Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) 963578843666749.3281.984305707
_
April 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli
Faction: Independent
Level: 63

Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) Empty
PostSubject: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Not sure if anyone is aware, but there has been a lot of arguments recently on the Nexus concerning mod authors and users. All of the as of yet released B42 project mods have been set to private because of unnappreciative users dictating the vision of original mod authors.

Thats B42 put on ice, potentially indefinitely and the loss of The Solid Project, out of poor user response. All in the space of 2-3 weeks.

While this may not hold as much weight as it should as I do not slave away in the GECK as much as mod authors do, but just a general sweeping statement for all mod users in general, old or new. Please respect mod authors. We have been denied 2 of the most amibitous modding utilities and projects in literal years in the making because users don't get their way. Lets face it, Fallout New Vegas is still a derivitive from the original Gamebryo engine that Bethesda used back in the 90's, the game is not perfect or stable but it is dear to the users and fan base it still has to this day. We all owe it to ourselves to be better to each other. Obsidian gave the game 11 months and ever since mod authors have been carrying the torch to keep this game to current game stands in terms of fidelity and gameplay. Some of the work being prodices by mod authors today was unimaginable back at release.

So overall, it doesn't matter who you are. Think before posting someone. GUN is always encouraging all of its users to leave feedback and don't just download and go. I'm asking you to think of what it is you post before you post it as this is the result if you are overly critical or negative over someone's free labour that they have worked hard on for the enjoyment of others. Xilandro can enjoy his mods on his own but we would all like to experience a better gameplay experience. This is in no way targetted towards anyone in GUN, but there is a lesson to be learned here about the drawbacks of a bad community. Please be better to those who work for free for everyones enjoyment.

Link to the explanatuion video, for anyone interested:
Spoiler:

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."

Last edited by Voyevoda1 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 1:44 pm

No truer words have been spoken. That is the bad thing about the Nexus it has so many bad apples showing no appreciation to the hard work and hours upon hours modders spend working on their projects. They are just about instant self gratification and no second thoughts to how their actions affect others.
I try to be as genuine as possible in showing my appreciation to the craft and work the modders do. They do indeed keep a game like New Vegas fun after all these years. I really enjoy what awesome and fun mods The Modders add to New Vegas which is my favorite of all the Fallouts.

Kaevire

Kaevire

Character sheet
Name: Revenant
Faction: N7
Level: ∞

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 2:20 pm

Well shit, that's a real shame... it really is.

I've been checking in on Xilandro every now and then, watching his work with great interest. It's sad to see that Xilandro is going through this kind of experience and has been forced to put his B42 project on ice when it showed so much potential.

I read through the chat record shown in the video, and honestly? I feel like the guy who wrote the guide should've respected xilandro's wishes and removed the mods like he asked him to. There's so many mods listed in that guide already, would it have really hurt to just simply remove Xilandro's ones? It would've helped avoid a whole lot of drama and negativity, everyone could've just gone on their merry way without any issues or animosity whatsoever. But now as a result of the guide creator's refusal to do something so goddamn simple, unnecessary drama has started between these two people and Xilandro has been forced to take rather drastic measures as a result.

I hope these two reconcile eventually and find a way to turn things around, otherwise the modding community as a whole will probably suffer... it would be a shame to lose Xilandro's years upon years of work. It won't be the end of the world, of course, but it'd be a big loss for the community nonetheless.

d_ahat

d_ahat

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 5:54 pm

As a start - ty for video - my bad i forget to record discussion about Solid Project, that explain why it is taken down.
But, - hidden mods (this time)is not result of a ppl negative comments(saw a lot of thous in time), but actions from a particular person. Named and tagged. Now, personally i did not read any of his guides and honestly, i think this is a first time i see this..... hmm. Looks like he is popular, but i miss that.
Solid Project was taken down as a result of a direct assault from ...some ppl. Not have screen now and cannot prove, so i will spare names. One of things i do remember, was that ...... blame author for use parts from other mods, that was given free to him. And (since he add a donation bar at page), that he try to make profit from other ppl's work.
Personal opinion for this situation:
That.....guide maker has right to add any mod to his list. Any modmaker/author has rights to ask him to remove his work. If he really respect ppl, as he claim, he must respect author wish.  Personally i think he must respect and remove mods from list, but(while not pleasant for me too) - he did not break any rule.

