Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

Game of Thrones Season 8 963578843666749.3281.984305707
_
April 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Game of Thrones Season 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
conn11399

conn11399

Character sheet
Name: Elizabeth
Faction: Undecided
Level: 11

Game of Thrones Season 8 Empty
PostSubject: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 5:10 pm

Anyone excited for GoT tomorrow? I cant believe its the final season.

guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 7:51 am

I know I am. It's gonna be exactly 9am at my side of the Earth when the first episode hits the ground. Kinda sad that I can't watch in the comfort of my own bed with the night sky - where in reality I have to suffer the morning crowd on the train while praying for a good signal. Very Happy

I am One but We are Many. We are the boys in White. We Aim to Please. We are the First of the last Order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tuxek

tuxek

Character sheet
Name: How does this work
Faction: I don't get it
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 10:44 am

@guan12 I mean you could just wait and watch it when you get home haha.

I'm personally unsure if I should be excited or not. Honestly I prefer no ending over a disappointing one and I'm worried Game of Thrones might not give an ending that's satisfying when they only have 6 episodes and a lot of plotpoints to wrap up.
I just hope my youtube doesn't randomly recommend me spoilers every week before I even get home.

-Julius Caesar

Q: Can you teach me how to rig? - A: Perhaps this will help:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
conn11399

conn11399

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 2:14 pm

@tuxek Defiantly something to be worried about few shows in existence have held to the quality that GOT has and even fewer have had good endings (maybe Breaking Bad as a close example?) Im excited regardless as I always love the aesthetic of the show and I know at the end of the day it will at least be a fun watch

guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 6:12 am

@tuxek Did just that Very Happy Just finished it actually and man - the runtime was shorter than I expected but that ending blew me.

Spoiler:

I am One but We are Many. We are the boys in White. We Aim to Please. We are the First of the last Order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jetpack4

jetpack4

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Good start to the final season, but sad that there is only going to be six episodes, but at least theyve extended the runtime of the last few.

conn11399

conn11399

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 3:30 pm

@jetpack4 It really was! It makes me sad every time I think the show is over in less then a month. The extended run time should be nice and hopefully they are able to maintain the quality from the first episode to the final.

xKiwil

xKiwil

Character sheet
Name: Tara
Faction: Soul Survivor
Level: 40

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Watched it, the first episode was good but they've definitely got me hyped up for the second episode.

That Bran and Jamie stare down was legendary.

Game of Thrones Season 8 Giphy
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conn11399

conn11399

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 8:26 pm

@xKiwil DUDE! It was so well setup made me actually laugh out loud. "Waiting for a old friend"

Bran: Game of Thrones Season 8 1f60f

Jamie Game of Thrones Season 8 1f62e

guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 6:09 am

@conn11399 If you actually think about it - Bran waited the ENTIRE night just for Jaime alone Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKiwil

xKiwil

Character sheet
Name: Tara
Faction: Soul Survivor
Level: 40

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 10:35 pm

@guan12 wrote:
@conn11399 If you actually think about it - Bran waited the ENTIRE night just for Jaime alone Very Happy

Bloody hilarious. The pettiness is unreal.
"I'm waiting on an old friend."

Game of Thrones Season 8 Giphy
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli
Faction: Independent
Level: 63

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 2:26 am

Personally, I wasn't that into the new episode, although I do give it a pass as it has a lot of (assumingly) dark and serious stuff to get through. Seeing Danny laughing and smiling was just so out of character because she is so stoic and serious all the time. but..

Spoiler:

Again though, the reason it doesn't bother me as much as it would with other shows is that they're on a crash course from last season to the end of the current one. Everyone hated how quickly it took for stuff to get done I.e ravens delivering messages within one episode, when in the past it would've taken several. But that just means that what is to come, is worth rushing everything else to get an ending that isn't utterly disappointing like most box set tv shows.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
conn11399

conn11399

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 3:21 am

Yeah I would say that the scenes with Jon Snow and Daenarys together were rather weak. I dont feel like those two actors have much chemistry.

"its cold out here for a southerner"
"then keep your queen warm"
:Cringe:

I agree though I do think we are going to get a solid ending

Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 3:26 am

@conn11399 It was a bit forced wasn't it? It just feels a little too late

Like I've said before, the world of Westeros is reflective to the current world. Good doesn't prevail, and if it does then not for very long. If the Night King's armies are the only ones left standing then I don't think that would be the worst ending either, it doesn't have to have a good ending in terms of the "Good guys" win in the end.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
jetpack4

jetpack4

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 12:37 pm

@Voyevoda1 That is true, other than that the only issue I feel with the episode is that it was too much builder and not enough content. Like it wanted to go somewhere in the episode but somehow didnt.

conn11399

conn11399

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 1:18 pm

@jetpack4 The good news is I believe we have four episodes this season that are 80+ minutes! So im thinking that this episode was for setup but the rest is going to be action/content packed.

guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 4:49 am

So much hype for the 3rd episode, the real deal is here on who lives and who dies and there's no going back.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jetpack4

jetpack4

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 6:58 am

Yes this should be a good one coming up, especially since they've used the last two episodes just to build it up XD

conn11399

conn11399

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 3:25 am

What did you guys think about it? I really enjoyed this weeks episode. A lot of really good dialogue and a great mix of emotional and funny moments.

Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 3:35 am

Again, hats off to the creators as they do nothave much to go on as the books haven't even been written yet. The writers for the TV show are writing in an ending that has only been relayed to them through George R.R. Martin so it can't be easy. The emotional send offs, goodbyes and forgiveness of one another is necessary because next week looks to clinch best episode ever, or has the potential to.

Really excited for the new episode, I don't think their plan will work and everyone is concerned with the loose ends at this point. I think the three-eyed-raven or bran is the most interesting character as they have seen everything but sometimes answers left unanswered are more fun pre and post tv show, sometimes the answers are disappointing. I do think Jagen H'agar is the litle girl Davos was speaking to. At the end of the day, the next episode will set and determine the ending in a big way, so it'll be really fun to watch.

What is everyone's favourite characters by the way? One of the good things about having that many interesting and conflicting characters is that everyone has a favourite that may not be the same person.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 8   Game of Thrones Season 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Season 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next