Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
August 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Announcement: The Winds of Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Arcades

Arcades

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: Legion
Level: 25

Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 6:22 pm

@Alixen wrote:
@Commander Wolffe wrote:
@Alixen
The community's activity also dwindled due to how Fallout 4 turned out to be less than desired, let alone with the release of Fallout 76.

Yeah, honestly that's my main (light) concern really. The brand really has taken a nasty beating over the last few years, and it's looking to be around a decade until the next entry. Maybe we could look at Cyberpunk in articles as it's release draws nearer? Starfield will hopefully be something be can also use as a springboard as it aligns pretty nicely with the scifi interest a lot of posters and modders alike here share.

Personally, I was always really suprised that Skyrim never took off here. Even though GUN IS Fallout focused, the modding scenes overlap quite a bit and Skyrim modding is pretty much the biggest modding scene. Hopefully Cyberpunk is mod-friendly, though as that would most definitely attract newcomers

TastyHands

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 6:52 am

Personally, I feel like Skyrim never really "took off" here because while there is some overlap. There isn't much to port over to Skyrim other than armor mods really, and eventually you run out of things to port that can fit. Fallout is lot more forgiving with what ends up looking good in-game in that sense.

On top of that, there are a lot of people that just don't like Elder Scrolls that much. I've played a good bit of the elder scrolls games, but I always go back to Fallout. It's just my default, and I assume that's similar for a lot of people here. Skyrim just doesn't hit the same feelings that Fallout does.

(also I cant stand the majority of the Skyrim modding scene. Too many skimpy armor mods for the sake of skimpy armor. Too many bland, dialog-less anime waifu companion mods. I know that's not all of it, but it's a good majority of it and it's just personally not my taste)

Also. I'm not going to lie, but I don't entirely understand this statement.
"So with this we've decided to lock off the entire Colonial section, the colonials special access will be lifted and the mod creators will be able to decide for themselves to let their mods be locked off or put out for every member to access."

So the colonial rank is gone? Or the wall behind mods is gone? And what exactly has happened to the roles? I read another post saying that the new ones were down below but I don't understand the meaning of them at this point. Basically, I don't know how my role has changed, what I've gained or lost access to, or really what it means, and I've read over it a few times. Maybe I'm just misreading it but if anyone could clarify the new role meaning a bit that would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Commander Wolffe

Commander Wolffe

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 12:49 pm

@TastyHands well fallout 4 is just armours and guns and big boob mods.
Ocassionally Skyrim brings out good stuff more frequent than Fallout 4 has, true I'm sick of the dialogue less companions.

Yet I always look at new medieval games and think boy this would be great to have in Skyrim.
As I had hoped to see more Dark Souls/Witcher stuff incorperated in Skyrim.

As for the Colonial rank as I've said in this topic before: The wall behind the mods is gone, it's up to the modders if they want to release them publicly or not.
The rank is there as a title as the rest are with exceptions to Paladin, Purple Hearts and Overseer.

@Alixen I hope Cyberpunk will give the modding scene a new playground to go around with, but that remains to be seen.
Seeing as Starfield runs on basically the same engine as the Fallout/Elder Scrolls it could be moddable.
Yet as I noticed with Fallout 4 it could be they're going to hinder us in the process.
F4 required a basic few things for mods to work, which if I recall wasn't present with NV.

Maybe with the steam release of The Outer World we might see mods coming out for that too.
Back to top Go down
Chr1s0g

Chr1s0g

Character sheet
Name: Chris
Faction: None
Level: 0

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 am

I respect the decision of the staff i feel the Colonial rank was abused far too much as it was with downloads of gun stuff showing up all over the place against modders wishes. In the End of the day respect the modders an they will keep modding an releasing. I for one never uploaded any mods here as ive seen other peoples work get abused Smile

Back to top Go down
Arcades

Arcades

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: Legion
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:56 pm

@Chr1s0g wrote:
I respect the decision of the staff i feel the Colonial rank was abused far too much as it was with downloads of gun stuff showing up all over the place against modders wishes. In the End of the day respect the modders an they will keep modding an releasing. I for one never uploaded any mods here as ive seen other peoples work get abused Smile

I think that was more the case with a few people getting angry and "mod-dumping' before leaving the site rather than a bunch of people slowly leaking mods.

Chr1s0g

Character sheet
Name: Chris
Faction: None
Level: 0

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 12:54 pm

@Arcades wrote:
@Chr1s0g wrote:

I think that was more the case with a few people getting angry and "mod-dumping' before leaving the site rather than a bunch of people slowly leaking mods.

That was not my understanding of it as ive been approached many times from people that are not from GUN to leak things when Mod piracy was a thing they even had a shopping list of sorts. Anyways that dont matter now really good day to you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Announcement: The Winds of Change

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3