PP: Ok, saw the guide - will pass.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli
Faction: Independent
Level: 63

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 7:22 pm

@d_ahat I don't think it is the place for anyone other thanthe people involved to comment on what is right and wrong. I think most people would agree though that the minute the mod author asked to remove them from a list then he should have honoured that wish, regardless of reasoning for this because at the end of the day, the mod author only puts his/her mods out there for others to enjoy, not for others to touch in any way without permission. Even though both parties have an understandable arguement it comes down to consent, mod authors release mods but just because it is out there being enojoyed, doesn't mean than the mod author still doesn't own what this mod is, even if the mod is from something that already exists, probably more so seeing as the potential for reporcussion towards to mod author for using licensed or copyrighted material.

Semantics, emotion and opinion aside, the purpose for this post was to illuminate why the systems in play on GUN are necessary (In the least kiss-assery way possible) is because there are real life examples of people ruining it for everyone. Sadness is the first emotioin when you think of whats happened, sad that people are missing out because people mess with the will of mod authors. Another sad example of how easy it is for everyone to miss out.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
JackLovecraft

JackLovecraft

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 7:41 pm

First Tominfinite and now Xilandro ?...... gonna love when folks who have never touched the geck/creationkit for these games theyd get a bloody aneurysm otherwise.... I wont say anything new to this conversation but 800+ mods and then a line of text Stable Game free from crashes and stutters.....haha clickbait

for FNV thats trying to sell a dead hooker at Disney Land

Sooner or later something, somewhere , somehow will break , cause an error, run out of memory or crash we are talking an engine made out ducktape and broken eggsshells held in place by goddamn black magic , You could get a damn golden statue for being a experienced mod user but pal thats just the Surface anyone could read a description thing is its not always a happy ending...and with a guide like that you are leading a Half Blind Half Deaf Horde to a Lava Pool
sure people will read it but my good man what happens to those who dont ?

d_ahat

d_ahat

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 8:37 pm

Not going to argue. As i say - when u get direct request from mod author - u MUST respect his/her wish.

I just point some facts in my post.
Owning mod, doesn't mean u own what ppl write  about it. Adding a mod to a mod guide doesn't touch or harm mod author rights. It's free world. Sad that some..hmmm....use it wrong. But that always was and always be.
Personally i do not allow myself to say , that something made is bad - no matter how it looks/work.

As for system... GUN is personal project made by mod authors. And they do know how to respect others.
Nexus  on other hand... well if u do not break the rules - and that..... did not, they will not take action. Otherwise they can be accused for censorship.

Will stop here - as u say this post is not for arguing, but as warning and example what harm can be done with just a few posted words.

EDIT: Jees this ..... is really megalomaniac. Just go and see what he wrote at posts about that!!!!

Last edited by d_ahat on Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 9:00 pm

Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) DgPJQfLUwAACogv

An understandable decision, it's weird looking back when i started modding NV, and how things are now, how i'm able to change the game how i want it to be, it's been a long way.

Knowing about this makes me wonder what happened to that one retexture/remodel for the 9mm SMG a couple of months ago that was up on the nexus like for a some days and then out of the blue it banished, t'was pretty well done.

Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) Mt4ItGK
Kek:

Last edited by The Rabid Dog on Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 9:10 pm

The sinatro guy is a complete scum. First of all, I heard he is using redundant and incompatible mods all in the same list. Secondly, he needs to respect Mod Authors when they ask for something - if they stop modding because of these idiots, what now? Third - you can tell he's a scum on patreon when you can donate 150 dollars for a letter and a discord rank to be his "friend".

The One Man Army guy is hiding his mods too because of him. Thank god i have it already but god I hope we still have these mod authors. I wish this was April Fools. Im pretty frustrated

SELFISH: Also i need a older version of Quickthrow, his new 3.1 version is detecting my skeleton and automatically saying "No". Can someone PM me a older version? 2.9 preferably. I've asked Xilandro himself on elsewhere but im hoping someone can help me out. I really sympathize with Xilandro i do.

EDIT: Nevermind. I have decided to use 3.1 at the cost of some body mods but its not that bad :2

Last edited by blahblahblah on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 9:11 pm

It's pretty depressing that this is the state of modding we've reached where established, well-respected creators have to pull the plug on such great projects just because of a few asshats. Xilandro's mods are some of - if not the highest quality utility mods for NV. I honestly can't play NV anymore without Solid Project or Weapon Inertia. Such a shame. I hope he will continue to work on the B42 projects at least without releasing them for a while.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
c4in

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

I don't understand these guys who does not respect modders or their wishes by acting like a overall jerk. They do it even when they know what is going to happen. That just blows my mind, like stop before you ruin the fun for everyone else.

