Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
July 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheLastJuan

TheLastJuan

What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 1:49 am

1.- They gave control to the biggest hack in the industry of "nostalgic franchises", JJ "Mystery box" Abrams.

2.-They gave the videogame rights to EA.
Back to top Go down
John Henry Eden

John Henry Eden

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 3:54 am

Well its just every thing. Disney is the EA of Film industry.

The best way to show how litle they understand about Star Wars would be Luke.

Luke in old movies.
"My father has killed milions of inocent people but i know there is still good in him."

Luke in new movies.
"Mhe my nephew had some bad dreams i better kill him."

Back to top Go down
SubJet

SubJet

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 3:56 am

I do have some distaste in disney starwars but by no means is it worse than legends, where they made Ig-88 part of the death star.
Back to top Go down
John Henry Eden

John Henry Eden

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 4:08 am

Well legends went some what to far. How ever they still had some good stuff. Old rebuplic was great.
I still enjoy playing KOTOR, but boy did they shit in KOTOR 2 still loking on you Obsidian. And well Revans story was quite the fail, being one of the best Sith Lords and geting his ass kicked by some low levels in an mid class MMO.
Back to top Go down
apraha91

apraha91

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 2:52 pm

Inconsistency and so popular right now political correctness. Both plot breaking.
Good recycling, very bad scripting.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 12:42 am

Disney rescued star wars from Lucas, who had utterly lost his mind as far as I'm concerned. Jar Jar! R2 flying! I could go on but I'll give myself pstd. So glad that ridiculous prequel era is a thing of the past. Dinsey in charge means we're going to be seeing a whole range of good or bad Star Wars, rather than something eternally controlled by one man who had lost his touch.

Rey and Fin have no hope of ever being the legends that Han and Luke were but that's the fault of Abrams being waaay over-worshiped and over-rated. Joss Whedon has ended up like that too, over-rated now despite his hallowed past achievements) Rey is nowhere near as horrible a character as Jar Jar, not even remotely close.

Social justice? I love it. I want more. People who hate social justice have no idea how that actually makes them look. Most people who hate social justice didn't complain about movies that featured mostly male characters, but put a woman or a black woman up front, and they go mad. It's really incredible.

It's not social justice that hurt the new movies, it's just that Abrams didn't know what to do with it, he just wasn't able to come up with an interesting idea; remove the "social justice" and it still would have been flat.
I thought Rogue One was serviceable if certainly not a legend. The Mandalorian is being fairly well received, and that means, more than anything, that it's the individual writers that make or break it, and not Disney itself. Disney breaking Lucas' stranglehold means some new blood is being allowed into the frnachise, and some of it will fall flat, and some of it will excel beyond the prequel-era Lucas.
Back to top Go down
scrab20

scrab20

Character sheet
Name: Decimus Sextus Agrippa
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:55 am

Lack of imagination, lack of quality creation content just lazyness in general and lame and annoying characters, it's very sad the only good movies that they did was rogue one and solo movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2