you are not invincible and are still susceptible to a bullet in the head.

Interesting question though.

Last edited by AdvancedTerror on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GenericRifleman

GenericRifleman

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:32 pm

Much as I would like to give the time I'd have to making the wasteland a better place, I don't think the Wastelanders would be very appreciative of me. Underworld is a depressing place too, I mean, it's an exhibit about Hell and the only company you have are other ghouls. Not to mention self proclaimed 'zombie hunters' out for my head. closed eyes smile

I'll stay human on this one. Even if it means a normal human death. However... maybe I can prolong it without becoming a ghoul. I learned the best biology at American High after all...
Back to top Go down
John Henry Eden

John Henry Eden

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Of course i would do this! Why not? Ok you are ugly, but for me it doesn't matter. It would be nice to live for ever. PS you only become a feral if you get to much RAD from the begining.

Back to top Go down
foxylucario

foxylucario

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:55 pm

I don't think I could handle it so no ide never become a ghoul
Back to top Go down
BallsOnTheDelli

BallsOnTheDelli

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:15 pm

No I don't think I would, I agree that your not exactly invincible as a ghoul and going feral don't sound like the best way to go I think ill take my chances at the Big Empty cybernetics will surely get me a few extra years.

Storyteller

Storyteller

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Absolutely, with everything we know about Ghouls at this moment, no what ifs or "if I had this, or if I could do this, then yeah" nope. I'll take the opportunity at Immortality every single time. I'm a father, I love my children, and no parent should see their children die. That does not stop me from realizing what an opportunity it is to have such a remarkable and extended lifespan.

You can study your own condition, and with the expertise and mastery that comes from being a subject matter expert given time to focus on what field of study and passion you could find the answers to so many questions: especially how to reverse the negative side effects of the condition.
This is not the same as different generations of scientists working one after the other, simply look at the level of familiarity, mastery, and foremost expertise that people who dedicate their lives to a work vs the level of mastery that comes from someone who is relatively new to the field looking at the research of those who came before them.

The ability to travel the world, to study, to learn...indefinitely is far more worth it than simple looks. Physical beauty is only skin deep, the ability to become the most remarkable man in existence is worth it. If I have to be clad in a masked outfit (Darth Vader had no issue being awesome) when dealing with the outside world than its a price worth paying. There is simply too much to see and too much to learn out there.
Back to top Go down
The Red Shoe

The Red Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:42 am

I'm not really sure truthfully. It seems like a big risk that has more cons then pros. For example you can still die, From what I know ghouls still get treated like crap regardless if they are feral or not, skin that falls off of your body, if you ghoulify after your kids are born, good chance you'll see them die,and the chance on going feral. Pros are the aging and immunity to radiation but that's all I can really think of.

I'm gonna say no because while I would like to see the future I still would rather die with the body I recognize as my own.

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:46 am

I would become indeed.Just to roam the streets or to walk in dust if it is an apocalyptic world we are talking about just roam,tell my stories and leave as a ghost,a ghost of the wasteland.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 1:08 am

Hell no, I rather die as a man. Screw being a "zombie". I rather die than be ghoulified.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
Antracite

Antracite

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 1:09 am

No, I wouldn't be able to find - to recognize myself again. I'd lose my identity in the most terrible way, the appearance. Not that the future holds many surprises to be seen.
Back to top Go down
ZeroParticle

ZeroParticle

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 2:28 am

No. Absolutely not.

Between the outcast status, the risk of going feral, and the 'shoot on sight' attitude that some of the more trigger happy wastelanders adopt, a chance to live longer doesn't seem entirely worth it.

In fact, I would probably go for super mutant myself. Insane strength, healing factor, and if the wiki is to be trusted, biological immortality. Okay, being sterile sucks, but still...

Also, I guess people is probably less likely to take pot shots at you or insult you when you could tear them limb from limb without even really trying.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Crepsley

Mr. Crepsley

Character sheet
Name: Fried Chicken Man
Faction: Factions? pffffffffffffff
Level: 0.0000000001

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 2:54 am

Nah, ghouls don't have many advantages besides being resistant to radiation and not being attacked by Ferals. C'mon nearly everybody hates ghouls! So yeah I ain't becoming a ghoul.

blueylucky38

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 4:43 am

Nope I wouldn't because I think I wouldn't like to see all my friends age and die but also I think that I would be killed on sight by some people that would suck too but mostly because what if my friends don't recognise me and think I'm feral and kill me that wouldn't be nice but yeah if I did I'd probably live to tell many tales of the wasteland Very Happy thanks for reading guys and peace!!

Marcos A

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 5:30 am

No, for one it looks like it hurts youre basically walking torn flesh. Two, ghouls in the fallout world face the equivalent of discrimination we have in ours. Three, if its not the bombs that killed me it would be the harsh wasteland that would so even if i was a ghoul id still be an average joe and probably die of other causes pretty quick lol.
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 9:53 am

As much as I want to live long to see what humanity will become and what the future holds, I'd prefer to be a cyborg closed eyes smile. Not trying to sound out of the topic but being a ghoul probably will smell pretty bad, and I can't stand bad smell closed eyes smile, + lots of people will discriminate you as well if you're a ghoul.

PostSubject: Re: Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?   Would you become a ghoul if you could never die? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you become a ghoul if you could never die?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next