I don't know what's the deal with Tominfinite and his reasons, Xilandro's decision I can understand. But sometimes extreme measures are needed to achieve something I guess.

And who the hell needs over 800 mods anyways.

View user profile
Blonde

Blonde

Character sheet
Name: Corvo
Faction: Undead
Level: Colonial/Paragon

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 11:24 pm

I've been quite out of the loop on the Nexus drama and modding in general ever since about nearly a year ago, but damn that is sad. Xilandro's mods were pretty amazing and he was among the most ambitious modders for the game. Project B42 was one of the most exciting projects in the NV modding scene and it's a damn shame if it's never going to be picked up again.

The real problem is YouTubers and the power trip they go on when they realize they have a sizable influence in a niche community. They think they can just give the middle finger to mod authors and ignore how they feel because "you're a nobody and you make simple mods" and "who gives a sh*t? lol".

But this is testament to just how fragile the mod community is. One video and the kids rush to bitch to the modder about (themselves) absolutely murdering their game by not using parts of their brain they are meant to use. btw lmao @ "800+ FNV mods and 100% compatibility" what kind of f*cking retard thinks this is remotely possible?

rojok2

rojok2

Character sheet
Name: Johan
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 11:31 pm

It should be noted that if you missed any of his mods he has links in the comments, but this situation is messed up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
callabar

callabar

Character sheet
Name: Danny
Faction: Scoia'Tael

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 12:17 am

I really don't like Sinitar. His Discord has a channel dedicated to mod piracy (reuploading mods that authors took down) and he actively promotes it. Why can't he just remove them from his guide?

Kaevire

Kaevire

Character sheet
Name: Revenant
Faction: N7

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 2:10 am

@callabar Wait... really? Jesus Christ, that's a little scummy but I can't say I'm too surprised. In the chat record showcased in that video, he seemed pretty disrespectful and stubborn in regards to such a trivial issue. He was honestly kinda petty, and I don't think his actions where worth it in the long run.

I'm trying my best here to not judge somebody I've never met before, but it's hard not to after hearing that. After all, if he disrespected one mod author then what's stopping him from disrespecting others?

jacoboriley

jacoboriley

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 2:46 am

This is very similar to what happened a year or so ago to Elianora. She pulled her entire collection of mods down from the Nexus and went to war with the offender, whose name or site I don't remember. The ensuing argument in the forum at the time, between the "entitled" and the grateful users of her mods was very revealing about those that saw no problem with theft.

The riling up of those who were actually thankful for all the modders work, actually got the pirate site to back down and apologize. I don't know if that site just changed names and continued, but Elianora did get a 'victory' and put her mods back up. I wonder if something similar with xilantro may happen.

WarfareChild53

WarfareChild53

Character sheet
Name: Monster of The West
Faction: NCR

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 4:53 am

I hate when people think they have a right to claim something that they never created themselves. I saw their conversation too on the forum the guy was like "Oh but you'll gain more downloads" Xilandro never cared about low downloads in the first place.

blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 6:19 am

@callabar wrote:
I really don't like Sinitar. His Discord has a channel dedicated to mod piracy (reuploading mods that authors took down) and he actively promotes it. Why can't he just remove them from his guide?

What absolute garbage. Nexus community should ban him and make an announcement about it. He is killing the community.

Obdulio

Obdulio

Character sheet
Name: Obdulio
Faction: Dragunov
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 8:00 am

It's extremely disappointing I was really looking forward to hopefully some day see a release of his Bow & Arrow mod, I wonder if he might come here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RangerGUN

RangerGUN

Character sheet
Name: Connor
Faction: Yes Man

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 12:26 pm

Reading a comment from the mod author, PineappleSurprise, he asked Sinitar to remove his Alien Exterminator quest mod. He said "it's not an extremely well put-together mod and I took several "shortcuts" when making it (sloppy edits to exteriors, etc). I really don't want it to be responsible for breaking people's games." Sinitar completely brushed it off and said "I have tested all mods before adding them and had no issues with your mod." If the mod author says their own work was sloppy and fears about breaking people's games, it shows how much of a charlatan Sinitar is, claiming that his guide can make 800 mods work 'without worrying about compatibility'.

This guide should be taken down for misleading users and disrespecting the mod author's wishes. Xilandro and other mod authors dedicate their time in making these mods and they're doing it without charging their users. It's disappointing to see this in the modding community how some users mistreat the mod creators. I hope this issue gets resolved.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)   Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Xilandro/B42 set to private (RESOLVED)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next