Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
commonwealth Mask FCOM NPCs ghoul body vault dead boomers machine marvel Call upgrades wolfenstein hunk khan daryl boom Gear Reforged money riot Superpele Ryse mandalorian space
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby ZedraxStereo Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle

BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Empty
PostSubject: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:15 pm

I'm sitting in an alleyway in this small town my squad is defending.  First chance I've had away from my recon duties to relax in days, the enemy has been pushing hard towards our position for weeks.  2 bites into a sandwich and the call comes in, enemy armor moving into the area, with VTOL support.  Then the comm signal fills with static, the sound of an artillery shell impacting coming from my squads field HQ in the center of town.  Shit, and this sandwich was good.

I find myself a roof with some cover, just myself and my sniper rifle.  The enemy armor comes in from 3 directions,  and a VTOL gunship makes quick work of the few turrets we had.  I can see smoke from the other 2 outlying towns, looks like the squads there got hit already.  Nothing I can do up here, my rifle can't do anything against armor.  I stay out of sight, get off the roof.  Back on the ground, behind a dumpster, I check my sat up-link.  The enemy has pushed the front-lines quite a ways past the town, and only my icon is showing for my squad.  I do see 2 friendlies in the NW town, one that got hit first.  Time to move, getting too busy here.

I get to the edge of town, not much cover between this town and the NW town.  I'm running for it anyway, beats sitting on my ass waiting to be found.  I'm on a hillside, about halfway there, I see a VTOL coming in, enemy.  No cover.  I drop, play dead.  The VTOL makes a low sweep, stopping to hover a few times, once close, too close.  It moves on, I wasn't spotted.  I get up, make another 5 steps, enemy tanks coming over the hill.  I drop, play dead again.   Two more tanks, an apc, a fourth tank, a couple FAVs close behind it.  They don't slow down.  I wait...  it's been about a minute, breath, they didn't see me.  I get up, and keep running.

I make it into the NW town.  The other squad radios me, 4 hostiles in a building, they're about to ambush them.  I move to cover them.  A grenade is throw into an open window, yelling, grenade goes off, no more yelling.  The two friendlies storm the building, gunfire.  The HUD icon for one of them goes out, he's down.  Remaining friendly still shooting, I'm running to a better position, to get a view.  His gun goes silent, icon disappears.  No idea how many hostiles left,  but one of their FAVs is nearby.  I run for it, climb into the gunner's position, bring the MG around to bear as a hostile exits the building.  I give him a quick burst of fire, he's down.  No more movement.  I climb over into the driver seat, need to link up with others.  Checking my map when I spot hostile tank and APC coming down the road into town.  Start up the FAV and floor it, swerving around the remains of a defensive turret.  MG rounds tear into the vehicle, a tank shell impacts close enough to rock me, I keep going.  I head around the town, go south, to where I last knew the line was being held.  More enemy armor.  I swerve to avoid their fire, more MG rounds hitting the FAV I'm in, tank shells whistling past.  I make it to the bridge over a dried up river, just south of the town I'd been in when this started.  The enemy seems to have regrouped here, town is swarming with hostiles.  I  try to ditch the FAV, brakes not working,  use a concrete barrier to stop.  Dive out, slide down the bank, FAV explodes, I feel the heat, sudden pain in my side.  Doesn't seem bad, I roll under the bridge, crawl to the opposite side.  I check my side, just a scratch.  I stop to get my bearings.  The enemy is pushing our lines again, I hear them above me, the bridge rumbling from the tanks, a gunship covering them, low.  I wait a minute, silence.  I crawl back up the bank, look around, no sign of anyone.  I get up, head into town, I see the comm tower we set up is still there.  I get inside, radio in what I know.  They tell me to hold tight, friendlies skirting around the armor, will link up with me in town.  I wait.

The friendly squad arrives in a couple FAVs and an APC, they get to setting up defensive positions.  I make my way back to my roof, wonder if the sandwich is still there.  Rounding a corner into the alleyway I was sitting in earlier,  enemy hover tank,  its pilot sitting on top, smoking.  Smoking kills, though usually not as loudly.  I push the former pilot off, and climb in.  Never driven one, but I know the basics.  I start it up, and work it out of the alley.  I get orders over the radio, I need to head to the NE town, friendly squad pinned down by armor.  Now I can do something about that...  Once I figure out how this thing handles.  I pinball my way out of town, I've gotten the hang of hover tanks by the time I get to the NE town.  Crest the hill, hostile APC, MG blazing into a building, hostile hover tank looking for a way around the back.  I fire my tanks main gun at the hostile tank, glancing hit.  It spins around to face me, I strafe to put their APC between us.  He fires anyway, almost puts the shell into the cockpit of the APC.  Main gun is reloaded, I strafe back,  fire,  direct hit, hostile tank is exploding.  I fire a shell into the APC as well, its crew isn't fast enough.  I'm turning to assist the friendly squad, missile lock warnings scream.  Can't find the countermeasures.  Set a record getting out of the tank,  just diving behind a wall when the missile hits, half the wall is gone, tank as well.  I see the gunship that fired on me right as a friendly VTOL gets its own missile in, nice fireball.  I link up with the squad, we pile into a FAV and head south, to an outpost we're holding the line at.

The outpost is small, has a partial wall with a couple towers, good sniping spots.  I climb the western tower, get into a nice spot overlooking the bridge to the north.  I don't have to wait long, enemy FAV and APC speeding in.  I take aim, FAV driver down, it crashes into a tank barricade.  2 hostiles stumble out, I drop one, then the other.  The APC has made it right into the outpost, hostiles pouring out.  I think of fish in a barrel, I smile.  Four drop before they realize it's a sniper.  Three more before I'm spotted.  The last two split up, one ducks out of sight, the other fires up at me, almost blindly.  I duck back, a grenade lands nearby, just out of reach.  Roll back into the doorway, grenade detonates, ears ringing, but it missed.  I roll back out, find them, silence them.  Reinforcements roll in, they missed it.  OH SHIT, hostile orbital bombardment alert, centered on this outpost.  I roll back into the tower, grab the ladd-

<<<SIGNAL LOST>>>

Story is based on one of my more intense BF2142 games years back when I actually played it still.  Fun times!
Back to top Go down
XFeniXRising

XFeniXRising

Character sheet
Name: Colton Voss
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:41 pm

Listen to this while you read it. Battlefield 2142 <3 Outstanding Story :')

Grom Hellscream: "And what Gul'dan, must we give in return?"
Gul'dan: "Everything."
Back to top Go down
Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks for the great link and for reading it. Always gets my heart racing, reading back over it, even 6 years later.
Back to top Go down
atlaslol

atlaslol

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Not a bad story actually...I can almost picture being in your shoes. It will be great to read some more stuff from you.
Back to top Go down
Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Sadly, I'm pretty lazy and rather dislike writing, only doing so when inspiration strikes, which is pretty rare. Which is sort of amusing in a contradictory way, since I DM a D&D game, which involves a lot of note keeping, creation of characters, and managing the history and development of the on-going game world.
Back to top Go down
atlaslol

atlaslol

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Well when inspiration does strike in your generation do give me a buzz aye? Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Sure thing.  One of my ongoing (very slowly ongoing) projects is working up a timeline of my D&D game, which will then get a summary of the gameworld, and what's happened so far.  It's quite a task, as the first session was back on Nov 6th, 2010, and has generally run once every week since then, with a few extra sessions here and there.  Then that surprise 3 day D&D spree that resulted in 30 hours of D&D over the 3 days. I don't remember which holiday induced 3-day weekend brought it on, but much fun was had.

So, yeah, lotta work to do on that.  I can provide a link if I ever finish enough to share.

Edit: It's all been done via IM programs, AIM at first, then switched over to IRC, so I have logs for everything still.  It's taking those logs, and working out a proper timeline of events, I was a bit lax in keeping proper track of elapsed game time at the start, which is biting me in the ass now, due to a number of time sensitive things occurring in the game.  But, i do at least know we've only gotten through around 4-5 months of time, in game, in the near 4 years it's been running.  So much stuff, in that time, and so much yet to do.  Spent a decade putting it together, after all.  Okay, I'm gonna stop now, I could go on about this till my fingers fell off from typing so much. Laugh Out Loud

Edit #2: Here's a raw log I had laying around from an early session, if anyone cares to have a look.
Spoiler:
Anything in ( ) is OOC talk.
Back to top Go down
atlaslol

atlaslol

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Awesome cheers for the snippet. Tole is kinda a likeable character it's been so long since I've experienced a dnd session so it's great to see how one pans out. So....what happens to Tole after?? I mean besides the nocturnal enjoyment TongueTril
Back to top Go down
Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Oh man, you've gone and opened the floodgates with that question...

The player behind Tole took a hiatus from the game for a few months in RL, so his character, Tole, was ICly (In-Characterly) staying with Lianna for the game time he missed.  It was played off as a vacation away from the party, but upon his return, Tole revealed that she turned out to be overly possessive, rather kinky, and much to his dismay, even later turned out to be a tentacled cosmic horror fit for Lovecraftian lore.  This was after he found out she'd somehow gotten into his head, so he was seeing hallucinations of her everywhere for awhile, had to see a psychic shrink cause he was going crazy from this and other things.

There's so much more, but that's all I have time to summarize atm.  Back to work with me.

Edit: The party rather recently (month or two ago, RL) tracked her down and killed her, in fact.
Back to top Go down
atlaslol

atlaslol

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Damn that's one plotline...

Well don't be shy if you've got more snippets or literature to post here. Just know that you have an eager reader. And maybe a few others but they're probably shy TongueTril
Back to top Go down
Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 5:32 pm

That's just a tiny bit of the main and some side plot lines.

Main plot, short version: Some ancient cosmic horrors that even the gods fear will awaken in 5 years, the party has to find a way to stop them.

Through a series of things, not all directly tied to the main plot, the party has so far managed to cause the outright destruction of one of these beings, far earlier than I'd thought.  Of course, this has also caused other issues they're now having to deal with.

I have so much I would love to share of this, but I'd have to get it into a sharable format.  Even the vast majority of the raw logs are something of a clusterfuck, and massive.

Edit: Anything else for it, I should probably start another thread for.
Back to top Go down
Vlabeto

Vlabeto

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 7:43 pm

Great story dude kept me interested the whole time reading it unlike 50% of other storys and books i read lol. Its very detailed kind of like my fan fics to i like it Thumbs Up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break   BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break Empty

Back to top Go down

BF2142 Fan-Fic: Lunch Break

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1